Author Topic: calves today  (Read 956 times)

wild willie

• Getbig V
calves today
« on: May 11, 2010, 11:28:47 PM »
6 sets

of toe presses..........20 reps a set........that is it......very basic......nothing fancy whatsoever

absolutely unreal pump!!!!  keep it simple!!!

ronbrgundy

• Getbig II
  • You stay classy
Re: calves today
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 12:13:06 AM »
I agree.. with.. you..  ;D

I find that with calves its all about getting that contraction.  I like to keep the form perfect then burn out towards the end of the set.  A lot of people never reach their potential on calves because they want to ho hum it with sets of 10 when they could have done more.  I like to pick a moderate weight and do 20, then go up and do 20, then once I can't do 20 I just burn out a few sets.  Then I pick one other exercise and do the same.  To me 6 intense sets is perfect for calves and traps (not counting any warm ups or pyramid ups)

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 03:48:53 AM »
I'm the same - I only do seated calf raises and toe presses now - four sets for each 15-20 reps a set. I can't feel shit doing standing calf raises. Well, I can, but I don't seem to get anywhere with them - I know most people seem to swear by them but they just don't do it for me.  :-\

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 07:17:01 AM »
standing calf raises always hurt my lower back......i stay away from them. just my 2 cents.