Author Topic: Over 45 training  (Read 414867 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Over 45 training
« Reply #1200 on: January 16, 2016, 03:11:14 PM »
Last evening, I worked quads, calves and lower abs. Pretty much stuck to the routine with the exception of adding box squats 3 X 10 using pathetic resistance, 175 lbs. My back is slightly sore from these. It's probably good that I didn't go any higher. On all other exercises, I increased the resistance by at least 10 lbs.

Today and tomorrow, I'm giving this old body a rest. Monday, I'll be back at it.

The changes are coming slowly, but surely. My pecs are a little more pronounced and when I try to pose like I'm a bodybuilder, I actually have fledging lats and delts. I can't seem to find and angle where my arms look good. Maybe I'll avoid the "selfie" and go with my camera on a tripod and delayed setting. I might try Steve's classic pose. Although my abs are flat with just a hint of a six-pack, the loose, aging skin there is not a pretty site. The more I suck it in, the worse it looks. Time for a tummy tuck!

My weight seemed to have bottomed out at 176 lbs. This morning, I was 180 lbs. in my underpants. I haven't been eating more, so I am not sure why this is the case.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1201 on: January 16, 2016, 08:22:28 PM »
Last evening, I worked quads, calves and lower abs. Pretty much stuck to the routine with the exception of adding box squats 3 X 10 using pathetic resistance, 175 lbs. My back is slightly sore from these. It's probably good that I didn't go any higher. On all other exercises, I increased the resistance by at least 10 lbs.

Today and tomorrow, I'm giving this old body a rest. Monday, I'll be back at it.

The changes are coming slowly, but surely. My pecs are a little more pronounced and when I try to pose like I'm a bodybuilder, I actually have fledging lats and delts. I can't seem to find and angle where my arms look good. Maybe I'll avoid the "selfie" and go with my camera on a tripod and delayed setting. I might try Steve's classic pose. Although my abs are flat with just a hint of a six-pack, the loose, aging skin there is not a pretty site. The more I suck it in, the worse it looks. Time for a tummy tuck!

My weight seemed to have bottomed out at 176 lbs. This morning, I was 180 lbs. in my underpants. I haven't been eating more, so I am not sure why this is the case.
jay good stuff,,enjoy training ,feel look your best...

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1202 on: January 17, 2016, 03:18:40 AM »
quite Sunday.. will go to the Gym and do a full Body workout and some Cardio. we have snow again :'(

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1203 on: January 17, 2016, 07:55:51 AM »
leg day recap

sticking with time managing and getting done with same intensity..

vsquat superset with lying sled press...2 plates/3/4/5 reps 10 to sled..160/180/200/240 10..sick pump

extensions with walking lunges 80 lb bar on shoulders x3

finished wide and slight foot outward leg press 12 rep sets 4 plates side/5/6

hams
supersetted 4 sets sldl with single leg standing curls 135/185/235/235..70/80/90/100

calves seated x5 calf raises 3/3.5/4/4/4 plates

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1204 on: January 17, 2016, 02:23:15 PM »
No training for me for awhile since I have a 103 fever. 

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1205 on: January 18, 2016, 04:50:05 AM »
Hope you are feeling better Buddy... i will go for a run tonight in the crisp night air. Love it. Feeling very motivated today  :)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1206 on: January 18, 2016, 06:19:30 AM »
Hope you are feeling better Buddy... i will go for a run tonight in the crisp night air. Love it. Feeling very motivated today  :)
nice,,,its finally cold here we have been at 45/50 degrees ,,its starting to ice/little I mean little snow so far way less than last 2 yrs,,but small snow storm headed here later in week they say...

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1207 on: January 18, 2016, 03:33:22 PM »
Sat on my ass all they sitting on the computer barely moving. Maybe by Wednesday I will be back to the Iron.  I'm due for some time off even if I wasn't sick.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1208 on: January 18, 2016, 05:49:02 PM »

Can't begin to imagine how that must feel. I think my temperature got up to 101 a long while ago. I thought I was going to die. I was freezing one minute and then sweating profusely the next. My norm is just under 98 degrees.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1209 on: January 19, 2016, 06:05:10 AM »
Can't begin to imagine how that must feel. I think my temperature got up to 101 a long while ago. I thought I was going to die. I was freezing one minute and then sweating profusely the next. My norm is just under 98 degrees.

I was walking around Manhattan when the fever hit. I kept telling the wife how cold I was not even realizing I had a fever. The wife said it's only about 35 degrees and you have a warm coat. I drove home shaking with cold despite having the heat on full blast. Got home and at my wife's insistence I took my temperature.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1210 on: January 19, 2016, 06:33:18 AM »
hope ur feeling better rich...

CHEST...switched of flat db press hit a stick point and shoulder not responding well to them..still my only training set back strength wise so...

I did flat bench very light on smith 4 sets weight irrelevant just some hi rep 10-15 for pump

inc press same getting stronger these  hurt less 4 sets sets 135/145 still no where I was at strength wise

flat flyes these were ok,,,30/35/35

lower cable flyes SUPERSET WITH PUSHUPS X3...

I tried to mimic dips on cable I can't do dips yet I love them too so I put handle up top and pushed it straight down from shoulder point down to side leg like It was dip but standing did 2 sets at the end it was so-so not quite same effect...live and learn

tris
tri set x4 nice pump I like switching it up from the norm...seated extension,rope pushdowns,reverse grip pushdowns 10 reps per

finished 2 sets lying db extensions both done together 25/30 db

abs

treadmill

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1211 on: January 19, 2016, 07:38:37 AM »
hope ur feeling better rich...

CHEST...switched of flat db press hit a stick point and shoulder not responding well to them..still my only training set back strength wise so...

I did flat bench very light on smith 4 sets weight irrelevant just some hi rep 10-15 for pump

inc press same getting stronger these  hurt less 4 sets sets 135/145 still no where I was at strength wise

flat flyes these were ok,,,30/35/35

lower cable flyes SUPERSET WITH PUSHUPS X3...

I tried to mimic dips on cable I can't do dips yet I love them too so I put handle up top and pushed it straight down from shoulder point down to side leg like It was dip but standing did 2 sets at the end it was so-so not quite same effect...live and learn

tris
tri set x4 nice pump I like switching it up from the norm...seated extension,rope pushdowns,reverse grip pushdowns 10 reps per

finished 2 sets lying db extensions both done together 25/30 db

abs

treadmill
Good idea with the "cable dips" but don't you have a seated or kneeling Dips machine?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1212 on: January 19, 2016, 07:47:30 AM »
Good idea with the "cable dips" but don't you have a seated or kneeling Dips machine?
yeah...lol I wouldn't be caught dead using it...kneeling padded one,,,,i use the dip machine for triceps...I just can't do standard lean slightly forward type dips...

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1213 on: January 19, 2016, 07:53:31 AM »
yeah...lol I wouldn't be caught dead using it...kneeling padded one,,,,i use the dip machine for triceps...I just can't do standard lean slightly forward type dips...
Yes but at least you can lower the resistance if injured.. we have a combi machine with assisted chins and you can do dips on it too(kneeling). You can lean forward slightly. I use it at the moment because of my injury. OK the seated i don´t like and never use. Don´t give a Fuck if i´m injured i use what i can who cares what on lookers think.. 8)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1214 on: January 19, 2016, 07:55:40 AM »
I´m Boss Hogg in the Gym  :D Do what i want.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1215 on: January 19, 2016, 08:01:04 AM »
Yes but at least you can lower the resistance if injured.. we have a combi machine with assisted chins and you can do dips on it too(kneeling). You can lean forward slightly. I use it at the moment because of my injury. OK the seated i don´t like and never use. Don´t give a Fuck if i´m injured i use what i can who cares what on lookers think.. 8)
I HEAR YA DONNY,,,I LAUGH WHEN PEOPLE DO DIPS PAD ASSISTED'GUYS',,,INJURY IS ONE THING I COULD SEE YOU USING IT CAUSE OF IT...NOT TRYING TO BE SMUG OF COURSE,,I LIKE POWER OF DOING MY OWN DIP/CHINS WITH MY OWN WEIGHT...

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1216 on: January 19, 2016, 08:07:26 AM »
I HEAR YA DONNY,,,I LAUGH WHEN PEOPLE DO DIPS PAD ASSISTED'GUYS',,,INJURY IS ONE THING I COULD SEE YOU USING IT CAUSE OF IT...NOT TRYING TO BE SMUG OF COURSE,,I LIKE POWER OF DOING MY OWN DIP/CHINS WITH MY OWN WEIGHT...
I know Steve Buddy... OK i´m a pussy  ;D No i always did Bodyweight Dips, when i added weight i just never felt my chest like i did with higher reps with only bodyweight. I have always thought Parallel Bar dips are superior to Benches (dare i say this) now V-Bar dips even better. Dips and Push ups i always liked.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1217 on: January 19, 2016, 08:09:17 AM »
I know Steve Buddy... OK i´m a pussy  ;D No i always did Bodyweight Dips, when i added weight i just never felt my chest like i did with higher reps with only bodyweight. I have always thought Parallel Bar dips are superior to Benches (dare i say this) now V-Bar dips even better. Dips and Push ups i always liked.
I wish we had a v bar dip...

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1218 on: January 19, 2016, 08:20:24 AM »
I wish we had a v bar dip...
did see a video about a guy using two bars in a power rack to do a version of v bar dips.. never seen what this guy does angling the bars downwards  :-\

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1219 on: January 19, 2016, 06:35:38 PM »

Funny you should mention cable dips because last night I worked triceps and used the Nautilus cable dip, just to change things up a little. I can use a ton of weight on these, much more than any other triceps exercise. This tells me they are probably not doing much. I also did cable triceps pushdowns and one arm dumbbell overhead extensions. All in all they got a fairly good workout.

I did Nautilus biceps which kind of mimic concentration curls, only with your arms at shoulder height. I also did EZ curl biceps work and three sets of cable bicep side extensions. I really like these because they make my biceps look huge in the mirror while doing them. I have very long biceps with not much peak. Maybe I should have a softball implanted in each arm....LOL.

For forearms I did wrist curls and reverse wrist curls on Nautilus equipment. I think my forearms are only a little over 12" at the biggest point.

I finished off my routine with 2 sets of 25 crunches using 90 - 100 lbs. I think I am finally seeing some abs.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1220 on: January 20, 2016, 07:35:31 PM »
Decided to take the entire week off; no running or lifting. Went to work today and my boss told me how awful I look.  Thanks boss.  

Not working out observations:

Saw a new general practitioner doctor. My main guy retired and I can't find one I like. This new one was aces. An Asian Indian doctor with the fanciest waiting room I have ever see. He checked me out for my fever and after that asked him about low T.  Told him how my previous doctor sent me a urologist. This guy said I would be better off seeing an endocrinologist.  He told me the guy he is sending me to is rude and abrupt but he has the highest credentials in the field.  My first urologist put me on clomid to increase testosterone and it worked fantastic. He left the practice and the second doctor said in effect he was a wrong to use clomid. He said it's used for a short term on men to increase fertility. He said a side effect was increased testosterone but it has never been studied comprehensively as a long term drug therapy for increasing T. He said it can cause cancer. Maybe this new doc who specializes in hormones and only hormones will have a clear direction on what to do?

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1221 on: January 21, 2016, 03:55:52 AM »
Decided to take the entire week off; no running or lifting. Went to work today and my boss told me how awful I look.  Thanks boss. 

Saw a new general practitioner doctor. My main guy retired and I can't find one I like. This new one was aces. An Asian Indian doctor with the fanciest waiting room I have ever see. He checked me out for my fever and after that asked him about low T.  Told him how my previous doctor sent me a urologist. This guy said I would be better off seeing an endocrinologist.  He told me the guy he is sending me to is rude and abrupt but he has the highest credentials in the field.  My first urologist put me on clomid to increase testosterone and it worked fantastic. He left the practice and the second doctor said in effect he was a wrong to use clomid. He said it's used for a short term on men to increase fertility. He said a side effect was increased testosterone but it has never been studied comprehensively as a long term drug therapy for increasing T. He said it can cause cancer. Maybe this new doc who specializes in hormones and only hormones will have a clear direction on what too do?

Interesting post... you know the Guy you are being sent to who is said to be rude is like the Doctor who did my Injections. He is well know in Neurosurgery.. and is very direct at times. He is not German but of Asian origin. To me he has always been very friendly and helpful. Some of these people are strange but as long as you are helped  :) in one ear and out the other...

Just did my full body workout...feeling pumped up and ready for getbig action.. :D

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1222 on: January 21, 2016, 06:16:25 AM »
Decided to take the entire week off; no running or lifting. Went to work today and my boss told me how awful I look.  Thanks boss. 

Saw a new general practitioner doctor. My main guy retired and I can't find one I like. This new one was aces. An Asian Indian doctor with the fanciest waiting room I have ever see. He checked me out for my fever and after that asked him about low T.  Told him how my previous doctor sent me a urologist. This guy said I would be better off seeing an endocrinologist.  He told me the guy he is sending me to is rude and abrupt but he has the highest credentials in the field.  My first urologist put me on clomid to increase testosterone and it worked fantastic. He left the practice and the second doctor said in effect he was a wrong to use clomid. He said it's used for a short term on men to increase fertility. He said a side effect was increased testosterone but it has never been studied comprehensively as a long term drug therapy for increasing T. He said it can cause cancer. Maybe this new doc who specializes in hormones and only hormones will have a clear direction on what too do?

KEEP US UP TO DATE,,,UROLOGIST PROBABLY JUST GET THE T COUNT FROM BLOOD TEST AND GO FROM THERE,ENDO CAN PROBABLY BE MORE SPECIFIC AND KNOW WHAT TO DO,IF HE FINDS OR RECOMMENDS TESTOSTERONE TREATMENT WHAT WILL YOU DO?DO YOU FEEL RUN DOWN OR NOT PHYSICALLY AT YOUR BEST,,YOUR WORKOUTS INDICATE A STILL STRONG/ROBUST TRAINER..TREAD CAREFULLY WITH THE DECISION...

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1223 on: January 21, 2016, 10:31:08 AM »
BACK ATTACK..

chins x3 sets 12
tbar row elevated version lay chest down on,,2 plates.2.5/2.5 plus ten sets 10/10/8
hammer pulldowns x4 faced sideways so instead of pulling in front straight down you pull from each side separate
lower cable  rows used separated handles but done together x3
'standing  'pull to upper chest pulldowns with small bar x3

weighted hypers x3

traps
shrugs 182x15,225x12,275x12,315x10,315x10

abs

calves 5 sets heavy calf standing raises 12/10/10/8-10/8-10

treadmill

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1224 on: January 21, 2016, 02:29:18 PM »

Endocrinology is the study of medicine that relates to the endocrine system, which is the system that controls hormones. An endocrinologist will deal with diseases that are caused by problems with hormones. It is best to go to the experts. Having said this, I haven't yet seen an endocrinologist. I do follow the advice of one though.