Author Topic: (30 Oct) Love or Hate?  (Read 6960 times)

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
(30 Oct) Love or Hate?
« on: October 30, 2009, 06:18:26 PM »
Chris Jericho

Is he the most consistent performer of the last decade?  Someone who wrestled wherever he could as he worked his way to the top of the business.  Were his promo's and popularity during his first stint in the WWE only bettered by Austin and The Rock?  Is he now the best heel in the business?  Someone Vince can rely on when his other top stars keep getting injured?

OR

Is he still wrestling simply because his rock band never hit the highs he might have hoped for?  Has he given us the same repetitive promo every single week, because he can't think of anything better?  Is he himself going to become the washed up guy he preached about in 'The Wrestler'?  Has his main event status been aided by the other top stars constant injuries?

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: (30 Oct) Love or Hate?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 06:50:06 PM »
I loved the Jericho of the late 90's through the turn of the century.

We will probably never see that version again.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 07:29:16 PM »
I loved the Jericho of the late 90's through the turn of the century.

We will probably never see that version again.
X2

He used to be great on the mic, now with the "PG" bullshit, I think he's holding back and his promos suffer for it.

In fact, I think the whole WWE has suffered from the PG crap.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

cobra_4

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 05:06:46 AM »
I've always been a huge jericho fan especially in his pre wwe days. I must admit though his act is getting a little stale and I've been less than excited about anything he has done since coming back to raw.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2009, 09:21:41 AM »
Loved Jericho in WCW.  His mic work and matches with Eddie and Malenko were great.  He was ok when he first got to WWE, although his promos changed and not for the better.  He is simply awful now. 

And he needs a couple of cycles BADLY.  His physique looks like total shit.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2009, 02:06:12 PM »
Loved Jericho in WCW.  His mic work and matches with Eddie and Malenko were great.  He was ok when he first got to WWE, although his promos changed and not for the better.  He is simply awful now. 

And he needs a couple of cycles BADLY.  His physique looks like total shit.
Dude, the stuff he did with Stephanie when he first came over was solid gold!! :D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2009, 04:17:55 AM »
Jericho is an amazing wrestler. He is good on the stick and he came from the last string of old school guys that wrestled the indies and other promotions before stepping up to the WCW and WWE. He knows how to work the crowd and is an amazing heel. The only downside I don't like about him and i'm knit picking with this is his physique. He looks like a block with a big waste and no lats or delts. Maybe do to the fact that he's not on gas? Who knows...but then again this is wrestling and not bbdg. 

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2009, 06:03:41 AM »
Dude, the stuff he did with Stephanie when he first came over was solid gold!! :D

Yes!   ;D

Loved Jericho in WCW.  His mic work and matches with Eddie and Malenko were great.  He was ok when he first got to WWE, although his promos changed and not for the better.  He is simply awful now.  

And he needs a couple of cycles BADLY.  His physique looks like total shit.

Jericho is an amazing wrestler. He is good on the stick and he came from the last string of old school guys that wrestled the indies and other promotions before stepping up to the WCW and WWE. He knows how to work the crowd and is an amazing heel. The only downside I don't like about him and i'm knit picking with this is his physique. He looks like a block with a big waste and no lats or delts. Maybe do to the fact that he's not on gas? Who knows...but then again this is wrestling and not bbdg.  

Yeah, he badly needs to get his ass to the gym and back on the juice!

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 07:46:36 PM »

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2009, 05:42:29 AM »

Haha, it took a couple of go's before I caught what he said.  Do you think his mind went blank, or Flair was supposed to take it anyway?

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2009, 05:47:26 AM »

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2009, 09:32:39 AM »
Part of the problem is that some..note I said some...of the wrestlers are told what to say in promos. Others who have the natural gift of gab like the Rock & Flair do their own promos.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2009, 01:58:56 PM »
I wonder how many of the current WWE roster actually do their own promo's?  HHH and his borefests probably are, HBK, Taker.....who else?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2009, 04:12:34 PM »
Haha, it took a couple of go's before I caught what he said.  Do you think his mind went blank, or Flair was supposed to take it anyway?

Looks & sounds to me like Y2J forgot his line.
When whispered to Flair, "Take it from me..." I doubt CJ was feeding Slick-Ric a forgotten cue.

Regardless, if you're gonna get lost in a promo, Flair's the guy you want there as your recovery. ;)

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2009, 05:47:06 PM »
Looks & sounds to me like Y2J forgot his line.
When whispered to Flair, "Take it from me..." I doubt CJ was feeding Slick-Ric a forgotten cue.

Regardless, if you're gonna get lost in a promo, Flair's the guy you want there as your recovery. ;)

Very true!

I wonder how many of the current WWE roster actually do their own promo's?  HHH and his borefests probably are, HBK, Taker.....who else?

I would think Jericho is allowed a lot more control over his promo's than most.  He's one of the few there able to think on his feet (apart from the above example  ;D).  Other than that, some might have a bit of say, but not much.  Maybe Cena, Rey, Santino?

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2009, 06:01:27 AM »
I would think that all the money makers are allowed to say what they want within reason. HHH, Shawn Michaels, Undertaker, the Rock (in his day), Stone Cold Steve Austin (in his day) and Flair are all good on the stick. Guys like John Morrison, The Miz, Mark henry I would imagine are told what to say by WWE creative. From what I have heard and read, Dusty Rhodes is they guy who is backstage at RAW & Smackdown tapings that is teaching the newr guys how to deliver a promo. I noticed for example, since Kofi lost his Jamaican accent and has aquired a more mean streak, look how much better his promos are. That shit he did on Orton's Nascar last week was priceless. 

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2009, 08:38:28 AM »
I noticed for example, since Kofi lost his Jamaican accent and has aquired a more mean streak, look how much better his promos are. That shit he did on Orton's Nascar last week was priceless. 

That was a good promo.  Although was anyone slightly hoping for him to slip over on the paint?!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2009, 12:24:54 PM »
That was a good promo.  Although was anyone slightly hoping for him to slip over on the paint?!
I caught that too! ;D  He almost whipped out a couple of times. His leg fell through the windshield at one point.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2009, 01:11:51 PM »
I caught that too! ;D  He almost whipped out a couple of times. His leg fell through the windshield at one point.

That would have been a costly promo to have to reshoot!

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2009, 07:27:13 PM »
I though he was fantastic at his best. great in the ring, great on the mic.

his match with michaels at WM a few years ago was incredible, and he should have won...
Flower Boy Ran Away

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2009, 06:22:37 AM »
There's talk of Jericho facing Undertaker next year at Wrestlemania, what do people think to that?

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2009, 07:52:51 AM »
There's talk of Jericho facing Undertaker next year at Wrestlemania, what do people think to that?
That's not happening. He is slated to face Edge. That will be Edge's first match back in the WWE since his injury.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2009, 08:55:46 AM »
That's not happening. He is slated to face Edge. That will be Edge's first match back in the WWE since his injury.

Yeah, I read they wanted to do that a while back, but they can't put any realistic date on Edge's return, so I think this was another plan just in case.  Personally I'd rather see Edge vs Jericho.  Undertaker should add Cena to his winning streak.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2009, 10:16:47 AM »
Yeah, I read they wanted to do that a while back, but they can't put any realistic date on Edge's return, so I think this was another plan just in case.  Personally I'd rather see Edge vs Jericho.  Undertaker should add Cena to his winning streak.
Unless Cena defects to Smackdown that match won't happen either. I would like to see Cena face the Undertaker at WM. Or Undertaker vs Big Show. Two titans colliding with Undertaker emerging victorious.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2009, 05:44:03 AM »
Undertaker is going to be the main event at Mania. If it's not Cena or HHH? Who's it gonna be?
He'll be there but he won't headline the card. Not in his broken condition. I'm hoping it will be against Cena as they have yet to have that one epic battle at the largest PPV which is WM.