Author Topic: NPC Nationals: Centopani is looking like shit.  (Read 6695 times)

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
Re: NPC Nationals: Centopani is looking like shit.
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2007, 09:31:32 AM »
This kid Centopani is nothing like that....he actually looks good!(these are the "young guns" /the future of the sport)
why all the hate?

I respect bodybuilders who earn something.  Evan is all hype right now.  Same with Ben White, another MD guy who can't stop talking about how great he is, but he's never even done a pro show.

These guys should win a pro card before they get covers and all the nut huggers.  And they should win a FEW pro shows before a mag will even print something like "I am the greatest".
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2007, 09:42:36 AM »
fair enough livewire
check out this video Evan posing 1 week out
brought up his legs

http://mdtv.musculardevelopment.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1256&Itemid=162

The Freakshow

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Jeremiah 29:11-13
Re: Centopani looking like shit.
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2007, 10:17:42 AM »
Works for me coatch. First video takes long to load. Try the second one..

I watched the second one.

The ignorance of some bodybuilders never ceases to amaze me! I've heard Palumbo talk about "pullovers" on several occasions now, and he or the bodybuilders he's interviewing never seem to know what they actually do, how to do them, or even why they do them.

If I hear "expand my ribcage" again I'm going to lose my mind. How the heck do you expand your ribcage? Do they actually think they are going to cause the rib bones to start growing and "expanding" as a grown man??? Maybe if the short bodybuilders hang from a pullup bar with a heavy weight attached to their waist they can "expand" their torso :D

Pullovers are one of the GREATEST single movements for Lats (if you do them properly and know what you are actually doing and definitely NOT with a DUMBBELL). A standing straight arm cable pullover or good pullover machine will perform excellent shoulder extension and scapular depression (two main functions of the Lats).

You'd think that a bodybuilder would actually try to learn what the muscles do!

There's my unsolicited two cents :)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2007, 10:53:07 AM »
Good Post AJ but 30g x 6 ain't nowhere near carb loading....

been there.. try 500g last 3 days...
Keep in mind that on this type of diet, you've been depleted of carbs for 3-4 months, and because of that you don't need a massive carb load...your body is going to be in a very sensitive state when it comes to carbs, and almost any amount will blow you up...and too much, when you've become th9is sensitive to carbs, as you will be on this diet, too much carbs in the carb load is just going to make you spill over and then you look terrible.

In your honest opinion, do you think Dave's Diet is beneficial to Bodybuilders ? Do you think it works, basically ?
Yep...one of the best diets out there. Not for everyone, simply because everyone is a little differant, but for the most part, most would be successful using this type of diet. The problem is either they are so brainwashed that they won't try it, or when they do, they end up changing it in some way that is not part of the plan, then they blame the diet for  the lack of success.

the no carb diet is shit, like i argued on muscular development, but the people there dont listen...they believe every word palbombo says. why would you eliminate all carbs from a diet? thats moronic

Actually it makes perfect sense. Why do you need a bunch of carbs while dieting? Carbs do not build muscle, they don't preserve muscle...they are simply an energy source...hey, guess what, so is fat...and wouldn't you rather tap in exclusively to your own bodyfat for an energy source then anything else?

it will work for everyone...because your in neg caloric state...so of course you will loose weight/fat...but you will feel like shit, and in many cases loose more muscle than if you had some carbs.

another case of bodybuilding extremist thinking.
Bullshit.

If you feel like crap on this diet then you are not following it correctly...there is no way you should feel bad except for the first 3-4 days as your body adjust. You have a constant and steady supply of energy due to Ketone's...no blood sugar problems, no ups and downs...no you're not wired with energy but you are stable and consistent. If some one is losing muscle on this diet and following it exactly, then $100 says they're doing butt loads of high intensity cardio...you cannot do that sort of thing.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2007, 11:17:25 AM »
i think he is ready. he will tighten up alot when he gets rid of water. he should look great. who knows what everyone else will look like but i see him at the top again
irongearco.com

jetcity

• Getbig II
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2007, 11:20:25 AM »
after watching that video, i see this kid getting his pro card

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2007, 11:30:06 AM »

Pullovers are one of the GREATEST single movements for Lats (if you do them properly and know what you are actually doing and definitely NOT with a DUMBBELL). A standing straight arm cable pullover or good pullover machine will perform excellent shoulder extension and scapular depression (two main functions of the Lats).

You'd think that a bodybuilder would actually try to learn what the muscles do!

There's my unsolicited two cents :)
Do you feel pullovers hit the chest at all? I don't see how they would but many do it as a chest exercise.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2007, 11:34:28 AM »
If you feel like crap on this diet then you are not following it correctly...there is no way you should feel bad except for the first 3-4 days as your body adjust. You have a constant and steady supply of energy due to Ketone's...no blood sugar problems, no ups and downs...no you're not wired with energy but you are stable and consistent. If some one is losing muscle on this diet and following it exactly, then $100 says they're doing butt loads of high intensity cardio...you cannot do that sort of thing.
I've done ketogenic diets and it feels different even after the body adjusts. Almost like a mild "high", a clear-headed feeling. For me sleep duration is reduced, probably due to lower serotonin levels. That can be a bit of a problem if you can't sleep enough.

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2007, 11:57:05 AM »
Evan will when this show easily. Looks like shit?   ::) The guy is going to ripped to shreds when he drops the water.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2007, 11:58:24 AM »
Evan will when this show easily. Looks like shit?   ::) The guy is going to ripped to shreds when he drops the water.

finally............someo ne who makes sense!!

The Freakshow

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2007, 12:09:10 PM »
Do you feel pullovers hit the chest at all? I don't see how they would but many do it as a chest exercise.

No, I don't believe dumbbell pullovers do. You can feel your chest when you do them, but that's mainly due to an isometric contraction (squeezing your chest). For example, I can squeeze my chest while I'm lifting my pencil and feel it, but that doesnt mean that it's working my chest (in a bodybuilding sense anyway). You can also feel it stretch your chest at it's insertion, which is actually pretty dangerous for your chest and shoulder joint.

When I was a teen I used to do real heavy dumbbell pullovers all the time, because that's what Arnold said we should do, right? ;)

The Freakshow

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2007, 12:10:47 PM »

BTW, the main function of the chest is adduction of the humerous bone within the horizontal plane of motion. A DB Pullover has nothing to do with that.

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2007, 12:15:38 PM »
I have had phenominal results on palumbo diet. Less cravings, mentally clear......however, i call bullshit on no stimulants. My workouts would have blew asshole if it wasnt for ephedrine. Great diet, makes total sense, just dont beleive for a second these guys arent taking stims
-

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2007, 12:16:56 PM »
When I was a teen I used to do real heavy dumbbell pullovers all the time, because that's what Arnold said we should do, right? ;)
so true ;)
-

The Freakshow

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2007, 12:17:01 PM »
fair enough livewire
check out this video Evan posing 1 week out
brought up his legs

http://mdtv.musculardevelopment.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1256&Itemid=162

He looks good, but seems to be too smooth for one week out.

Hard to really tell how tight he is in this video.

His back looked real good in video #2 (the only one i watched other than this posing link).

Remo Williams

• Getbig II
  • The Eleventh Commandment
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2007, 12:33:18 PM »

Dorian preferred machine pullovers. He believed that dumbell pullovers were too indirect on the lats and they taxed other muscle groups, and that they didnt provide even tension on the muscle throughout the range of motion.

Remo Williams

• Getbig II
  • The Eleventh Commandment
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2007, 12:40:25 PM »
Not the best form on the pulldowns either

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2007, 01:05:05 PM »
Not the best form on the pulldowns either
I dont know what you guys are talking about. Evan trains in the same gym as me and he looks awesome!

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2007, 01:10:28 PM »

Pullovers are one of the GREATEST single movements for Lats (if you do them properly and know what you are actually doing and definitely NOT with a DUMBBELL).
Agreed.  DB pullovers on a bench are (by me, at least) felt more in the chest.  I never felt a thing in my lats, but they always lit my chest up.
Cable and machine are far superior.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2007, 01:11:45 PM »
Now THAT'S INTENSITY  8)

holy fuccking shit, please tell me you did something to that picture. :o

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2007, 01:21:25 PM »
holy fuccking shit, please tell me you did something to that picture. :o
He did do something to it...  He POSTED it so we'd all feel like fat-asses!

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2007, 01:53:35 PM »
Damn Alex is lookin down-right scarey I hope he makes it through the show ok health-wise. NOBODY but nobody gets THAT SHREDDED!!!!!!

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2007, 02:11:21 PM »
I've done ketogenic diets and it feels different even after the body adjusts. Almost like a mild "high", a clear-headed feeling. For me sleep duration is reduced, probably due to lower serotonin levels. That can be a bit of a problem if you can't sleep enough.
Yes, I agree, a very clear headed feeling on this diet...how can this be a bad thing?

On the sleep thing, I've noticed that I don't require as much sleep on this diet, at least in terms of continuous sleep. It can be difficult to sleep more then 6hrs straight. However it does seem at least for me that I need a good 30-60min nap every day when dieting like this...obviously some days you can't get this, but when you can it helps.

It also seems that the sleep you do get is a better quality of sleep...a much deeper sleep the normal, IMO.

Bottome line, a good keto diet, one that is based on healthy fats, not the Atkins method, is the most efficient diet for losing fat, not weight but fat...and if doing it right, losing muscle mass is minimal.

I've dieted many differant ways, the low fat methods, carb cycling and even some weird crap that I don't know even how to label, but the Dave style keto diet is where it's at.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2007, 12:31:40 AM »
He has you drop the fats if your holding in weight/conditioning/basically behind schedule.  It all depends on your physique type.  What worked for Gaspari doesn't work for everyone.  And Arnold wasn't even ripped by today's standards, so don't even go there.

If you're behind schedule you drop your protein and up your fats.  I don't think  you understand ketosis my friend.

Alex A

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Alex Azarian
« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2007, 10:04:43 AM »
Damn Alex is lookin down-right scarey I hope he makes it through the show ok health-wise. NOBODY but nobody gets THAT SHREDDED!!!!!!

Maybe my 350 grams of carbs every day at a bodyweight of 157lbs has somthing to do with me getting some gnarly ass pumps so all my vascularity shows.  I dont know how anyone can survive on much less than that. I eat that much and im still wanting more!  Diet should not be that tricky.  My health is holding up pretty good. Based on the following:  im sleeping good, Im eating good, Im not too miserable, my training sessions have been great(using the same poundage as mid prep and slightly more weight than off season)...

Things that make me go hmmm I better start getting my bodyfat up soon: cutting myself shaving constantly, ie face is lean as hell, people think im a kid, so obsessed with training and this show that great looking women dont even catch my attention, licking the plate clean after each meal!
www.prepbyalex.com
national contender