Author Topic: Extra 50K - What do you guys think?  (Read 67497 times)

slayer

• Getbig IV
Re: Extra 50K - What do you guys think?
« Reply #150 on: May 03, 2006, 12:07:41 AM »
Lee your the best  ;D
I met you in tasmania when you was down here and you was open and honoust. Thats what inspired me to getting more serious about bodybuilding and if the was more pro's like Lee bodybuilding would be in a much better state.
Also bob i'm only 16 i've been to 3 bodybuilding shows have about 60 magazines, Most of the money I get is spent on supplements, brought 2 dvd's and I visit all the sites and forums so don't say 99% of the people on here arn't real fans. Sure there are a couple of dickheads that come on and hate on people but thats it.
THE FANS MATTER
dont waste your money on mags dude if you have little to waste.  get the arnold encyclopedia it has everything you need to know!

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #151 on: May 03, 2006, 12:55:58 AM »
I have little concern for the actual issue but I do find it hilarious how much fuel you have given to 240 with this issue Bob.  He is going to go on about this for ages.  And realistically he could affect a small reduction in sales. 

Bigtime foot in the mouth

Lee:

And don't these [people go to the shows. Ron if it wasn't for the people on here good or bad. You wouldn't have a board so shut the hell up and stop complaining.And you say they don't need to know everything then why is it when you talk to Adela all the time ONE OF THE FIRST QUESTIONS IS ABOUT OUR RELATIONSHIP WHY IS THAT BUISNESS OF YOURS THEN.WHY DO YOU NEED TO KNOW THAT.Ron you love all the bullshit that goes on here.So stop your crying.

Everybody here respects you Lee and as a result probably won't say anything.. but I'll do you a favour and tell you like it is

That was a stupid post. 

And there are plenty of people thinking that I assure you. :)

max1978

• Getbig I
« Reply #152 on: May 03, 2006, 01:10:52 AM »
I'm italian so excuse me for my bad english

I think lee's idea is great.obviously only as an entertaiment round,because people don't are experienced as judges,sometimes they prefer athletes that have not the same quality,simmetry( and so on..) as other ones...but fan's opinion is the other side of the coin and should be considered! so yes judges opinio plus fan's round to split money in a better way....why the preferred bbers shouldn't get payd?

probably-I think-most pros don't want this kind of "fan judgement"because they know that fan's round,fan's opinion could push they bb industry to change a lot of things...for example this round could let to a completely different placement of athletes and what could happen if a bb usually helped by...and placed in the first positions in the oly was judged by fans in 9th,15th position?industry will understand that people prefer other bb and probably will push for other athletes and probably some strange positions in the best competions will change....a lot of bbers have spoken about judges.....now why don't change something? using fan opinio as a kind of insurance policy on right judgement of judges?

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #153 on: May 03, 2006, 01:18:03 AM »

probably-I think-most pros don't want this kind of "fan judgement"because they know that fan's round,fan's opinion could push they bb industry to change a lot of things...for example this round could let to a completely different placement of athletes and what could happen if a bb usually helped by...and placed in the first positions in the oly was judged by fans in 9th,15th position?industry will understand that people prefer other bb and probably will push for other athletes and probably some strange positions in the best competions will change....a lot of bbers have spoken about judges.....now why don't change something? using fan opinio as a kind of insurance policy on right judgement of judges?

The only way to really get a fair judging is to have different judges at every show.  Otherwise you will have the same winners every time..  Just thinkin' out loud here..

max1978

• Getbig I
« Reply #154 on: May 03, 2006, 02:06:21 AM »
this is real.....and the other reason for fan judgement is the fact trhat bb is not a "pure performance" sport like fotball or basket...in which tha ball should be in or out or like sprint in which there is a crono....is a aestetich sport and sometimes a fan judgment to give the right track to develop phisique could be good...for example less stomach enlargment(I'm not referring only to ronnie that has a great phisique)....

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #155 on: May 03, 2006, 02:42:00 AM »
By the 'peanut gallery' Bob clearly means the losers who only EVER post negative things on here. And calling them peanuts is to generous. Retarded, slack jawed, inbred c unts is more like it.
All Bob wants to do is create a situation where pro bbs are making more money. Is that really such a bad thing? Its not a problem for someone like Jay whos sponsored by proscar and is raking in the cash, or Lee with his racing. But most pros make f uck all.
The poker analogy is spot on. If it can work for those guys it can work for bb. Millions of people work out in America, and they would watch bb if it was marketed properly - if only for the 'freak show' element.
Remember that pumping iron was a massive sucess.
The steroid comment was ridiculous because yes, everyone knows bbs use steroids - but everyone knows MOST athletes use performance enhancing drugs - and they still watch football, baseball etc.

sandstone

• Getbig II
« Reply #156 on: May 03, 2006, 03:05:51 AM »
I nominate this as most interesting thread of the year. And im not being a jackass, its very informative. :)

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: EXTRA $50K WHAT DO YOU FANS THINK.
« Reply #157 on: May 03, 2006, 03:33:14 AM »
Chick
The Pros
Getbig IV

sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft

Re: Extra $50K round in the Olympia- vote
« Reply #43 on: Today at 05:35:48 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BTW...Thanks Lee for putting this out there on the regular board. If I wanted it on the gossip/ opinions board, I wouldve done it myself.

Maybe you missed the memo...the items on THIS board is for people who have access to it ONLY. I posted it here to get PRO'S and EXPERT'S opinions, not hear from the peanut gallery...

FROM  BOB TO ME.

BOB WHAT YOU FORGET IT IS THE PEANUT GALLERY YOU SO CALL IT. THESE  ARE FANS OF THE SPORT NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAYON HERE SO WHY NOT LET THEM READ IT.SCREW THE VIP BOARD ALOAD OF CRAP  BOARD MORE LIKE IT.

Lee always cares for the fans!

Good job Lee, you a stand-up fella!
Q

xavmaster

• Getbig II
Re: EXTRA $50K WHAT DO YOU FANS THINK.
« Reply #158 on: May 03, 2006, 03:38:17 AM »
Lee always cares for the fans!

Good job Lee, you a stand-up fella!

agreed

max1978

• Getbig I
« Reply #159 on: May 03, 2006, 03:56:25 AM »
I agree...and it's expressive that a lot of pros(and they are very numerous here) don't post on this topic....well done lee ;)

do you think you will come in italy one day?

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: May 03, 2006, 05:59:37 AM »
Either way, there is a problem. 

If Bob Chick has access to sales info, there is a HUGE lack of security there.
If Bob Chick does not, they need to re-evaluate who they are paying to represent them, as he is obviously hurting sales.

Bob Chick having access to the sales records is not a big deal in reality. Numerous people working for BB.com and for any company have access to these records.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #161 on: May 03, 2006, 06:31:17 AM »
If you ask me, Lee Priest is the one who comes off like a dick here. Bob post something on the VIP board, which was meant for those with access only(how many pm's has 240 shot Ron begging for access.......100,200?). Lee puts it on the main board. Dick move.Then he posts Bob's pissed off response, which was 100% justified. Even bigger dick move. As far as the peanut gallery remark.....you guys are a bunch of bitches if that upset you.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: May 03, 2006, 06:33:53 AM »
If you ask me, Lee Priest is the one who comes off like a dick here. Bob post something on the VIP board, which was meant for those with access only(how many pm's has 240 shot Ron begging for access.......100,200?). Lee puts it on the main board. Dick move.Then he posts Bob's pissed off response, which was 100% justified. Even bigger dick move. As far as the peanut gallery remark.....you guys are a bunch of bitches if that upset you.

Hahahaha, Groink laid down the law ;D

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #163 on: May 03, 2006, 06:50:36 AM »
It's not the remark itself, but the fact that it is reflective of Bob's overall attitude of lack of respect for the fans. This attitude shows through in most of his posts. "Bob knows best; if you don't have a pro card, you don't know shit". If you ask me, he's spent way too much time hanging with his buddy Tom Prince. TP's attitude has rubbed off on him.

I'm sure if you walked up to Bob at an expo or a show he would be courteous and professional. The shitbirds who constantly ride him here don't deserve respect. The constant fvcking nit-picking of every word that he (or any pro) posts is pathetic.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: May 03, 2006, 06:52:22 AM »
I'm sure if you walked up to Bob at an expo or a show he would be courteous and professional. The shitbirds who constantly ride him here don't deserve respect. The constant fvcking nit-picking of every word that he (or any pro) posts is pathetic.

Thanks you Groink, truth is flowing off your fingers like water down the back of a penguin!

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #165 on: May 03, 2006, 08:07:50 AM »
hahahahah, Chick o wned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL....

Sorry bob, but...you just got....

OWNED!

Maybe it's just me but why would one of the least impressive pros be the athlete rep? I'm assuming it is because no one else wanted to do it or because they wanted someone who wasnt' actually going to change anything.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: May 03, 2006, 08:19:33 AM »
LOL....

Sorry bob, but...you just got....

OWNED!

Maybe it's just me but why would one of the least impressive pros be the athlete rep? I'm assuming it is because no one else wanted to do it or because they wanted someone who wasnt' actually going to change anything.

Bob has a great physique and is far from being one of the least impressive pros. If you actually looked at pictures of all the contests during a given year, you would realize that ::)

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #167 on: May 03, 2006, 08:21:14 AM »
EXPERTS !     that sounds almost porographic in that context   LOL

WHATEVER...

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #168 on: May 03, 2006, 09:22:42 AM »
I never post, but after reading such shite I felt compelled to do so. First off, the $50k should be distributed to the athletes down the line. No ifs, ands, or buts. THEY are the ones that deserve some reward for their hard work and dedication to the sport. The "gimmick" rounds are ridiculous and circus-like.

Secondly, Bob, with all due respect you sound more like a rep for the IFBB and AMI than for the athletes. Your focus should be in the best interests of the athletes, not the success of the IFBB and AMI, that is their problem. Without the athletes you have no IFBB or AMI. Perhaps this is where the PDI will do better.

Thirdly, AMI and the IFBB must realize they are the ones that have driven Pro BB into the ground, too many reasons to list. The athletes are doing their best, competing, engaging the fans, they are doing their part. When will the IFBB put the ones that make them the money, ie the athletes, first? This again brings up the PDI and their philosophy. Instead of the IFBB taking a confrontational approach to the PDI, they should embrace the new division to further the success and develpment of Pro BB overall.

If the IFBB really wants to make a change to better the sport, then the IFBB needs a serious shake-up. Bring in new judges, adhere to the rules of judging, stop the nonsense, the political crap, the egos, the cheating, on and on and on.....And listen to the fans.

In short the IFBB is one fu#ked-up organization. I welcome the PDI and hope it brings greater success to the sport of BB.

In conclusion, getting back on topic, JUST GIVE THE MONEY TO THE ONES THAT DESERVE IT! And we all know who they are.

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #169 on: May 03, 2006, 09:39:03 AM »

Thanks Slayer for why it is there. First of all - you are an idiot. Pure and simple. A statement like that that is so pathetic, I would delete it, but I have to show it because now you understand why. That was my idea - that board. NO ONE tells me what to do. Period. And at least, here with a constructive question, they don't have to deal with the crap that you hijack a thread. If you answered the questions and were focused, it would of been great. But not you understand why. Thanks for you troll of an answer, and a fucked up stupid one at that.

Hey Ron,

is this why you sold your soul?

bb.com sponsorship = private board for Chick and 15 shmoes

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #170 on: May 03, 2006, 09:51:04 AM »
It's "peak" as you put it...is the same 5,000 fans that have attended every year...no new business, and no "real" money when compared to other sports...let alone their "superbowl" of the season.

All the athletes want to bitch about the prize money, but few are willing to support anything but a nuts and bolts competition...which will NEVER attract anymore fans than it has in the 40 year history of the Olympia.

You have to be careful straying away from what brings those 5,000 fans to the Olympia.  Adding a popularity round, challenge round, and WWE style entertainment actually alienates many of the fans who attend every year and like a "nuts and bolts" style competition.   

I proposed changing the "press conference" over 4 years ago...it was the most boring waste of time for everyone, and wasn't well attended. It only became interesting when the athletes started airing their dirty laundry, and arguments became public fodder...

The press conference was not the time or place for the IFBB athletes sitting in the audience to take the mic and start complaining about their situation.  It was suppose to be about the athletes actually competing in the show and a chance for the fans and press to ask them questions.  I would like to see a return to this format and have Jim Manion lead the press conference.  Many fans (and competing athletes) are turned off by the current WWE style interviews at the press conference. 

PPV and TV revenue is where the real money is...where do you think the BIG money comes from? Selling commercials is BIG $$$$$! Because we have (to this date) nothing of interest to sell...we have no market to sell it to, and thus no money coming in other than sponsor dollars...nice, but pails in comparison to even the most mundane of events that have TV time.

We start featuring the athletes, their personalities, the rivalries, the confrontations, etc...and make people take an interest be it they love you or hate your guts...they show an INTEREST.

I agree that there needs to be TV revenue in pro bodybuilding.  But, I don't think it's going to happen by featuring athlete's personalities or rivalries.  Let the show create it's own drama, you can't force it.  Have the Olympia organizers tried working with FitTV?  That would seem like a logical place to start.  A live broadcast of the Olympia on a cable TV fitness channel, free of charge to the public, and a way to start attracting more fans.   

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #171 on: May 03, 2006, 09:51:59 AM »
I wonder if this will effect lee's placing in the IFBB..

Not as much as being a dumb racist will "affect" (not "effect") yours ::)
w

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #172 on: May 03, 2006, 09:53:13 AM »
is this why you sold your soul?
bb.com sponsorship = private board for Chick and 15 shmoes

Private board for Chick??? Now that is really, really funny. It is a board for the people who have earned Blue Stars, not for Chick!

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #173 on: May 03, 2006, 10:00:21 AM »

The only way to really get a fair judging is to have different judges at every show.  Otherwise you will have the same winners every time..  Just thinkin' out loud here..

For your sake, I hope there aren't any "Mexican" judges ::)
w

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #174 on: May 03, 2006, 10:01:24 AM »
You have to be careful straying away from what brings those 5,000 fans to the Olympia.  Adding a popularity round, challenge round, and WWE style entertainment actually alienates many of the fans who attend every year and like a "nuts and bolts" style competition.

A.We have to be careful, or what? The hardcore fans will show no matter what. The prize money will stay the same unless change is initiated.   
[
/font]

The press conference was not the time or place for the IFBB athletes sitting in the audience to take the mic and start complaining about their situation.  It was suppose to be about the athletes actually competing in the show and a chance for the fans and press to ask them questions.  I would like to see a return to this format and have Jim Manion lead the press conference.  Many fans (and competing athletes) are turned off by the current WWE style interviews at the press conference.

A. Really? Then why did we sell the room out the last 2 years? Yeah, the fans asking "how many chicken breasts do you eat.." and "What do you bench..." style questions had everone on the edge of their seats...

I agree that there needs to be TV revenue in pro bodybuilding.  But, I don't think it's going to happen by featuring athlete's personalities or rivalries.  Let the show create it's own drama, you can't force it.  Have the Olympia organizers tried working with FitTV?  That would seem like a logical place to start.  A live broadcast of the Olympia on a cable TV fitness channel, free of charge to the public, and a way to start attracting more fans.   

Yeah, why would it work? It's only worked for EVERY OTHER sporting event on the planet. Poker, UFC, WWE, ice skating, etc....speaking of which...did you know the Nancy Kerrigan/ Tonya Harding match up drew a record number of viewers (over 10X the reg. numbers) due to the attack and subsequent storyline?