Author Topic: Audio spying devices  (Read 3630 times)

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
Audio spying devices
« on: November 13, 2017, 03:20:37 PM »
Met someone today that actively listens in to his supervisor's meetings with what he calls spying audio devices. He also mentioned that doing so has given him ample warning of impending rounds of layoffs and an opportunity to move on without having to get laid off.

Needless to say, I am sold. Bonus season is coming and I really do not trust my manager. I highly suspect he is short changing me.

Any advice?

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Re: Audio spying devices
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 03:32:35 PM »
Getting laid off is great, you get unemployment checks for sitting at home posting on getbig.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 03:35:37 PM »
Yeah, don’t do it. Criminal act to record other people’s conversations. Here in Texas you call record phone calls as long as one person is aware. But anyway, google audio bug. Many website’s sell them.
A

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 06:54:23 PM »
Getting laid off is great, you get unemployment checks for sitting at home posting on getbig.

I'm thinking about something inconspicuous, like a small pen placed on top of a protruding wall ornament only I'm tall enough to reach.

I go into that room ALL the time, so my presence there during the day would attract zero attention.

Come d-day, I go in there faking a meeting, place the pen on the ornament, walk out and let it rip for about 10 hours.

At the end of the day I walk in faking some sort of conference call, retrieve the pen and walk out.

No one would notice a thing.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 09:27:02 PM »
If they are going to fire you, learning in advance won't change their minds.

If they are going to fire someone else, then it's not your business.

Demosthenes

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 09:46:58 PM »
Met someone today that actively listens in to his supervisor's meetings with what he calls spying audio devices. He also mentioned that doing so has given him ample warning of impending rounds of layoffs and an opportunity to move on without having to get laid off.

Needless to say, I am sold. Bonus season is coming and I really do not trust my manager. I highly suspect he is short changing me.

Any advice?
Federal Offense, shit for brains. From the sounds of you, you're a zero impact player. Fired, laid off, quit....does it matter?

Simple Simon

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 09:52:45 PM »
Federal Offense, shit for brains. From the sounds of you, you're a zero impact player. Fired, laid off, quit....does it matter?

Its not an offence to record someone, it becomes an offence when you play the recording to a third party.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 09:55:20 PM »
Its not an offence to record someone, it becomes an offence when you play the recording to a third party.

This is true...

Demosthenes

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2017, 10:00:33 PM »
Wrong asshole. He's talking about bugging private meetings:

18 U.S. Code § 2511

sync pulse

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 10:08:17 PM »

18 U.S. Code § 2511

This is true as well...the guy who made the recording when he listens to it becomes the third party...

Simple Simon

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2017, 10:09:45 PM »

18 U.S. Code § 2511

In the land of the free (UK) its not illegal at all to record someone without their permission.

Good old USA, the greatest country in the world.

Simple Simon

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2017, 10:10:37 PM »
This is true as well...the guy who made the recording when he listens to it becomes the third party...
If hes in the room when its recorded he doesnt.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2017, 10:14:34 PM »

Well, the whole point is to become knowledgeable about business meetings that the...investigator has no open access to.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2017, 10:58:52 PM »
In the land of the free (UK) its not illegal at all to record someone without their permission.

You could catch them admitting that they haven't paid their television licence.

Demosthenes

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2017, 04:22:37 AM »
STFU. You have no clue what you are even talking about.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2017, 06:28:07 AM »
But... if no one knows of the existence of the listening device, and I retrieve it without anyone noticing it and listen to it once I get home, where is the crime?

Furthermore, my floor is filled with hidden corridor cameras that everyone knows record our every move. I was never ever asked whether I'd want to work at a monitoring facility.

My keyboard strokes get recorded and monitored every day, yet, I never consented to anyone doing such a thing.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2017, 06:32:12 AM »

You have a government cctv cam on every street corner and only you criminals have guns. Wanker.
A

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2017, 06:35:48 AM »
Not to mention that the workplace is filled with (potential) listening devices: iPhones.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2017, 06:40:28 AM »
I've been selling audio recording equipment to parents and spouses for awhile. Very easy to hide. Made a lot of money doing it but now like most things the internet is taking me out of the picture. Nothing like hearing a the audio of a woman sex video chatting with her second man. Very hot!  Caught a husband having sex with another guy and the wife was in shock.  She thought he was seeing another woman.  If you read this far none of this is true. ...or is it?  

Demosthenes

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2017, 07:08:47 AM »
I've been selling audio recording equipment to parents and spouses for awhile. Very easy to hide. Made a lot of money doing it but now like most things the internet is taking me out of the picture. Nothing like hearing a the audio of a woman sex video chatting with her second man. Very hot!  Caught a husband having sex with another guy and the wife was in shock.  She thought he was seeing another woman.  If you read this far none of this is true. ...or is it?  
Fuck off bullshit artist.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2017, 07:37:51 AM »

Actually here in FL, it is illegal to record someone without their knowledge.  Doesn't matter whether you have a third party to listen or not.  The act of recording a conversation, even by standing there with an iphone voice memo app and not informing the other party(ies) that they are being recorded is a federal offense.

You read about it all the time in the newspapers where people lose their divorce cases because the evidence of the affair their spouse was having was a recorded conversation and it was thrown out since it was illegally obtained.

You can't legally record audio of other people without their knowledge, but you can hire a PI to follow them and take photos, videos, or install hidden cams in your house to catch them in the act and that is considered legal and admissible.   Weird, I know. 

sync pulse

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2017, 08:29:45 AM »

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2017, 08:47:03 AM »

Rimstinger

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2017, 08:52:50 AM »

Would you not be prosecuted for voyeurism and face up to 6mths in jail?

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2017, 08:53:13 AM »

Home of Getbig, so yes :)