Author Topic: NPC Nationals: Centopani is looking like shit.  (Read 6705 times)

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
Re: NPC Nationals: Centopani is looking like shit.
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2007, 10:17:05 PM »
Dave also believes in using fat as fuel. You do look a bit flatter on higher fat and low carbs but personally i feel much better than when i ate carbs all day. I just found i had to eat oatmeal in the morning (for fibre), and a piece of toast, as well as carb load with powder after training. Fats the rest of the day. BTW this is with training for a high intensity cardio sport as well where all the rules state you burn carbs for fuel. I feel like rubbish on carbs.

MisterGX

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2007, 11:00:20 PM »
I've worked with Dave a number of times over the years getting ready for shows.  The best was a top 5 placing in the USA several years back.  The main criticism of this type of diet is that once you're used to the ketosis feeling, you tend to get tired.  And the last thing you need is to start falling asleep behind the wheel during rush hour.  For me, the diet had no carbs, protein, & fats.  Here was the breakdown (and this is similar to what he had Tony Freeman & Desmond Miller doing)..

Meal #1:  Six Egg Whites scrambled with Three Whole Eggs
Meal #2:  Very Low/NoCarb Protein Shake w/2 tablespoons of Almond/Cashew Butter.
Meal #3:  6-8oz of Chicken/Turkey Breast with 1/4 cup of almonds/cashews.
Meal #4:  Same as #3
Meal #5:  Same as #2
Meal #6:  8-10oz. Steak w/large salad (mixed w/balsamic vinegar & macadamia oil)

One meal out of the week is a cheat meal.  Like someone said above, when it got closer to the show, the fats were pulled out and the steak was changed to fish/turkey steak.  Since my metabolism was somewhat insulin sensitive, I didn't carb up--I basically fat loaded..

arce377

• Getbig IV
  • ARCE DO SAN MARTIALARTS SCHOOL
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2007, 11:03:44 PM »
?
ARCE
DOSAN DOJO

On_Swole

• Expert
  • Getbig III
Re: Centopani looking like shit.
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2007, 11:03:51 PM »
Some days yes, some days no, I'm on low carbs right now (very low) but I'm training much harder than that and I'm 2 1/2 weeks out, not hard, but harder than that, that was supposedly shot on Sept.11, 3 months before the Nationals, there's no excuse for that kind of training eing that far out.

Re-watch the video, it was this past Sunday, Nov. 11.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2007, 11:14:46 PM »

the diet works, there is no doubt about that in my mind.

the best gains in fat loss seem to come if you dont re-load carbs every 4-5 days but just stay in keto for as long as you can maintain it.

the only bad part about it is if you have never tried it before and then go into your show with a simple carb up it may not be enough to fill you out.

i found it took 2 days post contest to fill out completely and a day or two after that to start to retain water. and that was after the 3 day 60 gram per meal carb up and then constant grazing after the show.

usually i fill out very well over nite using a typical carb rotation prep the nite of the show if i hadnt filled out properly the day of.

the only downside i found was your so glycogen stripped you really have to know your body to know how many carbs you'll need to fill you out.
b

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2007, 12:38:03 AM »
Why the hell does he have you drop the fats closer to the show?  You should be ramping up the fats and cutting back on your proteins closer to the show.  These new gurus are the main reason why so many guys blow their diets two weeks out after a hard disciplined long prep.  Fire all these assholes and stick to the prep that worked for everyone from Arnold to Gaspari.  Do the homework yourself unless you like hanging out with drug dealers.

qiniz

• Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2007, 12:57:04 AM »
Some days yes, some days no, I'm on low carbs right now (very low) but I'm training much harder than that and I'm 2 1/2 weeks out, not hard, but harder than that, that was supposedly shot on Sept.11, 3 months before the Nationals, there's no excuse for that kind of training eing that far out.

how is your strength coach? just wondering what numbers you put up.

serious question

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2007, 01:28:05 AM »
after watching those vids I want to stop training hard and start doing steroids. :-\ Apparently that's about all it takes.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2007, 01:32:25 AM »
after watching those vids I want to stop training hard and start doing steroids. :-\ Apparently that's about all it takes.

Don't be so naive.  You have to take a shitload of steroids!

MisterGX

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2007, 05:09:26 AM »
Why the hell does he have you drop the fats closer to the show?  You should be ramping up the fats and cutting back on your proteins closer to the show.  These new gurus are the main reason why so many guys blow their diets two weeks out after a hard disciplined long prep.  Fire all these assholes and stick to the prep that worked for everyone from Arnold to Gaspari.  Do the homework yourself unless you like hanging out with drug dealers.

He has you drop the fats if your holding in weight/conditioning/basically behind schedule.  It all depends on your physique type.  What worked for Gaspari doesn't work for everyone.  And Arnold wasn't even ripped by today's standards, so don't even go there.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2007, 05:19:50 AM »
thanks for the link, very educational.  i think we've seen enough of mr extreme conditioning

The Coach

« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2007, 06:00:59 AM »
Re-watch the video, it was this past Sunday, Nov. 11.

I only got as far as part 2 where it said Sept.11 2007

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2007, 08:48:20 AM »

Meal #1:  Six Egg Whites scrambled with Three Whole Eggs
Meal #2:  Very Low/NoCarb Protein Shake w/2 tablespoons of Almond/Cashew Butter.
Meal #3:  6-8oz of Chicken/Turkey Breast with 1/4 cup of almonds/cashews.
Meal #4:  Same as #3
Meal #5:  Same as #2
Meal #6:  8-10oz. Steak w/large salad (mixed w/balsamic vinegar & macadamia oil)

I did a diet that looked exactly like this for TWO MONTHS!! While preparing for the teen nat's...damn that was hard  :o

I was a personal trainer at the time, I did a horrible job cause I had no energy to do anything...I would go to the locker room throughout the day and just sit on a bench for ten minutes or so... :'(

Oh, then I started smelling like rotten fish...it was coming out of my pores, and everyone kept asking me, "did you just eat fish?"  ;D
just not good enough

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2007, 08:52:11 AM »
the no carb diet is shit, like i argued on muscular development, but the people there dont listen...they believe every word palbombo says. why would you eliminate all carbs from a diet? thats moronic

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2007, 08:54:18 AM »
the no carb diet is shit, like i argued on muscular development, but the people there dont listen...they believe every word palbombo says. why would you eliminate all carbs from a diet? thats moronic
DEPENDS ON THE INDIVIDUAL.AND ANABOLICS PLAY A ROLE,a natural could not get away with it.

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2007, 08:56:28 AM »
DEPENDS ON THE INDIVIDUAL.AND ANABOLICS PLAY A ROLE,a natural could not get away with it.

very true!!  ;)
just not good enough

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2007, 08:56:39 AM »
Good post.  I've known people to get ripped on his diet and I guess I've heard of others who it didn't do shit for. 

it will work for everyone...because your in neg caloric state...so of course you will loose weight/fat...but you will feel like shit, and in many cases loose more muscle than if you had some carbs.

another case of bodybuilding extremist thinking.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2007, 08:59:36 AM »

anabolics always plays a role as it helps you keep muscle during a diet..... but thats not what i meant.

i wouldnt recommend the no carb diet to anyone..even if your on drugs......its unecessary.

for more info read my old posts on md, if they didnt delete everything.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2007, 09:07:37 AM »
I watched the video.................ho w is Centopani "looking like shit" ?!?!??!
he looked great to me,big round full delts,big arms/calves

?????????

(if that's "shitty" id love to look that "shitty" )

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2007, 09:09:36 AM »
I watched the video.................ho w is Centopani "looking like shit" ?!?!??!
he looked great to me,big round full delts,big arms/calves

?????????

(if that's "shitty" id love to look that "shitty" )

You think Heiko Kalbach looks good, michael.

Your standards are pretty low.
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2007, 09:12:24 AM »
sometimes taking the low bridge is necessary to get to the other side.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2007, 09:16:21 AM »
You think Heiko Kalbach looks good, michael.

Your standards are pretty low.

LOL!.............(you got me there)

Heiko is a mess (big bloated distended gut)...........oil in the arms etc
but hes a "mass monster" hence i like that

This kid Centopani is nothing like that....he actually looks good!(these are the "young guns" /the future of the sport)
why all the hate?

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2007, 09:17:58 AM »
Centopani will be just fine!

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2007, 09:27:44 AM »
The picture quality is bad, can't really tell how lean he is.