Author Topic: PJ Braun chest training  (Read 17650 times)

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
Re: PJ Braun chest training
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2014, 06:03:16 PM »
2 hands on the bar two feet on the ground = closed chain.

Lol oh boy  ;D

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Closed_kinetic_chain_exercises

Closed kinetic chain exercises or closed chain exercises (CKC) are physical exercises performed where the hand (for arm movement) or foot (for leg movement) is fixed in space and cannot move. The extremity remains in constant contact with the immobile surface, usually the ground or the base of a machine.

Your ignorance is amusing, especially considering that you do this stuff for a living.  Let's hope none of your clients have a rudimentary knowledge of exercise science. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2014, 12:44:49 AM »
Lol oh boy  ;D

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Closed_kinetic_chain_exercises

Your ignorance is amusing, especially considering that you do this stuff for a living.  Let's hope none of your clients have a rudimentary knowledge of exercise science.  

I'm not going to get into a pissing match you. But understand one thing. Even though some consider a push up a closed chain exercise and a bench press open (which is bullshit) in both exercises the feet can move. But for the sake of this argument both are correct and incorrect because on both exercises the feet can move and in the push-up the arms can move from the ground. If both extremities can move from its affixed place it immediately becomes open chain. On the other hand. Only the feet can move on the bench press because, well, if you take your hand off the fuckkng bar during the exercise you're likely going to die. But to make the exercise effective you keep your feet on the ground and hand affixed to the bar making it a.....you got it. Closed kenetic chain exercise.

http://www.academia.edu/773593/Activation_of_Selected_Shoulder_Muscles_During_Unilateral_Wall_and_Bench_Press_Tasks_Under_Submaximal_Isometric_Effort

whitewidow

« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2014, 02:26:19 AM »
I'm not going to get into a pissing match you. But understand one thing. Even though some consider a push up a closed chain exercise and a bench press open (which is bullshit) in both exercises the feet can move. But for the sake of this argument both are correct and incorrect because on both exercises the feet can move and in the push-up the arms can move from the ground. If both extremities can move from its affixed place it immediately becomes open chain. On the other hand. Only the feet can move on the bench press because, well, if you take your hand off the fuckkng bar during the exercise you're likely going to die. But to make the exercise effective you keep your feet on the ground and hand affixed to the bar making it a.....you got it. Closed kenetic chain exercise.

http://www.academia.edu/773593/Activation_of_Selected_Shoulder_Muscles_During_Unilateral_Wall_and_Bench_Press_Tasks_Under_Submaximal_Isometric_Effort

bottom line who gives a fuck as long as his training is working for him?
BTW- just curious what are your credentials? you train fighters correct?

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2014, 05:49:58 AM »

I have NEVER heard of this definition....a closed chain exercise is one in which the active limbs are fixed in position, eg: pushups, dips, pullups

If you consider a bench press or pec deck to be closed chain, then what would be an open chain exercise?

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2014, 05:54:21 AM »
I'm posting this on here because I forgot my login for MD and too lazy to retrieve it. But I was looking at his training video for chest and it's a typical bodybuilders except without the heavy movements. It is what it is. Not that my opinion matters but the dude had a pretty good shoulder injury and throughout the workout he was on almost all machines, all closed chain and fixed (smith, chest press, pec deck, etc). Little room for muscle recruitment to help the actual stabilizer(s) get stronger, regain mobility and flexibility. It's all isolation. Anyone with a shoulder problem like this or similar shouldn't isolate. We do about 5-6 either rehabs or post PT rehabs a year and the last thing that's recommended is machine work and very careful to not isolate, overhead press, no straight bar (unless it's a bamboo press for the rehab).

In his back lat spread he said he had a hard time pulling out the right lat due to the injury and I couldn't read all of the report (because it was blurry).

Long story short, don't rehab on machines, strengthen stabilizers (subscap especially), lots of flexibility movements, use free weight for primary movers (again, not machines).

Why did I post this? Because bodybuilding hasn't progressed in 50 years and rehab just doing trying different machines until you find one that doesn't hurt. Just because it doesn't hurt doesn't mean the injury is healed. I don't know how he injured himself but it looks almost trauma-like.

http://www.musculardevelopment.com/training/13788-pj-braun-chest-workout-muscular-development.html#.VHtNgWctDIU

Dear Coach,

I developed some osteo-arthritis in my right shoulder region after turning 50, ( diagnosed by my doc).
I'm sure you make some decent points but barbell inclines and benches only made the problem worse.
Thanks to Hammer type machines, I can still workout on my chest with intensity.

whitewidow

« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2014, 05:58:08 AM »
Dear Coach,

I developed some osteo-arthritis in my right shoulder region after turning 50, ( diagnosed by my doc).
I'm sure you make some decent points but barbell inclines and benches only made the problem worse.

I think alot of older bodybuilders or not even that old but after awhile we put in so much work on the incline bench and flat bench and decline bench we have the mass and size to get away with using hammer strength. I have a HUGE chest and I mainly use hammer strength. I do alot of incline and flat just on a smith rack like PJ it just feels more controlled and results are the same. I actually started doing assited dips wich makes it way easier on the joints all muscle work! john meadows does the same shit! watch him train with even very safe workout with same results!

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2014, 09:36:17 AM »
How about SpasticalCuunter83? He might have a car.
If you're referring to naturalwonder83, watch your tone, "knooger". >:(

Yeah, him, I would.
NW83 would destroy you while blasting your shitty product out of his acne covered ass!
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2014, 11:10:06 AM »
NW83 would destroy you while blasting your shitty product out of his acne covered ass!
chaos whiteknightning naturalw83

things that make you go hmmmm

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2014, 11:29:16 AM »
I think alot of older bodybuilders or not even that old but after awhile we put in so much work on the incline bench and flat bench and decline bench we have the mass and size to get away with using hammer strength. I have a HUGE chest and I mainly use hammer strength. I do alot of incline and flat just on a smith rack like PJ it just feels more controlled and results are the same. I actually started doing assited dips wich makes it way easier on the joints all muscle work! john meadows does the same shit! watch him train with even very safe workout with same results!

Good post.

I think it's a simple matter of being able to hit the muscle group with intensity.
How you do it really doesn't matter.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2014, 11:56:18 AM »
chaos whiteknightning naturalw83

things that make you go hmmmm
Settle down Bob Kims Dong and have some Cream of Sum Yung Gi.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2014, 12:17:07 PM »

Were you able to find a white helmet to fit over your cranium?

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2014, 01:18:07 PM »
Settle down Bob Kims Dong and have some Cream of Sum Yung Gi.
haha  ;D

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2014, 01:20:24 PM »
Were you able to find a white helmet to fit over your cranium?
I borrowed krankensteins....
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2014, 01:43:54 PM »
Dear Coach,

Howard, You're in your 50's, PJ isn't. Big difference when comparing that to an injury. I'm sure (although not diagnosed) that either I'm in the beginning or it or will eventually get it. I dunno. Some days I feel great, some days I'm stiff as a board. But it's my fault for not training as consistent as I would like. Might have to go back to the "bodybuilding" life style only with adding some function.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2014, 10:33:35 PM »

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2014, 10:59:53 PM »
Gayaos being a real sweeheart in this thread.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2014, 02:01:10 PM »
Howard, You're in your 50's, PJ isn't. Big difference when comparing that to an injury. I'm sure (although not diagnosed) that either I'm in the beginning or it or will eventually get it. I dunno. Some days I feel great, some days I'm stiff as a board. But it's my fault for not training as consistent as I would like. Might have to go back to the "bodybuilding" life style only with adding some function.

Regarding shoulder problems, would you still suggest to make full ROM chest/delt presses or rather partials? I'm asking this, because going full ROM or not, is a debatable topic.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2014, 02:15:01 PM »
Regarding shoulder problems, would you still suggest to make full ROM chest/delt presses or rather partials? I'm asking this, because going full ROM or not, is a debatable topic.

Going full ROM should always be the goal. IMO, you always want to regain what your body is naturally capable of doing. 

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2014, 03:09:56 PM »
Going full ROM should always be the goal. IMO, you always want to regain what your body is naturally capable of doing. 

That function argument makes sense, but what if the joint keeps hurting? This is daily practice for many lifters...

Billy Guns

« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2014, 01:42:31 PM »
Damn, Billy, really? If that's the case what do you look like? A mongloid half-human half-monkey with "fuck" tattoo'd to its back?

Comparing me to Dave is wrong, Billy, and you know that.

LOL PJ getting all emotional here ((((((HUGS))))

What I meant was INJURIES....Dave has major injuries similar to what you have now as do I.

I never compared the gut of a gutless pig aka Palumbo to you I meant structure and injury wise. Its fact that you always looked great leading up to a show but it didn't come together on stage for whatever reason.....and now you have injuries that have cost you the future of competing

I feel those pains as well I have reattached my rear labrum....reconstructed my left elbow.....reconstructed my right hand.....and added 2 artificial vertebrate to my spine along with 4 new discs. I try my best to train these days but end up with numb hands and feet from perm nerve damage.

As for what I look with nobody is asking me to model so you got 1 up on me there but nobody is asking you to fix their computers or networks so I got you there  :P

I live my life 1 day at a time these days and honestly see myself in a wheelchair or disabled in the future do to the pains I fight with on a daily basis from past injuries.

As for what you have created to PJ yes you are doing well and living the dream not many can say that

Billy Guns

« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2014, 01:44:15 PM »
I would never hurt billy, or his property. I actually like him, that's why his comment confused me. I thought we were friends again.

PJ I think you learned along time ago people in general are shitty and you never truly have friends....but I hold nothing against you and think you are genuine as you can be without getting fucked over

pj braun

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Owner Prime Nutrition & Blackstone Labs
« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2014, 02:02:11 PM »

What I meant was INJURIES....Dave has major injuries similar to what you have now as do I.

I never compared the gut of a gutless pig aka Palumbo to you I meant structure and injury wise. Its fact that you always looked great leading up to a show but it didn't come together on stage for whatever reason.....and now you have injuries that have cost you the future of competing

I feel those pains as well I have reattached my rear labrum....reconstructed my left elbow.....reconstructed my right hand.....and added 2 artificial vertebrate to my spine along with 4 new discs. I try my best to train these days but end up with numb hands and feet from perm nerve damage.

As for what I look with nobody is asking me to model so you got 1 up on me there but nobody is asking you to fix their computers or networks so I got you there  :P

I live my life 1 day at a time these days and honestly see myself in a wheelchair or disabled in the future do to the pains I fight with on a daily basis from past injuries.

As for what you have created to PJ yes you are doing well and living the dream not many can say that

Damn, now I feel like an asshole. Sorry for the misunderstanding!

Billy Guns

« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2014, 08:05:15 PM »
Damn, now I feel like an asshole. Sorry for the misunderstanding!

Awwwww Bring it in for a (((((hug)))))) PJ is a big softy afterall

I may just buy more angeldust now at retail price lol

Pj should really think about helping Vince Goodrum in the Posedown part 2  :o

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2014, 03:06:16 AM »

Haha.

At least PJ has a great build to show for his injury/injuries.

You have a great tattoo and attitude nonetheless.

Billy Guns

« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2014, 09:51:10 AM »
Haha.

At least PJ has a great build to show for his injury/injuries.

You have a great tattoo and attitude nonetheless.

I am the MAN in my own MIND and HOME that's what counts to me the rest of you can say ASSHOLE but I say I AM THE MAN I don't care who listens