Author Topic: Pat Buchanan on Russia Today laying down the facts and exposing the lies.  (Read 3163 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244

Very refreshing to hear the truth spoken by a US politician.  :D
w

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
This from a guy who insists the Nazi's were misunderstood...gimme a break. Pats' great for u leftwing nuts when u agree with him right? ::)
L

24KT

• Getbig V
This from a guy who insists the Nazi's were misunderstood...gimme a break. Pats' great for u leftwing nuts when u agree with him right? ::)

Yeah, ...especially since we so rarely agree with him, ...but it's nice when we do.   :D

Can you refute his comments in any way? Are you saying his message is an innaccurate one?
...or are you simply choosing to attack the messenger because of your inability to discredit his message?
w

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.

when did he say that?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
fu ck you... you don't know me, I've liked Pat for a long time.  It's the board neocons that won't have anything to do with him. gee, wonder why ::)  At least twice I've tried to get Beach Bum to give some of his articles a read.  Pat has always been one of the guys on the right that I pay a little more attention to than others and give more credit than others.  nothing new there for me here.

Crossbow

• Getbig II

I'm definitely not a fan of Pat Buchanan (and even less a friend of Russia), but I have to give him credit here. A friend of mine is an aid worker in South Ossetia and when you listen to her stories, the perspective changes. Georgia started this war with brutal violence and absolutely no respect for civilian lives. Russia had to stop this (as it happened right at its doorsteps, and most of South Ossetia is Russian speaking). Good timing on the side of Georgia as the rest of the world was watching the Olympics and did not pay much attention (all the world leaders being at the opening ceremony).
Russia saw this coming and was prepared to respond, crushing the Georgian army, also with excessive force and without any respect for civilians.
It shows that like in any war, it is always the civilians that suffer.

What we in the west have to learn is to stop being manipulated by the leaders in evil countries who know exactly how to play us. Saakashvili, the Georgian president, is very good at this - sending a hand full of troops to Iraq in order to get blind US support for everything he is doing. He also knows that staying in power is more important to the US administration than the details of who is right or wrong in a corner of the world, where we can't even pronounce the names. And look what it did to McCain's numbers in the polls ?  What a coincidence, that Saakashvili had invited Bush and McCain over a few months before starting the war...

Reminds me of the Iran-Iraq war, when Saddam manipulated the West to support him, despite being at least as evil as the other side.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
I'm definitely not a fan of Pat Buchanan (and even less a friend of Russia), but I have to give him credit here. A friend of mine is an aid worker in South Ossetia and when you listen to her stories, the perspective changes. Georgia started this war with brutal violence and absolutely no respect for civilian lives. Russia had to stop this (as it happened right at its doorsteps, and most of South Ossetia is Russian speaking). Good timing on the side of Georgia as the rest of the world was watching the Olympics and did not pay much attention (all the world leaders being at the opening ceremony).
Russia saw this coming and was prepared to respond, crushing the Georgian army, also with excessive force and without any respect for civilians.
It shows that like in any war, it is always the civilians that suffer.

What we in the west have to learn is to stop being manipulated by the leaders in evil countries who know exactly how to play us. Saakashvili, the Georgian president, is very good at this - sending a hand full of troops to Iraq in order to get blind US support for everything he is doing. He also knows that staying in power is more important to the US administration than the details of who is right or wrong in a corner of the world, where we can't even pronounce the names. And look what it did to McCain's numbers in the polls ?  What a coincidence, that Saakashvili had invited Bush and McCain over a few months before starting the war...

Reminds me of the Iran-Iraq war, when Saddam manipulated the West to support him, despite being at least as evil as the other side.

good post. 

ironically Saakashvili actually broadcast on TV that it was the Russians who came in and destroyed the South Ossetian capital.  Insite into what kind of person this guy is.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Saakashvili blaming the destruction of Tskhinvali on Russia.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
You know, I think it was Noam Chomsky who said something like whenever you hear about a particular conflict as reported in the American media, think of the opposite as being the truth. I've been doing this since the 2nd invasion of Iraq and it works!

American media is the worst stinking pile of shit since the time of the USSR.

24KT

• Getbig V
You know, I think it was Noam Chomsky who said something like whenever you hear about a particular conflict as reported in the American media, think of the opposite as being the truth. I've been doing this since the 2nd invasion of Iraq and it works!

American media is the worst stinking pile of shit since the time of the USSR.

"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities, has the power to make you commit injustices," --Voltaire
w

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
The chick in the video is pretty hot though...

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
At what point do u anti american douchebags decide that we're really not the bad guy. That territory is Georgian territory, the Russians wanted it and have been prevoking the Georgian government. Georgia is far more down the road to democracy then any other in the area. Having  worked with many aid organizations, their perspective is generally completely worthless. Besides, life isn't fair and balanced, Georgia is an ally fighting with us in Iraq, who gives a shit about Russia. Their troops are killing and murdering civilians, their military is so enept that it took them days to neutralize targets that killed many civilains in the process.
L

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
At what point do u anti american douchebags decide that we're really not the bad guy. That territory is Georgian territory, the Russians wanted it and have been prevoking the Georgian government. Georgia is far more down the road to democracy then any other in the area. Having  worked with many aid organizations, their perspective is generally completely worthless. Besides, life isn't fair and balanced, Georgia is an ally fighting with us in Iraq, who gives a shit about Russia. Their troops are killing and murdering civilians, their military is so enept that it took them days to neutralize targets that killed many civilains in the process.

How is Abkhazia and Southern Ossetia "Georgian territory" if they are independent republics with their own constitutions?

youandme

• Getbig V
How is Abkhazia and Southern Ossetia "Georgian territory" if they are independent republics with their own constitutions?

last i checked Texas had a Texas Constitution, and a House of Representatives, are they independent of the United States?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V

The independence has not been diplomatically recognized by any member of the United Nations – which continues to regard South Ossetia as part of Georgia...this  their issue...not Russia's. Much like Iraq, it was in Russia's strategic best interest to send in troops. They are attempting to regain past glory, piss off NATO and put a buffer between then and us. Its in our best interest for them to fail.....
L

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V

That's not quite right, but HH6 is also wrong. They were an autonomous region, but not recognized internationally.

let's just cut to the chase...

End point, Georgia, backed by America, was totally in the wrong to launch the 8th offensive.