Author Topic: Bulking is a terrible idea  (Read 128185 times)

be back

Re: Bulking is a terrible idea
« Reply #475 on: February 04, 2018, 12:07:31 PM »
Clearly no one is going to answer my questions

Let’s leave it at that,
Going round & round & skirting the issue is going no where.

Arnold, Dorian, Ronnie, Demayo, Platz, Bertil All had their training wrong
And wasted years of time when they could have just done isolation exercises  ::)

And I have a bridge for sale & the earth is flat.

I have answered it a few times, I think you can develop a bicep just as well with strict seated dumbell curls just as well as standing barbell curls throwing the weight around with the movement coming from your toes and arching your low back.
Even 1 arm concentration curls, why not if you stress the biceps to failure, its still bicep failure regardless of how many ancillary muscles you use?
At the end of the day you are working biceps.

no ones saying they are wrong, its not a one size fits all strategy to muscle growth.

They all work.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #476 on: February 04, 2018, 12:15:08 PM »
Most people don't squat because it's a hard exercise. Truth be told doing a bench is easier from the exertion stand point than most exercises hence it's popularity. Squats are a great exercise but not a necessity. Look at Yates and Dillet.  They used squats and hacks as their main quad exercises.

be back

« Reply #477 on: February 04, 2018, 12:18:37 PM »
Most people don't squat because it's a hard exercise. Truth be told doing a bench is easier from the exertion stand point than most exercises hence it's popularity. Squats are a great exercise but not a necessity. Look at Yates and Dillet.  They used squats and hacks as their main quad exercises.

Yates didnt squat heavy after 88, he always said he didnt rate squats as his main leg builder, he cited injuries from them..

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #478 on: February 04, 2018, 12:21:25 PM »
i dont think its necessary to squat but i dont think leg extensions is enough to replace it.

i also think some squatters have very poor hamstring development.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #479 on: February 04, 2018, 12:21:33 PM »
I have answered it a few times, I think you can develop a bicep just as well with strict seated dumbell curls just as well as standing barbell curls throwing the weight around with the movement coming from your toes and arching your low back.
Even 1 arm concentration curls, why not if you stress the biceps to failure, its still bicep failure regardless of how many ancillary muscles you use?
At the end of the day you are working biceps.

no ones saying they are wrong, its not a one size fits all strategy to muscle growth.

They all work.

You believe that Arnold & the rest could have achieved the same physiques & Muscular development
From just doing isolation exercises - Thanks for answering.

I disagree & looking at their training routines it’s a fair bet to say they didn’t think they could achieve
The same development from just isolation exercises going To faliure or not.

be back

« Reply #480 on: February 04, 2018, 12:41:59 PM »

You believe that Arnold & the rest could have achieved the same physiques & Muscular development
From just doing isolation exercises - Thanks for answering.

I disagree & looking at their training routines it’s a fair bet to say they didn’t think they could achieve
The same development from just isolation exercises going To faliure or not.

But bodybuilders today carry more muscle than bodybuilders from the 70s
Not a great look for me, but lots of todays pros train nothing like Arnold
Arnold and Co used to train twice a day for 2 hours at a time????

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #481 on: February 04, 2018, 12:56:21 PM »

They don’t carry more than Dorian & Ronnie
And they didn’t train twice a day 2hrs at a time
And They didn’t exclusively use just isolation exercises to failure.

Do Phil, Kai, Ramy, Dexter, Bonac etc train to failure exclusively on isolation exercises?

If not why not if they can all achieve the same muscular results.

be back

« Reply #482 on: February 04, 2018, 01:00:12 PM »
They don’t carry more than Dorian & Ronnie
And they didn’t train twice a day 2hrs at a time
And They didn’t exclusively use just isolation exercises to failure.

Do Phil, Kai, Ramy, Dexter, Bonac etc train to failure exclusively on isolation exercises?

If not why not if they can all achieve the same muscular results.

people tend to do the exercises they like doing, they all work, no one really does exercises they hate simply because they believe they are going to get them the best gains.
I prefer moderate poundages under full control, I believe that will keep me injury free while still allowing me to progress.

Could I go heavier with a looser form, sure, am I going to get injured , maybe, maybe not...

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #483 on: February 04, 2018, 01:20:48 PM »
people tend to do the exercises they like doing, they all work, no one really does exercises they hate simply because they believe they are going to get them the best gains.
I prefer moderate poundages under full control, I believe that will keep me injury free while still allowing me to progress.

Could I go heavier with a looser form, sure, am I going to get injured , maybe, maybe not...

Wandering off topic with that answer.
So all the top bodybuilders are doing just what exercises they like.
With no rhyme or reason just enjoyment.

I do front squats - T Bar Rows - Deadlifts & I really don’t enjoy them
I do them because they work far better for me than Leg Extensions- Straight arm pull downs - Hyperextension
They are all much easier & comfortable to do - Only they produce less results.

be back

« Reply #484 on: February 04, 2018, 01:37:29 PM »
Wandering off topic with that answer.
So all the top bodybuilders are doing just what exercises they like.
With no rhyme or reason just enjoyment.

I do them because they work far better for me than Leg Extensions- Straight arm pull downs - Hyperextension

they are doing exercises what work best for them, so yes, I believe they do enjoy doing them, most people who dont enjoy doing something tend to look for ways not to do it.

I enjoy going to the gym to train, back in 96 after I competed it got to the point where I stopped enjoying it, so I stopped going.
If I had to do exercises I didnt like I wouldnt go.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #485 on: February 04, 2018, 02:04:26 PM »
Hmmmm.....

Nice way to ignore the elephant in the room

2 of these newer compounds have given these turds 30-40 pounds

Guess which two?

be back

« Reply #486 on: February 04, 2018, 02:08:59 PM »

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #487 on: February 04, 2018, 02:29:40 PM »
The key to epic gains is sleeping on the floor, preferably with guns and knives surrounding you, really taps into REM sleep and circadian rhythm.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #488 on: February 04, 2018, 03:32:57 PM »
The key to epic gains is sleeping on the floor, preferably with guns and knives surrounding you, really taps into REM sleep and circadian rhythm.

Works better than gh and slin ???

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #489 on: February 04, 2018, 04:38:00 PM »
Works better than gh and slin ???
Not sure, but for sure it's cheaper, no need to spend money on a bedroom set or mattress. Been sleeping on the ground and feel like break dancing when I wake up!

sceagacros

• Getbig III
  • Happy holidays, have you considered suicide?
« Reply #490 on: February 04, 2018, 10:44:21 PM »

Not a bodybuilder, but I will say that years of front squats and Romanian deadlifts, neither of which I particularly enjoy, have given me more return on my investment than any other exercises I can think of - cleans maybe, but I enjoy them so they aren't quite the same. Most of my movements are compounds , I could easily get by with no isolations but hammer curls and rear/side laterals.
I agree that there are many ways to build muscle , but some give more return on your investment for sure.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #491 on: February 04, 2018, 11:07:51 PM »
Why you going to strip clubs dude? Go to a nightclub and show off your hard work, mack on some Polish hoes, hit the dancefloor and seduce them with the aesthetics! But advice sounds right, I mean if you dont want to develop something don't train it, makes sense.

Are you ever not nice? Does the constant stream of positivity just naturally flow or was it a
conscious decision?

He actually said the whore told him, "I should be paying you?" How many times have you
heard a guy that drips with insecurity say that. Reading his post how could you not feel
like throwing up or at least shaking your head in disgust?

You make me feel like a horrible person. And quit smiling once in a while. Seriously, is life that
good?

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #492 on: February 04, 2018, 11:36:25 PM »

They don’t carry more muscle. The muscle mass these cats build with gh and insulin is not the same as with steroids. If all the pros came off peptides and could only use AAS I bet the guys from the 70’s and 80’s would carry more lean tissue.
l

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #493 on: February 05, 2018, 12:07:33 AM »
Are you ever not nice? Does the constant stream of positivity just naturally flow or was it a
conscious decision?

He actually said the whore told him, "I should be paying you?" How many times have you
heard a guy that drips with insecurity say that. Reading his post how could you not feel
like throwing up or at least shaking your head in disgust?

You make me feel like a horrible person. And quit smiling once in a while. Seriously, is life that
good?

My physique DESTROYS your turtle 🐢 belly

No, I never get any comps on my physique irl lulz

I get comps on a regular basis shitstain

be back

« Reply #494 on: February 05, 2018, 12:12:09 AM »
I have decided to do a bodybuilding show, its in 4 weeks, I am now going to start training legs, I will gain 40lbs of lean mass by the weekend

watch out brosefs...

chuckles

« Reply #495 on: February 05, 2018, 01:19:12 AM »

utter nonsense you're just rambling on now. Of course you're going to choose the most productive exercises for the best gains.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #496 on: February 05, 2018, 01:22:20 AM »
My physique DESTROYS your turtle 🐢 belly

No, I never get any comps on my physique irl lulz

I get comps on a regular basis shitstain

Yes, of course. We know that. We all know that. We know that because that's what
you tell us.

You are in your forties telling complete strangers on a message board how much better your body
is than ours are. You are in your forties telling complete strangers on a message board how women
tell you have such a great body. You are in your forties and still live off an allowance that your
mom gives you. Instead of using this free ride to plan for the future you go to the gym three times
a day.

The years go fast. Mommy won't always be around. Fifty years old will come very fast. Then sixy. The body is going to start going down hill no matter what you do.

"What have I done? What have I done with my life."

be back

« Reply #497 on: February 05, 2018, 01:22:56 AM »
utter nonsense you're just rambling on now. Of course you're going to choose the most productive exercises for the best gains.

I do the exercises I enjoy doing, I may get better results from skull crushers but I don't do them because they hurt my elbows and don't feel right.

I think Im doing OK at 52 even though I seem to be choosing all the wrong exercises, now if I could just convince myself to squat and deadlift I could be a multi Mr O.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #498 on: February 05, 2018, 01:24:38 AM »
Penis turtle 🐢

Age doesn't bother me or effect me dummy

Could run a sub 5 minute mile if I trained for it

be back

« Reply #499 on: February 05, 2018, 03:12:08 AM »
Im going to win a Gold medal at the next Olympics, I just need to find my old training shoes, I will be at world record pace by the end of the week