Author Topic: Anti-American  (Read 23236 times)

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
Re: Anti-American
« Reply #150 on: July 02, 2023, 06:31:20 PM »
No. But maybe it means that you do.  :) Just kidding - I am fairly sure you are a upstanding person who happens to have a sick sense of humor.

As for transexuals, while I have some difficulty understanding this... what other folks do, including undergoing gender reassignment surgery is their business and has no impact on me. Guess you could say I am neutral on this topic... neither support nor not-support it.

Some drag queens are amusing when they parody females. If I held stock in Max Factor or owned a wig store, I would really appreciate all they go through to entertain other folks. One time in the late 70’s my wife and I got tickets to the Darcelle XV Showplace in downtown Portland. He opened Darcelle’s in 1967 and it has remained successful ever since. The show goes on despite Darcelle’s passing last March at 93 years of age. https://www.darcellexv.com

I had to google ‘race-baiter’ because it was not clear to me what that term meant. Having done this, I can safely say that I am the opposite of a race-baiter. Just ask any of my many good friends who are not the same race as me.

YES

FIXED

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #151 on: July 05, 2023, 10:33:19 PM »
Ashamed of the USA?! Media’s 20 Worst Anti-American Outbursts
Geoffrey Dickens
July 4th, 2023
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/geoffrey-dickens/2023/07/04/ashamed-usa-medias-20-worst-anti-american-outbursts

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: July 26, 2023, 11:19:08 AM »
We've gone from The Greatest Generation, where young men lied about their age so they could serve and die for their country, to this.

By the numbers: Overall, 39% of U.S. adults say they are "extremely proud" to be American in the most recent poll.

Meanwhile, only 18% of those aged 18-34 said the same, compared to 40% of those aged 35-54 and 50% of those 55 and over.
By comparison, in 2013, 85% of those aged 18-29 said they were "extremely" or "very" proud to be an American.

Poll: Youth sour on America
Sareen Habeshian
Jul 24, 2023 - Politics & Policy
https://www.axios.com/2023/07/25/millennials-gen-z-american-pride-decline-patriotism

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: July 27, 2023, 12:31:52 AM »
We've gone from The Greatest Generation, where young men lied about their age so they could serve and die for their country, to this.

By the numbers: Overall, 39% of U.S. adults say they are "extremely proud" to be American in the most recent poll.

Meanwhile, only 18% of those aged 18-34 said the same, compared to 40% of those aged 35-54 and 50% of those 55 and over.
By comparison, in 2013, 85% of those aged 18-29 said they were "extremely" or "very" proud to be an American.

Poll: Youth sour on America
Sareen Habeshian
Jul 24, 2023 - Politics & Policy
https://www.axios.com/2023/07/25/millennials-gen-z-american-pride-decline-patriotism
Those who died fighting for all this are probably rolling over in their graves.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #154 on: December 11, 2023, 08:49:13 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: March 19, 2024, 05:47:59 PM »
Huffington Post cover page:

DEADBEAT DON: NON-STOP WHINING ABOUT $464 MILLION FRAUD BILL

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: April 11, 2024, 10:51:53 PM »
Rashida Tlaib loses it when confronted over silence on 'Death to America' chants

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: April 22, 2024, 02:05:54 PM »
House Democrats have introduced a bill that would strip Secret Service protection from convicted felons sentenced to prison, a move directly targeting former President Trump who is currently on criminal trial in New York City for alleged hush money payments made during the 2016 election campaign and faces several other cases which could land him behind bars.

Rep. Bennie Thompson, D-Miss., the former chair of the now disbanded Jan. 6 congressional committee, introduced legislation that would automatically nix Secret Service protection for those who have been convicted of a federal or state felony that carries a minimum one-year prison term.

The proposed bill is provocatively called the "Denying Infinite Security and Government Resources Allocated toward Convicted and Extremely Dishonorable (DISGRACED) Former Protectees Act.

Unfortunately, current law doesn’t anticipate how Secret Service protection would impact the felony prison sentence of a protectee—even a former President," Thompson said in a statement.

"It is regrettable that it has come to this, but this previously unthought-of scenario could become our reality."

A so-called "fact sheet" accompanying Thompson’s statement notes that Trump is facing an "unprecedented 91 felony charges in federal and state courts" which have "created a new exigency that Congress must address to ensure Secret Service protection does not interfere with the criminal judicial process and the administration of justice."

The one-page document also states that the bill would apply to former President Trump should he be convicted of a felony, as well as to all Secret Service protectees convicted and sentenced under felony charges.

It notes that current law does not contemplate how Secret Service security would be administered to a protectee serving jail time and it therefore may pose logistical difficulties for both the Secret Service and prison authorities.

The proposed bill, Thompson says, would avoid such complications with incarcerating former President Trump should he be ordered to serve jail time.

"Therefore, it is necessary for us to be prepared and update the law so the American people can be assured that protective status does not translate into special treatment—and that those who are sentenced to prison will indeed serve the time required of them," Thompson said.

It would also address suggestions that any potential conviction of Trump would likely result in some form of home confinement rather than prison time, given his Secret Service protection.

This bill would remove the potential for conflicting lines of authority within prisons and allow judges to weigh the sentencing of individuals without having to factor in the logistical concerns of convicts with Secret Service protection," the document states. 

Secret Service protection is afforded to current presidents and their family members as well as former presidents and other high level officials. Protection was expanded to major party presidential nominees following the assassination of Senator Robert F. Kennedy in 1968, although his son has not been provided with Secret Service protection for his 2024 independent run.

As well as the hush money trial, Trump is charged in Georgia with trying to overturn the 2020 election in a racketeering case. He also has upcoming trials in Florida over his alleged hoarding of classified White House documents and in Washington D.C., where he is accused of conspiring to overturn the results of his election loss.

He has pleaded not guilty to all charges.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democrats-look-strip-secret-service-protection-trump-convicted