Author Topic: What do you think a silverback could lift?  (Read 12356 times)

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
Re: What do you think a silverback could lift?
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2014, 10:02:14 AM »
Awesome delts but needs to bring the pecs up a bit

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2014, 10:36:15 AM »
Imagine how lethal a gorilla would be if it wore Tap Out t shirts and learnt ground game.

lol, its funny u said that darren cause i was arguing with this knuckle head bjj dude about who would win in a grappling/mma match betwween a silverback gorilla n a top notch heavyweight bjj black belt/mma fighter, i said the silverbak n he disagreed, hes crazy, the silver back would destroy any man on earth period
R

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2014, 10:36:37 AM »
As powerful as gorillas are....they are herbivores too.

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2014, 10:41:37 AM »

sagittal chest

• Getbig III
  • I hate the French
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2014, 10:49:47 AM »
Welcome back suckmymuscle!

sagittal chest

• Getbig III
  • I hate the French
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2014, 10:50:25 AM »
lol, its funny u said that darren cause i was arguing with this knuckle head bjj dude about who would win in a grappling/mma match betwween a silverback gorilla n a top notch heavyweight bjj black belt/mma fighter, i said the silverbak n he disagreed, hes crazy, the silver back would destroy any man on earth period

Lol yeah what a dipshit!
I've heard guys say Fedor could beat up a silverback.

Lol imagine trying to put an oompaplata on a silverback!
LOLOLOL

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2014, 10:51:32 AM »
As powerful as gorillas are....they are herbivores too.

The argument that vegans constantly make about large, strong animals being vegetarian is invalid. Firstly, the reason they are so large is because they are vegetarian. Gorillas spend virtually all of their time feeding because the food they eat is such poor quality and low in nutrients. So do elephants, rhinos, buffalos etc. Vegetarian animals are large at a cost to themselves. They require huge stomach and intestine volume to digest their food and they must constantly eat. Because they are so big and heavy, they require a lot of muscle and bone strength to constantly move and feed. And because they are at risk from predators and usually live together in a hierarchical group structure they need to be able to defend themselves and compete for food, mates, space etc. hence the strength of male gorillas, antlers of deer, horns of rhinos etc.

Compare this to a pure carnivore, who can afford to lie around all day, feed once in a while yet are extremely muscular and strong, far stronger than herbivores on a pound for pound basis.

sagittal chest

• Getbig III
  • I hate the French
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2014, 10:53:20 AM »
The argument that vegans constantly make about large, strong animals being vegetarian is invalid. Firstly, the reason they are so large is because they are vegetarian. Gorillas spend virtually all of they time feeding because the food they eat is such poor quality and low in nutrients. So do elephants, rhinos, buffalos etc. Vegetarian animals are large at a cost to themselves. They require huge stomach and intestine volume to digest their food and they must constantly eat. Because they are so big and heavy, they require a lot of muscle and bone strength to constantly move and feed. And because they are at risk from predators and usually live together in a hierarchical group structure they need to be able to defend themselves and compete for food, mates, space etc. hence the strength of male gorillas, antlers of deer, horns of rhinos etc.

Compare this to a pure carnivore, who can afford to lie around all day, feed once in a while yet are extremely muscular and strong, far stronger than herbivores on a pound for pound basis.

Good post.

I am going to use this the next time some snobby patronizing vegan goes on a rant.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2014, 10:53:43 AM »
Imagine how lethal a gorilla would be if it wore Tap Out t shirts and learnt ground game.

:D

Foozle

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2014, 10:56:18 AM »
Imagine having sex with a silverback.

I'll bet you have, and you were the bottom.   You dream of taking a bath in gorilla goo you nut nibbling hairy ass wanting manfucker.  You suck.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2014, 10:59:26 AM »
The argument that vegans constantly make about large, strong animals being vegetarian is invalid. Firstly, the reason they are so large is because they are vegetarian. Gorillas spend virtually all of their time feeding because the food they eat is such poor quality and low in nutrients. So do elephants, rhinos, buffalos etc. Vegetarian animals are large at a cost to themselves. They require huge stomach and intestine volume to digest their food and they must constantly eat. Because they are so big and heavy, they require a lot of muscle and bone strength to constantly move and feed. And because they are at risk from predators and usually live together in a hierarchical group structure they need to be able to defend themselves and compete for food, mates, space etc. hence the strength of male gorillas, antlers of deer, horns of rhinos etc.

Thanks for the wikipedia copy and paste. But I was only referring to gorillas, and not making an argument that herbivores make up the strongest animals in wildlife.

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2014, 11:04:48 AM »
Thanks for the wikipedia copy and paste. But I was only referring to gorillas, and not making an argument that herbivores make up the strongest animals in wildlife.

Yeah I know you didn't mean it as a blanket statement, but you're comment reminded me about the ranting and raving of those vegan scum (not that any of them will ever be on here to see my post...) And you would be right to say that herbivores make up the strongest group of (land) animals, but its not because they are vegetarian as such.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2014, 11:39:39 AM »
Saw a sign one day at the Philadelphia Zoo. There was some famous gorilla there for a couple weeks. It said 900lbs. @ 6% bodyfat... From eating bananas.

Something for Roelly to shoot for.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2014, 11:39:56 AM »

Very interesting.
a good example is a python or anaconda; they can go literally weeks if not months on a single meal...and can just sit in one spot and not move for days..yet are solid muscle and extremely strong

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2014, 02:34:05 PM »
If we are to believe that humans evolved from the ape, why would we lose the ape's strength?

Simple Simon

« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2014, 02:56:12 PM »
He wasnt even trying.

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2014, 03:10:00 PM »
Gorilla vs ranger

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2014, 03:10:46 PM »
Someone told me they saw a documentary where some guy showed a silver back how to lift weights and the silverback clean and presse dlike 1000lbs. Any one else seen this? How much could  a silverback lift? With those shoulders Ill bet militarys with at least 500lbs
Hi Suckmymuscle.

Europe

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2014, 03:15:56 PM »

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2014, 03:18:52 PM »
If we are to believe that humans evolved from the ape, why would we lose the ape's strength?

It's a trade off between speed and fine motor control at one end of the scale and strength at the other end. Non-human primates maintained their strength as part of their arboreal lifestyle; humans, who moved from the forest and woodlands out into more open habitats, evolved a more upright posture, increased speed for moving, foraging and hunting and finer motor control to enable greater dexterity and manipulation of objects. Simply put, our lifestyle meant we didn't need the great strength of our ape ancestors, it was simply more of a cost to maintain it.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2014, 04:57:34 PM »
Imagine having sex with a silverback.

apparently, anabolichalo had a child with one
~

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2014, 04:59:17 PM »
Why would a gorilla want to lift anything?  I'm sure if they grabbed your arm they could bite it off or pull it off.

Chimps are always portrayed as clowns but in the wild they kill other chimps and have been known to eat other chimps.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2014, 05:10:17 PM »
Why would a gorilla want to lift anything?  I'm sure if they grabbed your arm they could bite it off or pull it off.

Chimps are always portrayed as clowns but in the wild they kill other chimps and have been known to eat other chimps.

Chimps can mutilate and kill people. They do it every year.

Couple of facts:

1) Silverbacks have a 1 inch penis.

2) (not 100% sure on this) but think gorillas have close to 100% muscular efficiency so if they can lift 1000kg once they can lift it twenty times.

Johnny Falcon would approve their vegetarian diet too. Black gorilla genetics.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2014, 05:17:39 PM »
How about gorilla v bear..................IN DA CAGEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2014, 05:20:00 PM »
How about gorilla v bear..................IN DA CAGEEEEEEEEEEEEE

What type of bear? If grizzly or polar bear my money is there. Thick hide, sharp claws and can decapitate humans with one swipe.

If Koala bear (A MARSUPIAL) he would be asleep and raped.