Author Topic: Should I move to Virginia Beach or Raleigh, NC  (Read 5354 times)

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
Re: Virginia beach -Raleigh,NC
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2011, 01:33:50 AM »
A chick I used to hang out with in college lives in Raleigh and she was a huge slut.
Deal clincher right there  8) :D

kh300

• Getbig V
Re: Should I move to Virginia Beach or Raleigh, NC
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2011, 09:06:19 AM »
Looks like Raleigh's the way to go. Thanks guys

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2011, 12:13:14 PM »
Looks like Raleigh's the way to go. Thanks guys
Honestly, I`d rather not have any more of you move to NC.  Seriously, all you carpetbaggers do when you come here is pollute things and ruin our way of life.  You want to turn everything into a giant Apple Store and "hippify" everything.

It really is annoying.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2011, 12:16:31 PM »
Honestly, I`d rather not have any more of you move to NC.  Seriously, all you carpetbaggers do when you come here is pollute things and ruin our way of life.  You want to turn everything into a giant Apple Store and "hippify" everything.

It really is annoying.

Nothing like a nice strip mall....

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2011, 12:22:55 PM »

It really is annoying.
Still fighting the good fight. Like those Jap holdouts in the Pacific.  ;D

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2011, 12:27:49 PM »

It really is annoying.

x2

I hate all those fuckers.  This new toll road thing has me especially pissed off.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2011, 01:14:49 PM »
Honestly, I`d rather not have any more of you move to NC.  Seriously, all you carpetbaggers do when you come here is pollute things and ruin our way of life.  You want to turn everything into a giant Apple Store and "hippify" everything.

It really is annoying.

LOL I totally agree with you. I will be buying a condo as close to downtown as I can. Not a house in the suburbs. I will be shopping at locally owned stores and eating at local restaurants,drinking whisky from your finest pubs,and buying produce from your local farmers. Not shopping at walmart with a starbucks cup in hand and eating at applebee's.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
Re: Virginia beach -Raleigh,NC
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2011, 01:51:04 PM »
I know---look there is a certain "element" at VB, and they don't know how to act right many of the time...like during Memorial Day or Labor Day...OBX is quieter, calmer, more peaceful, but you can still find the party spots...imagine making Paella on the beach...

Just backing Parker up on this, there is a decent amount of trashy people that have moved there, in certain areas. I have friends there and they are always complaining about petty crime, etc......

SamsonD

• Getbig II
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2011, 02:39:49 PM »

It really is annoying.

OMG this is so true!  I'll admit, though that I'm a yankee than moved down here too, but it seems every year it gets worse.  I remember 10 12 years ago when I would come up from Jacksonville it was a lot different.  Now we have all the "trendy" places to live and shop.  Fuck Cary, fuck Southpoint and all the damn apple wanna be hipppies that polute them.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2011, 02:42:40 PM »
Check with Falcon. He lives around the Raleigh area he can give you the status of hoes around the area. Va Beach sucks.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2011, 10:13:15 AM »
I have family in the Raleigh-Durham, Garner area (the triangle)---Raleigh was voted one of the best places to live a few yrs ago), thing is, if you make money, it can go a long way down there. But if you have kids, put them in private school, NC's public schools are notoriously bad (sorry folks). I like the quietness of the OBX and going to Kittyhawk or the Indian Reservation. You can find a lot of educated, refined chica chicas there due to UNC, Duke, NC State, and other small colleges...

Then you have the pillheads and methheads---stay away from certain "sectors".

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2011, 04:17:51 PM »
I have family in the Raleigh-Durham, Garner area (the triangle)---Raleigh was voted one of the best places to live a few yrs ago), thing is, if you make money, it can go a long way down there. But if you have kids, put them in private school, NC's public schools are notoriously bad (sorry folks). I like the quietness of the OBX and going to Kittyhawk or the Indian Reservation. You can find a lot of educated, refined chica chicas there due to UNC, Duke, NC State, and other small colleges...

X2 in bold.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2011, 05:28:52 PM »

That would be called Durham.   ;D

Lived here in Raleigh for the last 5 yrs.  Hit me up if you want any advices.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2011, 06:09:45 PM »
Nothing could be finer than to be in Carolina.
~