Author Topic: Fast Food Workers - We want $15 and hour!  (Read 17547 times)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: Fast Food Workers - We want $15 and hour!
« Reply #275 on: August 31, 2013, 04:24:26 PM »

They have a penchant for fucking things up and making things worse.  This "sculpture" "Boque for Davidson" in Davidson County was done by one of Jezebelles Professors, Andy Dunnill.  I met him and he was really an asshole.

Here is the before picture at the Davidson County Post Office.

Here is the after.  WHAT THE FUCK?

He was paid 36,000 DOLLARS FOR THIS SHIT.

Nobody likes it.

Wow.  How about $5k on landscaping?   That really looks like shite. 

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #276 on: August 31, 2013, 06:40:45 PM »
Who is this girl looks hot.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #277 on: August 31, 2013, 09:48:14 PM »

So, you believe that implementing a more elaborate/complex operation for flipping mass numbers of burgers is more efficient than the "monotonous" method used now? How do you suggest they change their operation model while remaining efficient?

I'm talking about any business to which 'efficiency experts' have taken a hatchet, not just fast food.  Factories, offices, etc.  Anywhere people do the same thing over and over, following a set procedure, without any need to think a situation through.  It's unnatural.

Yes, I believe that in the long term a company would create a stronger workforce for itself if it developed employees into good problem solvers rather than good procedure followers.  Imo, time and money lost as the cost per burger flipped rises would be repayed by things that are harder to measure.  Versatility, initiative, satisfaction (they'll care to get your order right), worker development, supervision cost savings, reduced contractor costs, etc.

I don't believe $15 would solve anything for fast food workers.  In six months they'd be just as bored and unhappy as they are now.  Possibly more so as management pushes for higher productivity under the same system.  But a guy who can do anything associated with the running of a burger joint (or a factory, office, ect), from burgers to ordering to landscaping to plant maintenance to accounting, is a bargain at $15 per hour.

I get the temptation to lock someone into a set procedure for a specific task and never let them touch another damn thing since they'll just fuck it up.  I really, really do.  It's better for the daily earnings but I don't believe its the way to go long term for the company, the worker, or the general welfare.

Current systems work on the assumption that people are just too hopeless to develop but I don't think that's true.  

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #278 on: August 31, 2013, 09:51:20 PM »
a lot of nonsense in this post. Here are some facts and things to consider:

- now, the wages are mostly going up in China. Cheap labour is moving to other Asian countries to some extent.

- the rich Chinese people desire western luxury products (e.g. Louis Vuitton, Audi..). This will of course keep western jobs in those companies for those who managed to get a relevant university education.

- a lot of businesses all over the world, also in Europe and the US, see exponential growth rates if they are able to be first movers on an emerging business segment. This is also true for some small companies.

- Creative thinking and branding can go a long way. I think the owner of the clothes company Diamond would agree as he cruises around in his Ferrari.:

Ha, I was at Ferrari of Newport Beach two weeks ago...just looking of course :(

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #279 on: August 31, 2013, 09:52:33 PM »

WillRiker

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #280 on: September 01, 2013, 08:22:41 AM »
Instead of some CEO making 30 mill a year why not cut his check to 25 mill a year and give everyone a raise. Its what happened to hostess

The CEO is offcourse worth every penny of his salary....  ::)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #281 on: September 01, 2013, 12:32:42 PM »
Just saw a show about South East Asian people working in a rubber factory, it looked horrendous.  McDonald's workers look like well paid professionals with a cushy job in comparison.

They were thankful for employment though, and they were doing full on labor.  Not hanging around chatting about white women and fucking up peoples orders.

Akeelsolid

• Getbig II
« Reply #282 on: September 01, 2013, 10:02:50 PM »
I'm talking about any business to which 'efficiency experts' have taken a hatchet, not just fast food.  Factories, offices, etc.  Anywhere people do the same thing over and over, following a set procedure, without any need to think a situation through.  It's unnatural.

Yes, I believe that in the long term a company would create a stronger workforce for itself if it developed employees into good problem solvers rather than good procedure followers.  Imo, time and money lost as the cost per burger flipped rises would be repayed by things that are harder to measure.  Versatility, initiative, satisfaction (they'll care to get your order right), worker development, supervision cost savings, reduced contractor costs, etc.

I don't believe $15 would solve anything for fast food workers.  In six months they'd be just as bored and unhappy as they are now.  Possibly more so as management pushes for higher productivity under the same system.  But a guy who can do anything associated with the running of a burger joint (or a factory, office, ect), from burgers to ordering to landscaping to plant maintenance to accounting, is a bargain at $15 per hour.

I get the temptation to lock someone into a set procedure for a specific task and never let them touch another damn thing since they'll just fuck it up.  I really, really do.  It's better for the daily earnings but I don't believe its the way to go long term for the company, the worker, or the general welfare.

Current systems work on the assumption that people are just too hopeless to develop but I don't think that's true.  

Tape-
I'm sure this is we're robotics will come into play, remedial montonous tasks, a robot could easily be programmed to do what a human does but without the perfunctory attitude, of a smoke break, being late and constantly "lousing" up orders.
It is only a matter of time when the robot will be taking your order.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #283 on: September 02, 2013, 03:50:02 PM »
15 an hour will obviously make the fast food more expensive. Do you guys want this?

maybe that will end the obesity issue in this country

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #284 on: September 02, 2013, 03:51:09 PM »
ROFLMAO!!!!

I just had to drive all the way back to Burger King just now to get my Fries that they left out of my bag.  I was the ONLY order taken in at least 10 minutes, nobody was in line. 

15 dollars an hour and they can`t even get this right. LOLOLOLOLOL

always check the bag before you leave the place

E
E

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #285 on: September 02, 2013, 03:52:51 PM »

E
::)
Yes, blame a restaurant instead of the fat ass shoving food in its mouth.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #286 on: September 02, 2013, 03:52:57 PM »

E

And kill more jobs...brilliant.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #287 on: September 02, 2013, 03:57:23 PM »
::)
Yes, blame a restaurant instead of the fat ass shoving food in its mouth.

they'll be shoving in less if they have to pay more, right?

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #288 on: September 02, 2013, 03:58:29 PM »
And kill more jobs...brilliant.

hire them to work at your gym

if they can count money at the register i'm sure they can count reps

E
E

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #289 on: September 02, 2013, 04:01:12 PM »
they'll be shoving in less if they have to pay more, right?

E
Nope.  They will just eat elsewhere. From the Grocery Store (where the majority of their food comes from)  The grocery store sells cheap enough food still.  Perhaps you want to raise the prices there as well.  Moron.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #290 on: September 02, 2013, 04:05:21 PM »
hire them to work at your gym

if they can count money at the register i'm sure they can count reps

E

Bitch please, you couldn't do my job..lol

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #291 on: September 02, 2013, 04:11:27 PM »
Nope.  They will just eat elsewhere. From the Grocery Store (where the majority of their food comes from)  The grocery store sells cheap enough food still.  Perhaps you want to raise the prices there as well.  Moron.

was that the first time they forgot your fries in your gazillion trips to the fast food restaurant?  or do you keep going back despite the bad service?

go "eat elsewhere" if you don't like the prices or service, moron

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #292 on: September 02, 2013, 04:13:15 PM »
Bitch please, you couldn't do my job..lol

i'm not telling you to hire me, hire them

create jobs :)

E
E

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #293 on: September 02, 2013, 04:14:56 PM »
You guys are not seeing the big picture here. There are supervisors/managers at other companies who barely make 15 an hour. What happens if a fry cook suddenly starts making $15 an hour? Mass strikes at almost every other service business in America.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #294 on: September 02, 2013, 04:15:48 PM »
i'm not telling you to hire me, hire them

create jobs :)

E

We are in the process of hiring sales people.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #295 on: September 02, 2013, 05:22:48 PM »

Tape-
I'm sure this is we're robotics will come into play, remedial montonous tasks, a robot could easily be programmed to do what a human does but without the perfunctory attitude, of a smoke break, being late and constantly "lousing" up orders.
It is only a matter of time when the robot will be taking your order.

I saw they automated some stuff like the drink machine.  Not sure to what degree it'll be practical since what's monotonous for a person can be complex and costly for a machine, but if it can be done there's no reason not to.  I don't have any problem with mechanization. 

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #296 on: September 02, 2013, 06:24:26 PM »
haha imagine always teste working at mac

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #297 on: September 03, 2013, 12:55:50 PM »
I saw they automated some stuff like the drink machine.  Not sure to what degree it'll be practical since what's monotonous for a person can be complex and costly for a machine, but if it can be done there's no reason not to.  I don't have any problem with mechanization. 

I've been seeing an increasing number of kiosk-type vending machines around, that sell the most unlikely things. Things that a person might otherwise get at a big-box store, etc.

The idea is that a signal is tripped when an item is running low, an online order is automatically placed and FedEx or UPS delivers it and actually stocks it into the machine.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #298 on: September 03, 2013, 01:04:03 PM »
From a purely economic standpoint, the marginally profitable stores will have to cut staff, causing an increase in wait time for food, causing a decrease in customers, causing further cuts in staff. The other option is to increase prices, but that movie ends the same way, with fewer jobs because of the decreased demand.

In either case,  Libs will start chirping that the loss of jobs is a failure of the free market.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #299 on: September 03, 2013, 01:05:00 PM »
other option is a lot of people die cause the system doesnt work anymore.