Author Topic: Next Gen Console Fail-Games 100 dollars-Xbox One-500 Dollars-PS4 even more $  (Read 36735 times)

Army of One

• Getbig V
I never knew the average age of getbiggers was 11.  All the excitement over video games  ::)
I have the PS3 and never played a game on it, but I do use it as a music player, photo viewer and watch blue rays on it, as most adults should.

You do realise the gaming industry is bigger than the movie and music industry combined right?This isn't 1990 anymore.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
When you get older maybe you'll find a way to take care of your priorities so you'll be able to find time to play a game or two.

And by then, maybe you might be able to afford a ipod to play music on and get a real stand alone blu-ray player like most adults do.

Yeah, because I carry my ps3 with me to listen to music  ::)  Why get a stand alone blu ray, when the PS3 gets software updates to allow things like 3D movies to play where other players make you buy a new one.  Fucking idiot.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
The King of Getbig approves the Playstation 4. Thread over.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
Playstation 4 Approved

Thread can now be closed.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
I never knew the average age of getbiggers was 11.  All the excitement over video games  ::)
I have the PS3 and never played a game on it, but I do use it as a music player, photo viewer and watch blue rays on it, as most adults should.

What's the difference between watching blu-ray entertainment and being involved in the entertainment experience?

2 hours being unproductive is still 2 hours being unproductive.

Instead of giving your money to Hollywood, you're giving it to the gaming industry.

These types of comments make zero sense.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
You do realise the gaming industry is bigger than the movie and music industry combined right?This isn't 1990 anymore.

Definitely bigger than the movie business.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
Vidyer games

Army of One

• Getbig V
Definitely bigger than the movie business.

And music too

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
And music too

I have not seen those numbers.

We always discuss the Hollywood box office, we do not discuss the music industry in the conversation around the office.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino

Sony's already backtracked on the DRM.
Y

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Sony's already backtracked on the DRM.

They haven't... They have stated that you can't stop other publishers from requesting it.

I think the whole industry is getting stupid about it... They aren't losing fucking money!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
They haven't... They have stated that you can't stop other publishers from requesting it.

I think the whole industry is getting stupid about it... They aren't losing fucking money!

They backtracked in the sense that they gave the impression in the press conference that there would be NO DRM whatsover on the console.  Since then, they've clarified that third party producers can enforce it, but no Sony produced games will have, correct?

Agreed that they're not losing money, but I can't say it wasn't expected.
Y

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
They backtracked in the sense that they gave the impression in the press conference that there would be NO DRM whatsover on the console.  Since then, they've clarified that third party producers can enforce it, but no Sony produced games will have, correct?

Agreed that they're not losing money, but I can't say it wasn't expected.

Blu-Ray inherently has DRM, so there's literally nothing you can do about it from that sense.

It's a spec of the Blu-Ray foundation or something of that notion.

I do understand what you are saying, but hell... the PS3 has DRM functions in it.

I agree, it's a bad thing.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
I would take over Xbox operations for half of the pay. Only a complete retard would implement such stupidity.

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Yeah, because I carry my ps3 with me to listen to music  ::)  Why get a stand alone blu ray, when the PS3 gets software updates to allow things like 3D movies to play where other players make you buy a new one.  Fucking idiot.

Why are you still cryn'?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Feel free to check out the pictures I'm posting of E3.

Ask any questions you like and if I talked to someone or have info, I'll answer.

I might even head back tomorrow for a round 2.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=482045.0

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
No you didn't.

If so, you wouldn't have used the word "especially"... You are implying with that one word that it is doing better all over and MORE SO in the US.

well things must have changed a lot over the last year

http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/04/microsoft-xbox-now-is-the-top-selling-console-worldwide/

and yes 360 doing much better in the US, and don't talk to me about "accuracy" when you work in the industry yet didn't think the PS4 was coming out this year

E
E

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
well things must have changed a lot over the last year

http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/04/microsoft-xbox-now-is-the-top-selling-console-worldwide/

and yes 360 doing much better in the US, and don't talk to me about "accuracy" when you work in the industry yet didn't think the PS4 was coming out this year

E

I didn't... Not when asked.

Then we got a bunch of Development kits and I knew better but I was under a Non-Disclosure agreement so I couldn't say what I knew when I knew it.

::)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
No I'm the only one ( up until that point ) who called you on your bullshit claim.

ps4 will win for the same reason 360 sold better than the ps3, it's $100 cheaper

This is your original claim which is flat out wrong, Both sold roughly the same amount of consoles ( 77 million ) and then you looked silly and were forced to amend your statement that it sold better in the beginning  ::) with a year head start.

And again what the fuck does that mean?  ??? who cares if it sold better in the beginning? ( and how would you know? do you have a year-to-year breakdown in sales comparing the two? )  all that matters did they sell more in the end? and we already know that answer. If anything Sony sold more in less time and didn't have to pay out over $1 Billion dollars to fix their systems so who really ' won ' ?

And this has nothing to do with me looking for an argument , it has to do with calling you on your bullshit , you back peddling and being butt hurt you got called on your original bullshit claim.

ps4 will win for the same reason 360 sold better than the ps3, it's $100 cheaper  

360 was greatly outselling ps3 when they were new because of the price and is still outselling it in the US, how is that wrong?  show me a month where ps3 outsold 360 in the US within the last 7 years

butt hurt?  you're the one flipping out over this, even supposedly "laughing your ass off" which means you are taking it way too seriously, you always did project your own feelings on to others

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
I didn't... Not when asked.

Then we got a bunch of Development kits and I knew better but I was under a Non-Disclosure agreement so I couldn't say what I knew when I knew it.

::)

i specifically remember you replying to one of my posts saying the ps4 will NOT come out in 2013

E
E

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
i specifically remember you replying to one of my posts saying the ps4 will NOT come out in 2013

E

I said that based on the information available at the time... As I said... when I DID find out... I had been placed under an NDA and couldn't comment any longer.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
I said that based on the information available at the time... As I said... when I DID find out... I had been placed under an NDA and couldn't comment any longer.

why were you allowed to say the new xbox was being released?

E
E

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
why were you allowed to say the new xbox was being released?

E

EA had kits in hand, but not in my location, so I wasn't under an NDA at the time. Once I was personally sent the NDA notification, I could no longer discuss anything relating to either.