Author Topic: Any chance Trump is the great unifier Obama was supposed to be?  (Read 401 times)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Immigration comments and anti PC rhetoric aside, he seems to me to be honestly a bit center/left. Will Dems jump across party lines because he is not extreme left?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Re: Any chance Trump is the great unifier Obama was supposed to be?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 06:20:14 PM »
I've seen old videos of Kennedy and Reagan.

And I remember Bill Clinton.

All of these guys were legendary in regards to handling the press but I've never seen anyone do it like Trump has.

He is on a completely different level.

Obviously he needs to brush up on his message but damn, he just seems to get better and better every week.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 09:57:00 PM »
Immigration comments and anti PC rhetoric aside, he seems to me to be honestly a bit center/left. Will Dems jump across party lines because he is not extreme left?

Yes.  they definitely will.  A few all-out liberals on my FB page have commented they like this or that about trump.  The only Q at this point - will the repub base 'figure out' that trump is pretty liberal, outside of the immigration thing?

And, do they even f**king care.  How many yell "conservative" but would choose a trump?  Either outright ignorance, or they aren't really conservatives...

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 02:05:40 PM »

I doubt it. To get moderate voters he would need to explain his politics how he will practically enforce them etc.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2015, 02:42:22 PM »
I doubt it. To get moderate voters he would need to explain his politics how he will practically enforce them etc.

Why?

Moderate voters are swing voters, that decide elections, at election time.  They're way less involved than tea partiers or big libs.  And the far-right has fallen in love with trump, despite his unwillingness to tell them what he'll do, or how he'll do it.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2015, 03:36:42 PM »
Why?

Moderate voters are swing voters, that decide elections, at election time.  They're way less involved than tea partiers or big libs.  And the far-right has fallen in love with trump, despite his unwillingness to tell them what he'll do, or how he'll do it.

Moderate voters is not racist trailer park trash, nor are they leftwing nuts that vote for anyone that promise a free meal.

You cant get away with just slogans, there is actually some bright people among them.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2015, 03:37:44 PM »
Trump seems to be more divisive than anyone else I've heard in quite some time.