Author Topic: If Trump deports 6 to 7% of the population - will a new "underground railroad"?  (Read 2347 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Will a new people smuggling/hiding operation emerge, if Trump wins and follows thru on kicking out all of the dream babies and illegal aliens? 

There will be 17-year old kids that don't speak a lick of Spanish, who have been living in Idaho or Oregon their entire lives... wont' many of these people just 'go underground' and hide?  will there be pockets of people, out of these 11 to 20 million people, hiding out?  What % of LEO resources will be devoted to them?  Do we pull people from other departments to hunt down these 17 year old criminals?

I think it's interesting to consider some of the outcomes and ramifications of Trump's policy to kick out 6 to 7% of the population (maybe higher)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
The children, if born here, are American citizens. If the parents want them to stay, they can stay or they can go and return anytime they choose.

Deportations have ramped up quite a bit under Obama. If they somehow, miraculously, ramped up even further, I would guess that the first blister would be an economic crisis.

falco

• Getbig V
Will Arnold lovechild be deported?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Will Arnold lovechild be deported?

HA! ;D

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
The children, if born here, are American citizens. If the parents want them to stay, they can stay or they can go and return anytime they choose.

Deportations have ramped up quite a bit under Obama. If they somehow, miraculously, ramped up even further, I would guess that the first blister would be an economic crisis.

if illegal parents are deported the children should have to go with them...this keeps families together.....if not then we would have to build massive orphanages

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
if illegal parents are deported the children should have to go with them...this keeps families together.....if not then we would have to build massive orphanages

what parents would leave their 2 year old here in america, and just head back.  It's gonna take massive law enforcement efforts to enforce this.  Probably the biggest story of our generation, exporting so many families.

personally, I think trump has no intention of following thru with it - he's just blowing hot air, throwing red meat to the base...

ritch

• Getbig V
There has to be people close to Trump who is an illegal and he can't play favorites with this one. Stuff like that, is impossible to keep secret,, it will make its way out and backfire against him.

?

Ron Jeremy

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
The 14th ammendment will not be repealed. More non issues to gin up the haters and keep attention away from real issues. Same with abortion, planned parenthood,
repealing the aca, birthers etc.......useless polotical issues.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini

That's not the law and it's not a compelling reason to change the law, either. If they are American citizens, they are entitled to stay.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
what parents would leave their 2 year old here in america, and just head back.  It's gonna take massive law enforcement efforts to enforce this.  Probably the biggest story of our generation, exporting so many families.

personally, I think trump has no intention of following thru with it - he's just blowing hot air, throwing red meat to the base...

All of the children aren't 2-years old. And it's not as if these aren't circumstances that haven't already been dealt with.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
That's not the law and it's not a compelling reason to change the law, either. If they are American citizens, they are entitled to stay.

NO...its not the law,,,but in real life actuality, WHO IS GOING TO TAKE CARE OF THESE CHILDREN?????????...you?

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
NO...its not the law,,,but in real life actuality, WHO IS GOING TO TAKE CARE OF THESE CHILDREN?????????...you?

Do you really believe that illegal immigration is taking away your jobs? Your money?
Honestly?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Do you really believe that illegal immigration is taking away your jobs? Your money?
Honestly?

No....they are doing jobs that other Americans don't want to do....BUT..its a question of maintaining control of who is coming here and keeping people from becoming American citizens so as to collect benefits....also its not fair to those who apply and wait..I think its a red herring since republicans have traditionally criticized illegal immigration but have turned a blind eye with a wink toward enforcing the immigration laws since their conservative business leaders BENEFIT from the cheap labor

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
No....they are doing jobs that other Americans don't want to do....BUT..its a question of maintaining control of who is coming here and keeping people from becoming American citizens so as to collect benefits....also its not fair to those who apply and wait..I think its a red herring since republicans have traditionally criticized illegal immigration but have turned a blind eye with a wink toward enforcing the immigration laws since their conservative business leaders BENEFIT from the cheap labor

We know that they do pay taxes... 6 million illegals pay Social Security and never get anything back... because they can't.

We know that they do honest work... Most are employed doing things that other people don't... as you said.

We know that they are a boost to local economies and not a drain... They have to buy groceries and other things.

So really, the problem is that our immigration system is so fucked that people have to wait YEARS to get citizenship.

Why?

When immigration was at its PEAK, you got off a boat, signed a paper, pledged to the US and you moved on... Why did that stop?

What happened?

These illegals are not the problem... The problem is the "legals" who want to change the way of life of the US in regards to how our laws and policies work... Sharia law and things of that nature.

Fix the process to become citizens and this conversation is over.

I find it interesting how a group of people (the right wing) who hate government or so they say, are unwilling to admit that government policies put us into this bind and the policy is what needs to change. The fact of the matter is that most of the time, government does shit wrong... putting them in charge of deportation of illegals even more will just be a bigger drain on us.

Make them citizens.

Look at them and say, here's the deal... anyone who is an illegal, you get 6 months to come by and we are going to make you a citizen.

After that, no more breaks... if you cross illegally, you get caught, you get sent back. If you had an opportunity to apply for easy citizenship and you didn't... sorry... you had your chance.

No breaks.

Maybe some will skate by, but most won't.

I'm not against a hard line stance, but the government put us in this position and to simply say, well, fuck you guys... you've been here too long is wrong.

The long term illegals are just as much a part of this country as anyone else.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
We know that they do pay taxes... 6 million illegals pay Social Security and never get anything back... because they can't.

We know that they do honest work... Most are employed doing things that other people don't... as you said.

We know that they are a boost to local economies and not a drain... They have to buy groceries and other things.

So really, the problem is that our immigration system is so fucked that people have to wait YEARS to get citizenship.

Why?

When immigration was at its PEAK, you got off a boat, signed a paper, pledged to the US and you moved on... Why did that stop?

What happened?

These illegals are not the problem... The problem is the "legals" who want to change the way of life of the US in regards to how our laws and policies work... Sharia law and things of that nature.

Fix the process to become citizens and this conversation is over.

I find it interesting how a group of people (the right wing) who hate government or so they say, are unwilling to admit that government policies put us into this bind and the policy is what needs to change. The fact of the matter is that most of the time, government does shit wrong... putting them in charge of deportation of illegals even more will just be a bigger drain on us.

Make them citizens.

Look at them and say, here's the deal... anyone who is an illegal, you get 6 months to come by and we are going to make you a citizen.

After that, no more breaks... if you cross illegally, you get caught, you get sent back. If you had an opportunity to apply for easy citizenship and you didn't... sorry... you had your chance.

No breaks.

Maybe some will skate by, but most won't.

I'm not against a hard line stance, but the government put us in this position and to simply say, well, fuck you guys... you've been here too long is wrong.

The long term illegals are just as much a part of this country as anyone else.

I like your analogy of how people used to just get off a boat, get a medical, and then  would just swear allegiance to the United states and VOILA!!!!...would be citizens....I LOLed at that because you are right!.......I think the difference then is that most people coming here then were WHITE

Now that is mostly non-whites, NOW all of a sudden things get complicated

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
I like your analogy of how people used to just get off a boat, get a medical, and then  would just swear allegiance to the United states and VOILA!!!!...would be citizens....I LOLed at that because you are right!.......I think the difference then is that most people coming here then were WHITE

Possibly... It shouldn't be that way.

You should be able to walk up to the border, say you want to become a citizen, and at least start the process.

The way we make people jump through hoops is a big part of the issue.

Had a conversation with a buddy of mine and he was on Trumps side with this, but after we talked, he too agrees that it's the way people have to spend YEARS on lists just to get to become legal citizens is really the true issue.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini

Wow, it's almost as if a new problem was created while trying to deal with another issue.  ::)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
To what end do we remove the hoops, Tu?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
I like your analogy of how people used to just get off a boat, get a medical, and then  would just swear allegiance to the United states and VOILA!!!!...would be citizens....I LOLed at that because you are right!.......I think the difference then is that most people coming here then were WHITE

Nothing to do with 'white' or anything like that.  Only in your mind.

The structure of this nation has been built, and we've arrived at a time that requires less people to comfortably progress forward while leading good lives.  That's why we've made our families smaller.

Turn off your TV, Andre. It's given you too many dumb ideas already and it may be too late for you.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
To what end do we remove the hoops, Tu?

I am not 100 percent sure to be honest, however I don't think it should take years for someone to become a citizen should they desire to.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Possibly... It shouldn't be that way.

You should be able to walk up to the border, say you want to become a citizen, and at least start the process.

The way we make people jump through hoops is a big part of the issue.

Had a conversation with a buddy of mine and he was on Trumps side with this, but after we talked, he too agrees that it's the way people have to spend YEARS on lists just to get to become legal citizens is really the true issue.

That's a big issue to TuHolmes but to tens of millions of Americans it really isn't.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
"Jobs that Americans won't do anyway" is classic brainwash from the media.  It makes me want to knock the shit out of people when they use it to excuse their stupid ideas.  

When someone says that, they give up any chance of appearing to know wtf they are saying.  They are only helping to destroy this country by spreading false information (whether they are too dumb to know it or not - doesn't matter).

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
I am not 100 percent sure to be honest, however I don't think it should take years for someone to become a citizen should they desire to.

But if you don't know, then why do you think it?  Where do you get your information?

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
"Jobs that Americans won't do anyway" is classic brainwash from the media.  It makes me want to knock the shit out of people when they use it to excuse their stupid ideas.  

When someone says that, they give up any chance of appearing to know wtf they are saying.  They are only helping to destroy this country by spreading false information (whether they are too dumb to know it or not - doesn't matter).

Really? You know someone out there in the orange groves? Picking lettuce?

Seriously?

I don't know a single person who is willing to do that.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V

How is it any different than the people telling you that "They're taking your jobs".

Lots of illegals taking jobs as VPs? Engineers?

I don't know what you do, but do you have a lot of illegals taking those opportunities from you?

I don't.