Author Topic: What makes a Pro, a Pro?  (Read 12233 times)

omg

• Getbig III
  • Maybe we all just havent figured it out yet
Re: one more rep
« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2007, 05:38:15 AM »
Are you implying that being a lawyer is more noble then being a bodybuilder.Jesus man,lawyers are hated even more then politicians.Nothing but a bunch of ambulance chasers clogging up our legal system with assanine lawsuits like suing McDs for a coffee burn.There is ZERO skill in being a lawyer.Now,since you asked,I'm a college grad and dint drive a truck etc.However,a pro bodybuilder is EVERY bit as valuable as being a lawyer.In fact professional athletes are THE MOST important people in our society because they give us hours and hours of entertainment.Thats why 40,000 people will go watch them preform.Any doctor or lawyer or teacher drawing in 40,000 to watch them?Put some lawyer on a cover of any mag and see how it sells.No,bodybuilding and bodybuilders are far more important then the scheister lawyers or lazy ass teachers that you seem to think so highly of and thats why you post on a bodybuilding web site all day.

dnt be an idiot, lawyer = good living

pro bbder = g4pay

omg

• Getbig III
  • Maybe we all just havent figured it out yet
Re: one more rep
« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2007, 05:39:52 AM »
Are you implying that being a lawyer is more noble then being a bodybuilder.Jesus man,lawyers are hated even more then politicians.Nothing but a bunch of ambulance chasers clogging up our legal system with assanine lawsuits like suing McDs for a coffee burn.There is ZERO skill in being a lawyer.Now,since you asked,I'm a college grad and dint drive a truck etc.However,a pro bodybuilder is EVERY bit as valuable as being a lawyer.In fact professional athletes are THE MOST important people in our society because they give us hours and hours of entertainment.Thats why 40,000 people will go watch them preform.Any doctor or lawyer or teacher drawing in 40,000 to watch them?Put some lawyer on a cover of any mag and see how it sells.No,bodybuilding and bodybuilders are far more important then the scheister lawyers or lazy ass teachers that you seem to think so highly of and thats why you post on a bodybuilding web site all day.

dnt be an idiot, lawyers are skilled professionals that make decent $$$$

bodybuilders are body dismorphic insecure drug injecting ppl, that make NO $$$$

toolarge4u

• Getbig III
  • Handicap stall is for dips you dicksock
Re: What makes a Pro, a Pro?
« Reply #77 on: June 08, 2007, 06:21:49 AM »
practice what you preach retard, dont hit the reply button twice cocksock

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #78 on: June 08, 2007, 09:59:42 AM »
No,LAWER =guy AMBULANCE CHASER DESTROYING OUR CONTRY WITH FRIVOLOUS LAWSUITS AND GETTING SCUM BAGS OFF WITH ZERO JAIL TIME.ALSO THE VAST MAJORITY OF POLITICIANS ARE LAWERS,ENOUGH SAID.
BODYBUILDERS=THE VERY DEFINITION OF MANHOOD.

rocco911

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #79 on: June 08, 2007, 02:06:03 PM »
isn't it any individual whom wins their card?

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2007, 02:13:10 PM »
No,LAWER =#### AMBULANCE CHASER DESTROYING OUR CONTRY WITH FRIVOLOUS LAWSUITS AND GETTING SCUM BAGS OFF WITH ZERO JAIL TIME.ALSO THE VAST MAJORITY OF POLITICIANS ARE LAWERS,ENOUGH SAID.
BODYBUILDERS=THE VERY DEFINITION OF MANHOOD.

Yeah buddy, free Titus and put all the lawyers and congress in jail...right on!
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2007, 02:19:20 PM »
why would you feel sorry for somebody that actually works for a living?  are you royalty?

I don't feel sorry for "anyone" that works for a living, BUT I do feel sorry for guys that make a living by driving a truck or even stocking shelves, because it shows that their brain is just taking up space and could much rather do without it.  There is a saying that these youngsters now a days use, it goes something like, "Don't work harder, work smarter".

In other words, why would you waste so much time making minimum wage at a shitty job at Mcdonalds when with the right degree you can make what a Mcdonald's employee makes in a week in a few hours?

You don't need to be royalty to understand that life, like Adonis mentioned in another thread, shouldn't be wasted on work day in and out.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #82 on: June 08, 2007, 02:47:01 PM »
I don't feel sorry for "anyone" that works for a living, BUT I do feel sorry for guys that make a living by driving a truck or even stocking shelves, because it shows that their brain is just taking up space and could much rather do without it.  There is a saying that these youngsters now a days use, it goes something like, "Don't work harder, work smarter".

In other words, why would you waste so much time making minimum wage at a shitty job at Mcdonalds when with the right degree you can make what a Mcdonald's employee makes in a week in a few hours?

You don't need to be royalty to understand that life, like Adonis mentioned in another thread, shouldn't be wasted on work day in and out.

Any man or woman that works a steady job is ok in my book. I did a lot of crappy, low end jobs before I became a teacher, and I am not rich doing that obviously
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #83 on: June 08, 2007, 03:20:05 PM »

not everybody is born to wealth like you were and consequently has to sell drugs to be successful(smart)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: June 08, 2007, 03:29:54 PM »
not everybody is born to wealth like you were and consequently has to sell drugs to be successful(smart)

Drugs to be successful??  You make no sense and obviously are going off on your very own tangent.  Thanks, but my conversation with you is over.

3Dkiller

• Getbig IV
  • Fuck The New World Order
« Reply #85 on: June 08, 2007, 04:36:16 PM »
Phone call to IFBB telling them that you have a big waist with a wonderfull GUT
TEAM WOLF

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #86 on: June 08, 2007, 04:47:27 PM »

Some truckers make the same as certain professionals, as do plumbers and electricians. Unless you are Stephen Hawking, you'll need to work hard to reach your goals. Infact, most smart people do work hard because they are able to see the big picture, as opposed to someone who stocks shelves for life. And naturally, young people will not be able to aquire high paying jobs due to inexperience and lack of education. They'll be working simple positions.

And I'd like to see you drive a rig attached to a 53 foot trailer that has 10+ cars. My older brother does that for a living.. He used to be an engineering major are Ohio State university, but dropped out due to drug addiction and several other problems. He isn't an idiot by any means, but he isn't savy either as he's made some bad choices in life.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #87 on: June 08, 2007, 05:05:41 PM »
and if you OWN the trucking company business or OWN the plumbing business you just might be smart

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: June 08, 2007, 05:07:42 PM »
Genetics, Luck, being in the right place, timing bla bla bla have nothing to do with actually COMPETING in a PRO QUALIFIER against everyone else on the day of the show and BEATING THEM to EARN your Pro Card!
Is there anything more satisfying than accomplishing that?
Maybe doing it for pay but here is the rub.............There are a few Pro Champions and many more people trying to become Pro but on the day you win your Pro Card, it is reserved and memorialize in our memories as the date of ARRIVAL for those who Dreamed that lttle Dream way back when, the rest of the career as a Pro is but a Blur by comparision to this special day for many.
Peace,
S

Nice explanation from a man who has done it.