Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Steroids Info & Hardcore

Blood work knowledge & HCG's effect on HPTA

<< < (7/8) > >>

MarvinEderFan:
Good idea if we compiled a small list of what you ought to get checked and in order of priority...

Sort of like this:

Cholesterol
kidney numbers
liver numbers (important on oxy)
glucose tolerance (important on GH)

etc...so next to the test you can add which tests are more important on which drugs.

ritch:
Good read. Now I'm the idiot who has blood drawn and should have read this first before going to the clinic lol!

I was asking the doc lot's of questions and she was kinda not wanting to check everything off, but will get news from what was checked nontheless. I guess if the news is bad, they will want more tests done and I will have more info to go from.

Still, I should have gone there armed with more info...

Overload:

--- Quote from: ritch on April 08, 2015, 07:26:52 PM ---Good read. Now I'm the idiot who has blood drawn and should have read this first before going to the clinic lol!

I was asking the doc lot's of questions and she was kinda not wanting to check everything off, but will get news from what was checked nontheless. I guess if the news is bad, they will want more tests done and I will have more info to go from.

Still, I should have gone there armed with more info...

--- End quote ---

I've learned that Doctors like to have educated patients.  My Doctor doesn't mind answering educated questions and likes when i ask questions about my results.  When bad results come back, it's easier to have an educated discussion over the plan of action if you understand the basics.

8)

ritch:

--- Quote from: Overload on May 05, 2015, 10:53:57 AM ---I've learned that Doctors like to have educated patients.  My Doctor doesn't mind answering educated questions and likes when i ask questions about my results.  When bad results come back, it's easier to have an educated discussion over the plan of action if you understand the basics.

8)

--- End quote ---

Indeed, she looked at me for the explanations as to why my liver enzymes were at 85 (normal for guys who train and eat the way we do but high on the test...) my only off reading was that.

She also assumed I knew the proper/ideal ranges as she was giving me the numbers, because I do really appear (hate to say this) smarter than I am, lol...

Primemuscle:
When I have complete blood work once a year as part of my annual physical it is very comprehensive. I have additional blood work done two more times a year. One which is requested by my urologist and the other by my primary care doctor. If I want all the gory details, I just ask and they will explain it. Essentially, they and I am looking for everything to be in the normal range or at least close to it. I don't feel like I need a doctorate to understand the blood tests.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version