Author Topic: staggerd sets  (Read 1394 times)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
staggerd sets
« on: January 10, 2013, 05:41:47 AM »
we all have to do Abs or calfes...and although they are worked in basic moves how can you do them and keep motivated? The answer is for me staggered sets. you do say a set of the muscle group you are working say chest.. bench 1-2 sets, then a set of abs/calfes repeat this through your workout...and before you know it you have worked your Abs/calfes inbetween your main workout. This keeps you moving and in a way is very motivating.

kimo

• Getbig III
Re: staggerd sets
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 06:44:19 AM »
arnold did those for calves

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 11:58:55 AM »
I used it a few years back for pull ups when I sucked at them.
It works really well

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 12:14:20 PM »
I used it a few years back for pull ups when I sucked at them.
It works really well
i like it too .. they say Bodybuilding is not rocket science but i disagree.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 05:19:29 PM »
i've done that for grip work among other things... tried and true technique to me

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 06:12:26 PM »
That's old school, and like most old school can work very well .Not only calves/abs but also biceps, triceps and delts can respond very well. Bass Generator gives a good example, when heavier compound movements are worked in..

Strength athletes , at times, do this method. Olympic lifters, may work in a set of the quick lifts (using lighter poundage) like snatches,or even squats, to get their form down.

A little different method: Friend of mine, in high school, would do a couple sets of handstand presses throughout the day to improve his overhead press.  Worked very well and also increased shoulder girdle mass. Guy's also hit the calves that way, working more for the full stretch, rather than serious reps. Probably a good idea to avoid going to failure on this style program. Good Luck.
F