Author Topic: the use of NPP strictly for joint protection  (Read 10213 times)

SmoofCat

• Getbig III
the use of NPP strictly for joint protection
« on: February 29, 2012, 05:38:11 AM »
As some of you know, I hate deca and NPP. Both compounds have the unique effect of making me look like a puff fish (deca much more so than NPP, but NPP does the trick also...).

However, I have recently injured my shoulder doing incline dumbbell presses with a truly absurd, tren inspired, amount of weight that would make a lot of the people who claim bodybuilders are not strong shut the fuck up quickly. However, in the morning I felt it in my right shoulder. There was not an acute injury, but something feels wrong. And now three days later, it still doesn't feel right...

And I Find myself reminiscing about the excellent joint lubricating benefits of deca (my least favorite hormone) and NPP.

So my question: what would a good dose of weekly NPP be so I can avoid the bloat that I have gotten with NPP in the past, yet still get the joint lubrication?

PS I am already on a gram of tren E, gram of mast E, and basically no testosterone... About to switch it all out for 200 mg daily of tren ace only, with prop on hand in case i really shut down (i am making a final push to see if i have what it takes to compete in march @ the nyc... honestly the kigtropin scam timing fucked my preparation up and essentially made me cut too soon).

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: the use of NPP strictly for joint protection
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 05:49:07 AM »
If it's just for joint protection 50mg eod, you can go higher but i really don't see the point here, when it's just for joint protection and you already hate nandrolone.
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 06:26:22 AM »
If it's just for joint protection 50mg eod, you can go higher but i really don't see the point here, when it's just for joint protection and you already hate nandrolone.

I concur.

The caveat is that masking an injury can sometimes make it much worse in the end.

However, Smoof knows what he's doing and i believe this will help remedy his issue.

I know a few powerlifters than run 300mg Deca EW just for their aching joints.

8)

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 11:56:07 AM »
I concur.

The caveat is that masking an injury can sometimes make it much worse in the end.

However, Smoof knows what he's doing and i believe this will help remedy his issue.

I know a few powerlifters than run 300mg Deca EW just for their aching joints.

8)

^^ this right here.

for reducing inflammation and helping with creaking and popping joints when lifting, deca is a good solution but for lifting through injuries, it will actually make it worse because steroids have mild anesthesiac properties, kind of like an aspirin, which will make continued damage to an injury until it becomes severe to the point that a person won't be able to lift for a few months. this has happened to me multiple times, my shoulders are just so shitty and the only way i could really work my delts was with a boatload of deca and painkillers but it would get to the point where the painkillers no longer helped and i couldn't even flick on a light switch, my shoulders hurt that bad. putting on a shirt took 10 minutes, etc...

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 12:44:12 PM »
were you using testosterone in addition to the NPP when it made you bloofy ? 

i used very high amounts of NPP by itself and it didnt cause any extra water retention that i could notice,

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 01:53:26 PM »
If you don't like nandrolone why don't you just add equipoise instead

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 01:57:51 PM »
If you have an actual injury to the joint, nandrolone will do nothing to make it better.  It is good for keeping joints fresh, but does not fix an injury.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 02:51:36 PM »
If you have an actual injury to the joint, nandrolone will do nothing to make it better.  It is good for keeping joints fresh, but does not fix an injury.

You're right, it won't heal it but it can help speed the healing process up...at least in my experience. This was years ago, probably ten yrs ago and I twisted a vertebra doing deads....yes, in the grand scheme of things I was being an idiot, but I was 22-24, somewhere in there. Anyway, every doctor I saw wanted to cut me open...that wasn't going to work for me. Went to a chiropractor who said he could fix it but he said it would take 8 months to a year. So I thought I'd try to help things out, speed them up....I added 600mg of Deca per wk to my plan....12wks later xrays revealed a perfect back....you couldn't even tell there had been an injury. Coincidence? I don't know, but there has to be something to that.

If you don't like nandrolone why don't you just add equipoise instead

Because Deca increases bone mineral content and collagen synthesis....this is what makes your joints feel better....EQ doesn't do this.

SmoofCat

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 09:53:35 PM »
were you using testosterone in addition to the NPP when it made you bloofy ? 

i used very high amounts of NPP by itself and it didnt cause any extra water retention that i could notice,

no testosterone twice and with testosterone (sustanon) once.

basically no difference.

i know that deca/npp makes me blow up in a horrible way at high doses. and it has jack shit to do with my diet. i was eating so fucking clean on my last deca cycle, and i still looked like a blow fish (but my joints felt wonderful...).

SmoofCat

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2012, 10:00:26 PM »
You're right, it won't heal it but it can help speed the healing process up...at least in my experience. This was years ago, probably ten yrs ago and I twisted a vertebra doing deads....yes, in the grand scheme of things I was being an idiot, but I was 22-24, somewhere in there. Anyway, every doctor I saw wanted to cut me open...that wasn't going to work for me. Went to a chiropractor who said he could fix it but he said it would take 8 months to a year. So I thought I'd try to help things out, speed them up....I added 600mg of Deca per wk to my plan....12wks later xrays revealed a perfect back....you couldn't even tell there had been an injury. Coincidence? I don't know, but there has to be something to that.

Because Deca increases bone mineral content and collagen synthesis....this is what makes your joints feel better....EQ doesn't do this.

arnold jr, i can't agree more. every time i have commenced a deca or npp cycle was because of a joint injury, and each time the injury was completely cured. something about deca and npp just completely cures all of my joint injuries.

but the way deca and npp make me look is fucking terrible. i am very much a tren lover. most people who love tren, do not like deca. and most people who love deca, do not love tren. these are my findings over the year. this has intrinsically everything to do with body types (some body types look good on deca, and some look good on tren. people who tend to have a high bf% often can not handle the tren sides, etc').

i was born with a very low body fat. relatively small ankles. it actually is kind of remarkable that i made it to 220 @ such a low body fat, because before hormones i was sitting at such a ridiculously low weight, it is actually pathetic and i won't even mention it.  my point is deca just doesn't suit my body type. i think big boned people with higher body fat tend to love deca because they just don't give a fuck about bf% in the first place, and they love to bloof up. i  personally look awful on deca, as do many people with my body type.

so i guess i will try to run 25 mg daily of NPP and see if it helps. i am about to up the tren ace to 1400 mg weekly, so i think i need the npp. because i might try to incline bench the 200 lb dumbbells once the tren dose goes up, and there goes my shoulders.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2012, 11:36:28 PM »
arnold jr, i can't agree more. every time i have commenced a deca or npp cycle was because of a joint injury, and each time the injury was completely cured. something about deca and npp just completely cures all of my joint injuries.

but the way deca and npp make me look is fucking terrible. i am very much a tren lover. most people who love tren, do not like deca. and most people who love deca, do not love tren. these are my findings over the year. this has intrinsically everything to do with body types (some body types look good on deca, and some look good on tren. people who tend to have a high bf% often can not handle the tren sides, etc').

i was born with a very low body fat. relatively small ankles. it actually is kind of remarkable that i made it to 220 @ such a low body fat, because before hormones i was sitting at such a ridiculously low weight, it is actually pathetic and i won't even mention it.  my point is deca just doesn't suit my body type. i think big boned people with higher body fat tend to love deca because they just don't give a fuck about bf% in the first place, and they love to bloof up. i  personally look awful on deca, as do many people with my body type.

so i guess i will try to run 25 mg daily of NPP and see if it helps. i am about to up the tren ace to 1400 mg weekly, so i think i need the npp. because i might try to incline bench the 200 lb dumbbells once the tren dose goes up, and there goes my shoulders.

Well, I might have to blow a small hole in your theory...I actually like both Deca and Tren. I wouldn't call myself a big boned guy by any means, pretty regular...I gain fat easy but I can gain good size about as easily. I have always had to really watch things though, especially in the off-season days or the fat could easily get out of control.

Anyway, of course I like the way I look better with Tren, I mean it's hard to beat...and no side-effects...ever...but for off-season times, the Deca Tren rotation is tough to beat IMO. If you're wanting good growth in the off-season, to me nothing can top test and Deca for 10-12wks followed by test and Tren for 10-12wks usually overlapping Deca and Tren for about 2-3wks and sprinkling 6wk Dbol burst throughout...that is man cycling IMO.

Anyway, all that said, if I could only pick one I'd still pick Tren, but the healing properties of Deca truly are amazing...this we agree on completely.

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 12:45:36 AM »

There was a study that showed equipoise increased collagen synthesis by 340%, nandrolone in the same study increased collagen synthesis by 270% with the same dose
I'll try and find the study for you but I am 99% certain boldenone increases collagen synthesis

SmoofCat

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2012, 11:00:45 AM »
Well, I might have to blow a small hole in your theory...I actually like both Deca and Tren. I wouldn't call myself a big boned guy by any means, pretty regular...I gain fat easy but I can gain good size about as easily. I have always had to really watch things though, especially in the off-season days or the fat could easily get out of control.

Anyway, of course I like the way I look better with Tren, I mean it's hard to beat...and no side-effects...ever...but for off-season times, the Deca Tren rotation is tough to beat IMO. If you're wanting good growth in the off-season, to me nothing can top test and Deca for 10-12wks followed by test and Tren for 10-12wks usually overlapping Deca and Tren for about 2-3wks and sprinkling 6wk Dbol burst throughout...that is man cycling IMO.

I agree Arnold. I personally was not referring to actual high level competitors or pros. Then It is obviously not either or. For them Npp tren ace (to start) is the combo and I know this . The test that they use in off season, and eq is another staple. But the anabolics for those guys are not one or the other like they are for me. I used to want to be pro. Now I am happy with 220-225 and fucking ripped to shreds.

Anyway, all that said, if I could only pick one I'd still pick Tren, but the healing properties of Deca truly are amazing...this we agree on completely.

Rusty Trombone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2023, 02:09:16 PM »
Ja Ja Spritz Naturlich