Author Topic: Pat Buchanan Admits That ‘Bush Broke The United States As A Superpower’  (Read 429 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
On the Monday edition of Morning Joe on MSNBC, Pat Buchanan blamed George W. Bush for breaking America’s superpower status in the world. The often extreme right wing political pundit made the statement the day after National Geographic aired an interview with President Bush about September 11th.

“The regret is — the Republican candidates out in the field are not calling for a dramatic new direction of — Father help me, but i agree with Dr. Jeffrey Sachs. The United States — the United States is in virtual headlong retreat from the world. We’re coming out of all these places. We are bankrupt as a nation. We cannot balance our budget. The great blunder was made by George W. Bush when he had the whole country and the world behind him and he went up to Congress and declared ‘now we’re going after an axis of evil; Iraq, Iran and North Korea.’ We are plunging into that part of the world instead of fighting al-Qaeda and handling it the way he should have. As a consequence of that, I think he broke the Republican party and frankly, he broke the United States as a superpower. We are a diminishing superpower today and there is no doubt China is a rising one,”

This is an extraordinary admission by a Republican. The great majority of Republicans refuse to blame Bush for any of our problems including the current economic crisis. But Buchanan pointedly blames Bush entirely. He could have employed the usual right wing spin to blame President Obama, but he did not. The Republicans in Congress at the time are also culpable for the economic calamity we are in and many of them are still in Congress pushing for the same policies that have diminished our superpower status. For once, Pat Buchanan and I agree on something

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2011/08/30/pat-buchanan-admits-that-bush-broke-the-united-states-as-a-superpower/

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
that  Buchanan he's just a liberal  :D :D :D :D :D :D

whork25

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
ANd Obama put the nail in the coffin ;)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
that  Buchanan he's just a liberal  :D :D :D :D :D :D

Again - Bush sucked - no doubt - but what did Pelosi and Reid do from 2006 - 2011 to help anything?   

whork25

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Pelosi and Reid are 2 of the most useless dirtbags in government

In the real world they would not have been able to hold a job for a week

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Pelosi and Reid are 2 of the most useless dirtbags in government

In the real world they would not have been able to hold a job for a week

correct - but blaming solely Bush ignores the reality of the horrible congress we had to endure from 2006  - 2011. 

whork25

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
The pres is not a one man army the blamed reflects on all our elected officials
That goes for the current political situation as well

Purge_WTF

Buchanan's my favorite political commentator. His State Of Emergency and Where The Right Went Wrong are essntial reading.