Author Topic: world class ownage - Muay Thai Vs TKD  (Read 1933 times)

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
world class ownage - Muay Thai Vs TKD
« on: March 03, 2007, 10:19:58 AM »
This clip is proof enough (and also an embarrassment to TKD!) that pussy arts like TKD have no place in combat fighting. It looks to me like the Korean guy actually thought "Best of the Best" was based on real life fighting! Now if anyone ever champions that shambles again you shall be ignored and slated!!!

&mode=related&search= 
Scouser on Tour

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
Re: world class ownage - Muay Thai Vs TKD
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 09:25:52 PM »
There's the truth, plain and simple.. arts like karate and TKD will never stand a chance against a *REAL* fighting system like Muay Thai.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 01:41:21 AM »
There's the truth, plain and simple.. arts like karate and TKD will never stand a chance against a *REAL* fighting system like Muay Thai.

Muay Thai's training method produces better athletes.  It doesn't make the art better than others.  McFreddies was dominating Kampmann on their feet, doesn't make boxing better than MT.  Better athletes win, but I agree, MT produces better fighters.  TMAs are (or should be) a thing of the past. 

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 07:45:37 AM »
LOL  ::)
P

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 10:50:29 AM »
Muay Thai's training method produces better athletes.  It doesn't make the art better than others.  McFreddies was dominating Kampmann on their feet, doesn't make boxing better than MT.  Better athletes win, but I agree, MT produces better fighters.  TMAs are (or should be) a thing of the past. 

I'm just talking about straight out, self defense street fighting.. :) hell, and I took Goju-Ryu karate for 3 years when I was a kid.. I wouldn't say it was a complete waste, but with what I got from muay thai in 2-3 months was the equivalent.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 06:00:35 PM »
I am no TMA advocate, the reason MT is so much more effective, is the same reason boxing, wrestling, BJJ, Judo is over TMAs.  They train in a "live" environment against resisting, aggressive opponents.  This is what makes it combative, not throwing a jab, leaving it there so your Sifu, sensei can walk around your body and hit you with ten combination attacks then sweep you.  By all means MT is much better, but there have been plenty of TMAers who changed over to a live type art and been very successful.  GSP, Dennis Alexio, Duke Roufus, Andy Hug, Peter Aerts, Bas Rutten, Erik Paulsen, etc....

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 07:05:26 AM »
TKD is not as effective as MT...
S

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2007, 11:48:34 AM »

No dispute there.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2007, 05:06:08 AM »

Not even close.. it's great for kata's and tournaments, etc. but for practical applications..  8)

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2007, 10:33:13 AM »
I took TKD first of all the styles I studied, and Knocked out the teachers son (with full pads on) a 4th degree black belt (which means absolutly nothing to me) in 1 punch. After beeing in the class for 2 weeks, then I quit and joined boxing and tai boxing.
P

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2007, 12:20:46 PM »
I took TKD first of all the styles I studied, and Knocked out the teachers son (with full pads on) a 4th degree black belt (which means absolutly nothing to me) in 1 punch. After beeing in the class for 2 weeks, then I quit and joined boxing and tai boxing.

Don't you mean THAI boxing