Author Topic: Nick Walker lookin' UNBEATABLE 12 weeks out !!  (Read 11984 times)

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
Re: Nick Walker lookin' UNBEATABLE 12 weeks out !!
« Reply #75 on: October 02, 2022, 10:44:16 AM »
I really wish we would and I mean early to mid-90's at best. Once we got to the "holy shit they look too fucking big" era, it just lost a lot of appeal.

Levrone at the 1992 Mr. Olympia:

Shawn Ray in the 90's:

I just felt it was as big as they should have gotten without looking so Kai Greene'ish..

But fuck do I know..

"1"

What a package stuffing on kai

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2022, 10:44:23 AM »
that pic is taken at revive and nick hasnt been there in a while
That pic was taken 2 days ago …. And Nick is back at Revive and back with Jansen

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2022, 10:49:54 AM »
The real question for Dick Walker is “is his organs unbeatable in the long term?”

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2022, 02:20:52 PM »
Why were all the 90's guys so grooved out from the waist up but soft from from the waist down? Flex Wheeler didn't have diced hamstrings once in his career. Now every top pro has steel corded grooved out hamstrings and glutes. Same with Levrone

I've asked this of others. Everyone has striated glutes now, from Olympia stage down to the 115lbs natural twinks. Either it's the drugs, and GH sure helps to keep lean throughout the year or guys just diet harder nowadays. I know the oldtimers don't want to hear it, that the guys simply diet way harder nowadays, but there's for sure an element of that. I have friends who got shredded glutes on just basic anabolics, so what other than diet causes this. I'd love to hear other opinions.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #79 on: October 02, 2022, 02:34:29 PM »
I've asked this of others. Everyone has striated glutes now, from Olympia stage down to the 115lbs natural twinks. Either it's the drugs, and GH sure helps to keep lean throughout the year or guys just diet harder nowadays. I know the oldtimers don't want to hear it, that the guys simply diet way harder nowadays, but there's for sure an element of that. I have friends who got shredded glutes on just basic anabolics, so what other than diet causes this. I'd love to hear other opinions.

The problem when people start asking for old school condition is they are asking for a diuretic and stimulant obtained look which is extremely unhealthy and dangerous. Let the guys be big and cut but overly dry on diuretics and stimulants is a kidney and liver combination killer

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #80 on: October 02, 2022, 03:04:43 PM »
Getbig says he is no Mark D.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2022, 03:50:06 PM »
You can polish a turd,but it`s still a turd.

Nick is a turd par excellence` !!

Titus Pullo

• Getbig III
« Reply #82 on: October 02, 2022, 03:55:14 PM »
The new Branch Warren.
A fucking gargoyle.

I think he's even worse than the ugly goblin Branch degenerated into.  Walker just has an ugly body.  Branch actually looked great as a rookie pro.  He lacked in some areas but what he did have, he had in spades.  I look at Nicky boy and see lots of size but I'm just not impressed.  Stumpy limbs, a thick waist and tons of veins atop veins is a shitty look.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #83 on: October 02, 2022, 04:08:00 PM »
23 inch arms
40 inch waist
23 inch calves
The V-taper of my garage door

Seems like a nice guy. I wish him well.
a

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: October 02, 2022, 04:13:17 PM »
Brutal if true

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #85 on: October 02, 2022, 04:31:46 PM »
Cannot wait for this worm-riddled turd to sneeze blood on stage and fall over dead. 

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: October 04, 2022, 02:04:49 AM »
I can see why he was popular on gay sites.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #87 on: October 04, 2022, 02:54:36 AM »
The problem when people start asking for old school condition is they are asking for a diuretic and stimulant obtained look which is extremely unhealthy and dangerous. Let the guys be big and cut but overly dry on diuretics and stimulants is a kidney and liver combination killer

Overall they are harder today actually. Just slightly. At least the glutes weren't in as often in the 90s. There might be slightly higher water levels today. They still use diuretics probably just as much but they know better how far to push it. In the cases such as Dallas, I would point the finger att AAS and GH actually.

Stimulants? They all use clen which isn't supposed to be a stimulant, but is for some. Ephedrine yeah, but Adderall is more popular it seems. Heavy stims can cause instant death especially if you get all jacked up the day before a show when you're really dehydrated. So far we haven't seen any cases though. Over time speed can cause heart failure but otoh there are a lot of oldtimers with no problems after decades of prescribed low dose use.

phil mcgroin

• Getbig III
« Reply #88 on: October 04, 2022, 03:05:04 AM »
That pic was taken 2 days ago …. And Nick is back at Revive and back with Jansen
[/

i heard he was backwith jansen but didnt know he was back at revive,my bad]

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #89 on: October 04, 2022, 03:14:35 AM »

Yes, they are certainly a lot safer with their drug regimes, these days ;D

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #90 on: October 04, 2022, 04:21:44 AM »
Looks nuts, Top 3 for sure :o He's also with Matt Jansen now (former coach of Dallas McCarver)

I was in Dragons Lair a couple weeks ago and was on my phone sitting on the couches behind the front desk - above them is Dalls McCravers white Carrillo belt - thought that was cool

RIP

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #91 on: October 04, 2022, 04:27:22 AM »
Looks disgusting as usual.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #92 on: October 04, 2022, 04:31:17 AM »
To be fair, even Tom Platz might have to take a back seat to Munzer

agreed, Munzer had some of the best legs from the front.  Maybe the best quads of all time?  He had some height over Platz too, so the difference would be even more pronounced next to each other or in a lineup

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: October 04, 2022, 04:35:32 AM »

great question.  More sophisticated/effective diets and carbup protocols?  Maybe it took 10-20 years to iron the kinks out of the techniques?

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #94 on: October 04, 2022, 04:58:16 AM »
great question.  More sophisticated/effective diets and carbup protocols?  Maybe it took 10-20 years to iron the kinks out of the techniques?

I don't know. I mean the most popular way nowadays to diet is: figure out the amount of deficit you want to start out in. Set a specific protein intake that is not touched much during the diet. Fill the rest of the calories with your preferable ratio of carbs to fat. I would say most opt for lowish fat. Then all you do is reduce the carbs week by week. And/or manipulate cardio volume. It doesn't seem sophisticated at all to me.

Palumbo actually has a precontest diet where oftentimes the diet isn't altered much. When the diet stops working he increases the drugs and/or cardio.
My friend who is set to compete in a month has a 2K diet plan. He jumps on it 16 or 12 weeks before depending on how fat he is and keeps the calories at 2000 throughout.

I just roll my eyes at carb loading. I mean yes, more carbs can give you more "fullness" but in most cases the change from depleted to full is minimal. If you're in shape you are in shape, carb load or no carb load.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: October 04, 2022, 07:44:43 AM »
I agree with you, just throwing ideas out. 

Honestly the competitors of today seem to diet less hard than competitors from the 80s and early 90s, in that calories and carbs seem to stay higher than they did back then.  Doesnt seem like BBers go hungry much.  You could attribute that to the insulin necessitating higher carb intake throughout.  But even back then when they'd 'starve' and diet harder they never really got shredded glutes until Gaspari i believe

So what is everyone doing differently now from back then that's turning out these dry glute/ham areas? 

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #96 on: October 04, 2022, 07:47:49 AM »
They don`t diet as hard as the guys from the 90`s did..........ridiculous!!

They just take more GH,insulin,and lord knows what else.

balzac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #97 on: October 06, 2022, 12:43:35 PM »

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: October 06, 2022, 12:46:52 PM »
Cannot wait for this worm-riddled turd to sneeze blood on stage and fall over dead.

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #99 on: October 06, 2022, 01:05:08 PM »
Dudes a fucking premadonna, Fouad just dropped him from Hostile because he wouldn't agree to stand at the Hostile booth at the Olympia and Arnold for only 1 hour a day. What a fucking douche. Every fucking Mr. Olympia stood at booths on Olympia weekend while competing,  especially his idol Jay Cutler. Hopefully this guy gets smoked at the O.