Author Topic: Kerry quotes the bible and proclaims duty to protect Muslims from climate change  (Read 12358 times)

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND

http://freebeacon.com/issues/kerry-scripture-says-u-s-should-protect-muslim-countries-against-global-warming/

Kerry: Scripture Says U.S. Should Protect Muslim Countries Against Global Warming

BY: Washington Free Beacon Staff
September 3, 2014 3:37 pm

Secretary of State John Kerry said it was the United States’ biblical “duty” to confront climate change at home and abroad in “Muslim-majority” nations during a speech Wednesday.

“Our faiths are inextricably linked on any number of things that we must confront and deal with in policy concepts today. Our faiths are inextricably linked on the environment. For many of us, respect for God’s creation also translates into a duty to protect and sustain his first creation, Earth, the planet,” Kerry said.

“Confronting climate change is, in the long run, one of the greatest challenges that we face, and you can see this duty or responsibility laid out in Scriptures clearly, beginning in Genesis. And Muslim-majority countries are among the most vulnerable. Our response to this challenge ought to be rooted in a sense of stewardship of Earth, and for me and for many of us here today, that responsibility comes from God,” he continued.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
BUMP-- Where are my left wing douchebag humanists? Aren't you outraged that Kerry is invoking the bible? Also, this might be the most embarrassing 1:21 of Obama's presidency. 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Confronting climate change is, in the long run, one of the greatest challenges that we face, and you can see this duty or responsibility laid out in Scriptures clearly, beginning in Genesis. And Muslim-majority countries are among the most vulnerable."

Climate change is the right's secret weapon to wipe out Muslims countries.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Lmfao.   

http://freebeacon.com/issues/kerry-scripture-says-u-s-should-protect-muslim-countries-against-global-warming/

Kerry: Scripture Says U.S. Should Protect Muslim Countries Against Global Warming

BY: Washington Free Beacon Staff
September 3, 2014 3:37 pm

Secretary of State John Kerry said it was the United States’ biblical “duty” to confront climate change at home and abroad in “Muslim-majority” nations during a speech Wednesday.

“Our faiths are inextricably linked on any number of things that we must confront and deal with in policy concepts today. Our faiths are inextricably linked on the environment. For many of us, respect for God’s creation also translates into a duty to protect and sustain his first creation, Earth, the planet,” Kerry said.

“Confronting climate change is, in the long run, one of the greatest challenges that we face, and you can see this duty or responsibility laid out in Scriptures clearly, beginning in Genesis. And Muslim-majority countries are among the most vulnerable. Our response to this challenge ought to be rooted in a sense of stewardship of Earth, and for me and for many of us here today, that responsibility comes from God,” he continued.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
Why would he say this? because they are poor? hence they cannot combat things like the States? it's hard to make sense of his statement.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
BUMP-- Where are my left wing douchebag humanists? Aren't you outraged that Kerry is invoking the bible? Also, this might be the most embarrassing 1:21 of Obama's presidency. 

Kerry is an idiot.

Happy?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Liberals quoting the Bible....hahahahahahaha!

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Liberals quoting the Bible....hahahahahahaha!

Why not. Jesus was THE liberal.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Go forth and steal others $ and kill your babies and bang dudes is where in the gospel?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Go forth and steal others $ and kill your babies and bang dudes is where in the gospel?

haha

bears

• Getbig IV

you can equate Jesus with the American liberals of the 50's and 60's who actually stood for the American working middle class.  he had NOTHING in common with the liberals of the 2000's.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Mattheus 3:9

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Bible on welfare
"For the poor will never cease to be in the land; therefore I command you, saying, 'You shall freely open your hand to your brother, to your needy and poor in your land'"

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
you can equate Jesus with the American liberals of the 50's and 60's who actually stood for the American working middle class.  he had NOTHING in common with the liberals of the 2000's.

You are somewhat right but the alternative is hell-spawn republicans who have more in common with the devil.

What's your take on Obamacare? Sounds Jesus approved to me.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum

You are somewhat right but the alternative is hell-spawn republicans who have more in common with the devil.

What's your take on Obamacare? Sounds Jesus approved to me.

Why? Where did Jesus say I command the government to pass laws to force everyone to give the poor? Unless its in the Whork edition?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Why? Where did Jesus say I command the government to pass laws to force everyone to give the poor? Unless its in the Whork edition?

Jesus ran around healing the sick.

He would wish you did the same, but instead you run around lobbying for those who has the most.

You are going to hell if their is one  ;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Bible on welfare
"For the poor will never cease to be in the land; therefore I command you, saying, 'You shall freely open your hand to your brother, to your needy and poor in your land'"

That's not talking about government mandated welfare.  It's talking about philanthropy. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Correct.  Pretty dumb argument. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
That's not talking about government mandated welfare.  It's talking about philanthropy. 

I think Jesus would be happy if the result is they get healthcare instead of not getting it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

I think Jesus would be happy if the result is they get healthcare instead of not getting it.

I think Jesus would think you are akin to a moneychanger in the temple and kick the crap out of you. 

He also said nothing about government mandated welfare. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I think Jesus would think you are akin to a moneychanger in the temple and kick the crap out of you. 

He also said nothing about government mandated welfare. 

Jesus day-job after he quit his carpenter business was to provide healthcare but he would hate it if it came from the government ??? Come on.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Jesus day-job after he quit his carpenter business was to provide healthcare but he would hate it if it came from the government ??? Come on.

His job was a philanthropist, not a government employee or agency forcing people to feed the poor under threat of prison.  He didn't get paid for healing people and the government didn't force him to do it.  Pretty dumb comparison.  

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
His job was a philanthropist, not a government employee or agency forcing people to feed the poor under threat of prison.  He didn't get paid for healing people and the government didn't force him to do it.  Pretty dumb comparison.  

No but he did provide healthcare as does Obamacare. So the comparison stands.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

No but he did provide healthcare as does Obamacare. So the comparison stands.

Dude.  He healed people for free.  He did volunteer work.  The government didn't force him to do volunteer work. 

Obamacare is a federal law that mandates employers and others to provide healthcare for certain people under the threat of punishment. 

You don't see the distinction? 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Dude.  He healed people for free.  He did volunteer work.  The government didn't force him to do volunteer work. 

Obamacare is a federal law that mandates employers and others to provide healthcare for certain people under the threat of punishment. 

You don't see the distinction? 

I see the distinction but believes Jesus would be okay with that as long as the poor got care.

Maybe you can ask him in your next prayer?