Author Topic: Blue Shield of California seeks rate hikes of as much as 59% due to BamaCare  (Read 7491 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
The thread is more about individual policies. But, if those policy premiums increase, why wouldn't employer provided policy premiums increase?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
But, Kenyacare is supposed to fix that. That is what Obama claimed. He even said that it would bring down the premium the companies had to pay for insurance that employees would get a raise or it would result in salary increases for workers. Lets see if it does when it is in full effect.

just what the insurance companies want you to be talking about.playing you like a violin ;D

MB

• Getbig IV
just what the insurance companies want you to be talking about.playing you like a violin ;D

If you agree that the insurance companies are the ones to blame, why do you support a mandate to buy from them? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Common sense. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Blue Shield of California seeks rate hikes of as much as 59% due to BamaCare is what this topic is about,i'm saying the reason their givng is bull sh#t. i agree alot of the shit in the healthcare system has to be changed

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
and WHO is forcing me by law to buy thir shitty products with ZERO competition and cost control, or lower priced options? 

no one

you can still go out and buy whatever you want can't you?

competition is exactly the same as before this legislation went into effect

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Why do you keep mentioning insurance companies?  I am repeating what Obama stated. If kenyacare is the solution, as Obama and Dems stated, then insurance companies should not be able to increase premiums for individual or employer provided health insurance policies. Supposedly, kenyacare is going to decrease premiums. If that were true, if the mechanisms of kenyacare were sound, insurance companies would not be able to increase premiums.

Either obamacare lives up to its claims or it doesn't. Can't have it both ways. "Well, ah, ah, obamacare does decrease premiums but those evil insurance companies keep raising them for no reason." That's pure bs.

Seems like Obama played you for your vote.

MM2K

• Getbig IV
The thread is more about individual policies. But, if those policy premiums increase, why wouldn't employer provided policy premiums increase?

Employer Provided Policy premiums will be the last to increase because of thier financial clout and higher bargaining power due to thier larger pools. But they also will eventually increase.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
again the topic is Blue Shield of California seeks rate hikes of as much as 59% due to BamaCare. lets go slooooow the rate hike is for profit and bamacare is the excuess ;D

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
again the topic is Blue Shield of California seeks rate hikes of as much as 59% due to BamaCare. lets go slooooow the rate hike is for profit and bamacare is the excuess ;D

lets go slooooooow for you. Various parts of Obamacare have already been implemented (I.E. elimination of preconditions for children) which has caused companies to either eliminate such coverage altogether or hike up the rates.  Don't minimize its early effect.

Once, the entire garbage legislation is implemented, premiums are going to increase even more. There is no way that an additional 20 to 30 million people can be brought under insurance coverage without there being premium increases.  But, then again, by that time you will tell us that we should be happy because without kenyacare, premiums would have been higher. Pretty much the same false argument that is made for the failed obama stimulus legislation.

Is that sloooooooooow enough for you. Again, Obama played you for your vote.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Bamcare is another madoff scam.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Too bad Obama can't become Madoff's cellmate.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I trust madoff more than bama.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
ok lets go slooooooooower ;D read my post

Blue Shield of California seeks rate hikes of as much as 59% due to BamaCare is what this topic is about,i'm saying the reason their givng is bull sh#t. i agree alot of the shit in the healthcare system has to be changed

lets change the parts of the bill that don't work, in stead of voting in  morons that just think up the retarded names like kenyacare. oh you can call palin and tell her i used retard

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
I trust madoff more than bama.

you should tell that to your clients

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Most of clients hate obama. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Most of clients hate obama. 

bird of a feather I guess

but I'm sure it would instill even more confidence if you told them you trust Madoff more than Obama.  I'm sure some of your clients hate this country enough to admire such a statement

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Why?  Most people I know think they are thw same.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Why?  Most people I know think they are thw same.

then most of the people you know are profoundly stupid

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Why?   What's the difference between the two? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
insurance commissioner to Blue Shield: Delay rate hike 
 Source: LA Times

California’s new insurance commissioner called Thursday for health insurer Blue Shield of California to delay controversial new rate hikes for 60 days, saying recent increases by the industry were alarming.

On the job since Monday, Commissioner Dave Jones said he wants to take a closer look at the Blue Shield increases planned for nearly 200,000 individual policyholders, whose rates would rise for the third time since October -- some as much as 59% total.

“I believe the premium increases are unsustainable,” Jones said in a meeting with The Times, referring to successive rate hikes in recent years by Blue Shield and its competitors in California. “I think we need to scrutinize everybody.”

(snip)

“The people of California have a right to be concerned when they see this kind of rate increase month after month,” Sebelius said in a statement. “We have reached out to Commissioner Jones and know he is doing everything in his power to help consumers. We stand ready to assist him and the people of California in any way that we can.”

Read more: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/money_co/2011/01/califo...

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
then most of the people you know are profoundly stupid

Can't be any dumber than you, or do we need to dig up your ever-increasing history of ridiculously embarrassing posts?

Paging George Washington, paging George Washington.