Author Topic: My Friend's Kidney Test Results.  (Read 3618 times)

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
My Friend's Kidney Test Results.
« on: September 11, 2022, 03:30:48 PM »
Maybe some Getbiggers with a medical background could interpret these findings.

No, this isn't me - the Ontario Life Labs online test results don't look like this. This is from an American friend.

He went to get his kidneys checked when he started peeing blood.

Comments on this?

Also, can any American Getbiggers help me with this one?:

My understanding is that Americans have access to free healthcare via various veteran's hospitals and so on. So you have a lower quality public system that anyone can use, but you also have a superior private option.

Under Canada's system, we basically just have the equivalent of the American veteran's hospitals. We simply don't have the option to upgrade our healthcare by paying privately, and we act like that's a good thing.

Regardless, our system here is collapsing because we've imported 10 million new Canadians, a huge swath of them being refugees and other economic migrants, so they vote Liberal - but ironically, are ultimately burdening the social services infrastructure and liberal order in the process, and I think will result in its collapse.

I'd be shocked if we have any social services in Canada by 2050.

From WWII up until now, quality of life in the West has gone up. Due to mass immigration, this is all going to change.

But am I right about American healthcare? If an American doesn't have a health plan, does he still get care at VA hospitals?

My goal is to never use Canadian healthcare. The system is so burdened, I just want nothing to do with it.

My friend's kidneys:

Stephano

• Getbig IV
Re: My Friend's Kidney Test Results.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2022, 03:34:47 PM »

My understanding is that Americans have access to free healthcare via various veteran's hospitals and so on. So you have a lower quality public system that anyone can use, but you also have a superior private option.

Only veterans have access to the VA.  There's no free healthcare for the general public in the USA... at least, not in principle.  In practice, show up at the ER and give them a phony name, and you'll get free treatment.  It's what all the illegals do, which is why the American ER system is also over-loaded, and why they over-charge normal people.

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2022, 03:47:18 PM »

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2022, 03:48:05 PM »
RIP MattC

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2022, 03:52:34 PM »
Only veterans have access to the VA.  There's no free healthcare for the general public in the USA... at least, not in principle.  In practice, show up at the ER and give them a phony name, and you'll get free treatment.  It's what all the illegals do, which is why the American ER system is also over-loaded, and why they over-charge normal people.

My friend said he doesn't have coverage, and was running a scam like that...but he also said there was some free place he could go to with a longer wait time. That sounded like a free service. But no?

Not to complain about Canada's system - it's just misleading to say it's free, and therefore perfect. Both models have flaws.

My hope is that I never need hospital care again in my life. I get the feeling the whole system here is on the trajectory to collapse.

I'm sure the USA model is strained too, for various reasons.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “No no. Down here, Louie.”
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2022, 03:53:31 PM »
Needs to up his Advil dose

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2022, 03:56:27 PM »
RIP MattC

;D ;D ;D

Is it that bad for my friend? He's getting checked for cancer tomorrow...

I mean, fuck...

It saddens me how a person can just be seemingly ok [if slightly unwell], and then the next thing they know - BOOM - cancer.

Especially now that I'm at an age where it could well happen to me tomorrow.

I hope my friend does not have cancer...

Kidney stones I can handle!

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2022, 04:09:29 PM »
This is another friend - his issue is his liver.

He was basically given a 20% of dying by today [he was given an 80% chance of surviving 90 days, given the state of his liver].

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2022, 04:11:13 PM »
His prognosis, which should be literally just about now - he was basically told there was a 20% - or 1 in 5 - chance he would be dead by now.

I hope he reads the writing on the wall this time. This wasn't the first time for him...from reading the blurb above, this is basically his 3rd or 4th serious warning to quit drinking.

Sheesh...

Stephano

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2022, 04:16:19 PM »
My friend said he doesn't have coverage, and was running a scam like that...but he also said there was some free place he could go to with a longer wait time. That sounded like a free service. But no?

Could be a charity clinic.  They exist, but mostly in big cities, and mostly (as far as I can tell) for uninsured children.

There's no Federal free clinic in the USA.  Poor people and illegal immigrants just go to their local ER and never pay the bill. 

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2022, 04:17:26 PM »
Needs to up his Advil dose

What's the worst case scenario result to my health from my Anadrol cycle?

What sort of damage to people who cycle steroids cause themselves?

I fear for my health.

It's crazy to think two of my friends may be dying. They are both younger than me.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2022, 04:24:42 PM »
Could be a charity clinic.  They exist, but mostly in big cities, and mostly (as far as I can tell) for uninsured children.

There's no Federal free clinic in the USA.  Poor people and illegal immigrants just go to their local ER and never pay the bill.

Legal immigrants are burdening our system in Canada. Indigenous people use a disproportionately large amount of healthcare services as well. We can't talk about that, so we blame the "unvaccinated". As if any healthy unvaccinated person has had any problems.

They won't be able to address the real issues here, so they make other excuses up.

In Canada, while we do have free healthcare, you do need to present your healthcare card, and requisition forms, etc.

I was doing that once, and the Indigenous woman who came after me had none of those documents. This required one of the hospital's staff members to have to fax her doctor to get the forms.

All because she couldn't even bring in a damn form to receive FREE healthcare.

And no one will address this. Meanwhile, you'll get article after article claiming Canada's healthcare system is racist. It's truly insane.

In the USA, I heard that many hospitals in California had to close because they were so severely burdened by illegal immigrants.

The healthcare systems of both countries seem burdened...and I don't expect either country to give the real reasons why...

I wish I could buy some private American healthcare insurance. The Canadian government won't allow us to buy private coverage.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2022, 04:27:52 PM »
What's the worst case scenario result to my health from my Anadrol cycle?

What sort of damage to people who cycle steroids cause themselves?

I fear for my health.

It's crazy to think two of my friends may be dying. They are both younger than me.

Matt, the drol cycle you did didn’t do any harm. Don’t even worry about it.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2022, 04:28:02 PM »
This is a very basic rundown of health insurance in the U.S.

VA stands for Veterans Affairs. Unless someone if a Veteran or under some circumstances a family member of a vet can they go to the VA hospital. Tricare is the uniformed services healthcare program for active-duty service members and their immediate families, wife/husband and children. So, unless your friend is either a veteran, disabled veteran, active service member or their dependent child, the VA is not an option. Veterans’ hospitals can be found in some U.S. cities and on military bases.

Medicare is for folks on Social Security or Social Security Disability. They can go pretty much anywhere for services except there is nothing requiring doctors to accept patients on Medicare.

Medicaid is health insurance at the state level. Insurance is available to some people with minimal/low incomes. Like with Medicare these folks can get services anywhere that accepts this insurance.

Then there is The Affordable Healthcare Act plans (Obamacare). Like with Medicare and Medicaid a person must qualify for it. It is not available to everyone.

67% of the U.S. population uses private healthcare insurance providers. There are a multitude of different plans offered and priced according to the individual plan.

Anyone can go to Urgent care facilities and hospital emergency rooms whether they have insurance or not. The caveat is that the ER is for emergencies only. Likewise Urgent care accepts people who have an urgent need for medical assistance which includes folks with and without medical insurance.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2022, 04:34:08 PM »
His prognosis, which should be literally just about now - he was basically told there was a 20% - or 1 in 5 - chance he would be dead by now.

I hope he reads the writing on the wall this time. This wasn't the first time for him...from reading the blurb above, this is basically his 3rd or 4th serious warning to quit drinking.

Sheesh...

Did you mention whether your friend lives in the U.S. or Canada. If he is a U.S. citizen and he has end stage kidney failure would qualify for disability and thusly Medicare. Applying for and qualifying for disability is complicated and takes a long time. If he/she is acutely ill, he/she would likely die before qualifying.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2022, 04:41:37 PM »
Matt, the drol cycle you did didn’t do any harm. Don’t even worry about it.

Do you think there is any way I can incorporate gear into my life without taking serious health risks?

My major areas of concern would probably be kidneys, liver, and heart.

Steroids improve everything, IMO. Not to say I have any problem with natural training.

It's fine.

But it's just not like juiced training.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2022, 04:43:52 PM »
Do you think there is any way I can incorporate gear into my life without taking serious health risks?

Steroids improve everything, IMO. Not to say I have any problem with natural training.

It's fine.

Yes I do think you can do it safely. Just start trt and throw in low dose deca once a year and a low dose drol or dbol cycle once a year as well. If you eat clean and do cardio and see the dr you will be better off than if you go out drinking.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2022, 04:44:52 PM »
Matty,

Based on this picture below...

Right kidney looks ok. It has a small enough and non-obstructing kidney stone, which likely makes it asymptomatic. No worries there.

The left kidney isn't doing as good. There is evidence of Hydronephrosis, which is when you have kidneys that become swollen usually as a result of urine building up in them. The left kidney also has a kidney stone that is about 0.8cm (that's big - large kidney stones are typically anything 5mm or half a centimeter, that kidney has a 0.8cm stone in it). The likely cause of the hydronephrosis is the kidney stone that is lodged in between the ureter that connects the kidney to the bladder, which then causes urine to not travel from the kidney to the bladder with associated back flow and resultant swelling of the kidney.

The short and sweet of it, your friend will die of AIDS. The other side of it is that it will have nothing to do with his kidneys.

Tell him to drink tons of water (not all in one sitting) and avoid soda drinks and foods that promote calcium release/retention. If the pain becomes really bad, go to your local Emergency Department, have Nephrology see him and prep him for a lithotripsy, shockwave therapy or a scoping where they remove the stones by hand (ureteroscopic stone removal).

Your friend,

"1"

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2022, 04:45:43 PM »
Looks like he will die real soon

RIP

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2022, 04:45:51 PM »
This is a very basic rundown of health insurance in the U.S.

VA stands for Veterans Affairs. Unless someone if a Veteran or under some circumstances a family member of a vet can they go to the VA hospital. Tricare is the uniformed services healthcare program for active-duty service members and their immediate families, wife/husband and children. So, unless your friend is either a veteran, disabled veteran, active service member or their dependent child, the VA is not an option. Veterans’ hospitals can be found in some U.S. cities and on military bases.

Medicare is for folks on Social Security or Social Security Disability. They can go pretty much anywhere for services except there is nothing requiring doctors to accept patients on Medicare.

Medicaid is health insurance at the state level. Insurance is available to some people with minimal/low incomes. Like with Medicare these folks can get services anywhere that accepts this insurance.

Then there is The Affordable Healthcare Act plans (Obamacare). Like with Medicare and Medicaid a person must qualify for it. It is not available to everyone.

67% of the U.S. population uses private healthcare insurance providers. There are a multitude of different plans offered and priced according to the individual plan.

Anyone can go to Urgent care facilities and hospital emergency rooms whether they have insurance or not. The caveat is that the ER is for emergencies only. Likewise Urgent care accepts people who have an urgent need for medical assistance which includes folks with and without medical insurance.

Interesting.

The US healthcare system sounds pretty good. Maybe it's worse for some people - like the working poor - but it would be better for me, and anyone who can afford a private health insurance plan.

So Wiggs is covered for life under the VA healthcare system?

Wiggs is owed a debt of gratitude for his service!

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2022, 04:47:20 PM »
Did you mention whether your friend lives in the U.S. or Canada. If he is a U.S. citizen and he has end stage kidney failure would qualify for disability and thusly Medicare. Applying for and qualifying for disability is complicated and takes a long time. If he/she is acutely ill, he/she would likely die before qualifying.

That's how Canada's healthcare system often is!

My friend with the kidney problems is American.

My friend with the liver problems is Canadian.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2022, 04:49:14 PM »
Yes I do think you can do it safely. Just start trt and throw in low dose deca once a year and a low dose drol or dbol cycle once a year as well. If you eat clean and do cardio and see the dr you will be better off than if you go out drinking.

We must have a solid 2-3 decades of TRT data by now. How's it looking?

Also, someone asked me what the minimum effective dose of Anadrol is. I know it is effective on as little as 12.5mg daily. Can someone go lower?

I may have asked this already, lol.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2022, 04:53:00 PM »
Matty,

Based on this picture below...

Right kidney looks ok. It has a small enough and non-obstructing kidney stone, which likely makes it asymptomatic. No worries there.

The left kidney isn't doing as good. There is evidence of Hydronephrosis, which is when you have kidneys that become swollen usually as a result of urine building up in them. The left kidney also has a kidney stone that is about 0.8cm (that's big - large kidney stones are typically anything 5mm or half a centimeter, that kidney has a 0.8cm stone in it). The likely cause of the hydronephrosis is the kidney stone that is lodged in between the ureter that connects the kidney to the bladder, which then causes urine to not travel from the kidney to the bladder with associated back flow and resultant swelling of the kidney.

The short and sweet of it, your friend will die of AIDS. The other side of it is that it will have nothing to do with his kidneys.

Tell him to drink tons of water (not all in one sitting) and avoid soda drinks and foods that promote calcium release/retention. If the pain becomes really bad, go to your local Emergency Department, have Nephrology see him and prep him for a lithotripsy, shockwave therapy or a scoping where they remove the stones by hand (ureteroscopic stone removal).

Your friend,

"1"

Damn...

I will let him know immediately. Thanks OMR.

He was in the same state of malaise I was in, say this time last year, and as recently as about February.

He dealt with it through heavy drinking and...well...this is what we have...

I fear for his health, and I hope he can recover.

He wanted a Dirt Nap [we both did], but I feel like this is not the way he wanted to go.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2022, 05:00:00 PM »

It's fine.

YYou do realize you've already asked this question several times? And folks have responded. Are you shopping for a particular reply? Do you plan to continue asking the question until you get the answer you want?

The answer is that you can incorporate gear into your life and there's always some risk involved. You are either willing to take the unknowable risk or you are not. Everything we do in life poses some risk. Some choices are riskier than others.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2022, 05:04:48 PM »
Interesting.

The US healthcare system sounds pretty good. Maybe it's worse for some people - like the working poor - but it would be better for me, and anyone who can afford a private health insurance plan.

So Wiggs is covered for life under the VA healthcare system?

Wiggs is owed a debt of gratitude for his service!

Yes and no. Only service related health issues and conditions are covered.