Author Topic: So - I'm minding my own business when this....  (Read 727 times)

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
So - I'm minding my own business when this....
« on: September 14, 2008, 09:53:10 PM »
I'm currently in El Segundo, CA, staying in a serviced appartment for a couple of weeks.

I parked the car at the appartments & noticed there was a black guy hanging around. He started to talk to me,  I fully expected him to be a bible basher so after a few words I just gave him my usual plams up & "Not interested mate". I turned my back to him & started walking up the stairs when I heard "do you know, if you haven't spent much time in the black community, you are probably racist".

Now - I am not easily upset - but this kind of bullshit really gets my back up, so I went down for a chat. I pointed out that I'm English , I've lived in Japan but now I live in Thailand & I have a mixed race kid there, so how the fuck could I be racist ?  I asked him how he thought he had the right to judge me just by the color of MY skin & how long he was going to spend his life walking around with that huge chip on his shoulder.

And the cheeky cnut came back at me with "yes but if you haven't spent much time in the black community, you are still probably racist"

There's just no telling some people. What the fuck do I have to do in order to be white & not racist ? Fuck his sister ?

What a cheeky fucking cnut, eh ? Unbelievable.

If he hadn't been a foot taller than me, I'd probably have slapped the twat.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
Re: So - I'm minding my own business when this....
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 09:57:08 PM »

Hahaha. Brutal honesty. 

What did he want from you to start with again?  Was he a bible basher?  I live in CA, but haven't run into random african-american dudes who want to convert me.  Granted, I don't run into many african-american dudes, period.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 10:34:05 PM »
I'm currently in El Segundo, CA, staying in a serviced appartment for a couple of weeks.

I parked the car at the appartments & noticed there was a black guy hanging around. He started to talk to me,  I fully expected him to be a bible basher so after a few words I just gave him my usual plams up & "Not interested mate". I turned my back to him & started walking up the stairs when I heard "do you know, if you haven't spent much time in the black community, you are probably racist".

Now - I am not easily upset - but this kind of bullshit really gets my back up, so I went down for a chat. I pointed out that I'm English , I've lived in Japan but now I live in Thailand & I have a mixed race kid there, so how the fuck could I be racist ?  I asked him how he thought he had the right to judge me just by the color of MY skin & how long he was going to spend his life walking around with that huge chip on his shoulder.

And the cheeky cnut came back at me with "yes but if you haven't spent much time in the black community, you are still probably racist"

There's just no telling some people. What the fuck do I have to do in order to be white & not racist ? Fuck his sister ?

What a cheeky fucking cnut, eh ? Unbelievable.

Man El Segundo must have changed.  There was a time blacks were not allowed (nicely) in El Segundo especially just hanging around.  When my uncle died he owned 126 houses in that city.  I worked at Chevron Refinery for a couple of years back in the early 80's

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 06:02:20 AM »
Hahaha. Brutal honesty. 

What did he want from you to start with again?  Was he a bible basher?  I live in CA, but haven't run into random african-american dudes who want to convert me.  Granted, I don't run into many african-american dudes, period.

I really don't know but I guess he was panhandling with his 'novel' approach. Perhaps he was playing his sympathy card & perhaps it works with some people.

Usually if a stranger approaches me, I do my utmost not to engage them as I find it hard to believe any stranger will ever approach me & offer me something where I am going to benefit in any way. I live in a country full of timeshare salesmen, so maybe I am unduly cynical.

When I returned to speak to him, I think it was fairly clear that whatever he wanted, he wasn't going to get it from me but he did lamely try to go back to his spiel again.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 06:05:44 AM »
Man El Segundo must have changed.  There was a time blacks were not allowed (nicely) in El Segundo especially just hanging around.  When my uncle died he owned 126 houses in that city.  I worked at Chevron Refinery for a couple of years back in the early 80's

It's still a very white city & I'm pretty sure that if the cops had seen him hanging around that they'd have moved him on. I've been coming here since the early 90's & not seen much change.

It's boring as batshit here though, I was kind of glad for the excitement.