Author Topic: Bulking is a terrible idea  (Read 128176 times)

chuckles

Re: Bulking is a terrible idea
« Reply #525 on: February 05, 2018, 12:15:06 PM »
post a pic or fuck off gimmick..
you said you were a sprinter you must know these things. maybe not.

be back

« Reply #526 on: February 05, 2018, 12:16:34 PM »
you said you were a sprinter you must know these things. maybe not.

you have given yorself way now 8 inch not biceps/trainer...

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #527 on: February 05, 2018, 12:20:55 PM »
Haha, well DJ was saying he works out purely to get bitches, so whats the point of going through all that training and drugs to go to a strip club or whorehouse where anyone can get laid. But yeah, I'm a positive guy, life's too short to be walking around pissed off, plus dude we're in Hawaii how bad can life be? ;D

True.

You're a good guy.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #528 on: February 05, 2018, 12:21:54 PM »
maybe go 4 it is having prozac with each of his 6 daily meals  ???

chuckles

« Reply #529 on: February 05, 2018, 12:23:07 PM »
you have given yorself way now 8 inch not biceps/trainer...
I do not understand what you mean but i do understand your lack of knowledge of anatomy & athletics. you were never a sprinter in fact who's leg pictures are you posting? by the way i like your spelling "Yorself"

be back

« Reply #530 on: February 05, 2018, 12:29:31 PM »
I do not understand what you mean but i do understand your lack of knowledge of anatomy & athletics. you were never a sprinter in fact who's leg pictures are you posting? by the way i like your spelling "Yorself"

Your style is a dead giveaway mate
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?action=profile;u=9387;sa=showPosts
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=539981.0

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #531 on: February 05, 2018, 12:40:50 PM »

You seem very knowledgeable but proof is in the puddle. All the talk in the world means nothing unless
backed by real world proof. Why do you keep ignoring the request to post a pic as proof of the validity
of your theories?

be back

« Reply #532 on: February 05, 2018, 12:48:05 PM »
You seem very knowledgeable but proof is in the puddle. All the talk in the world means nothing unless
backed by real world proof. Why do you keep ignoring the request to post a pic as proof of the validity
of your theories?

he only ever posted a pic of a black bodybuilder from the 80s.

Guys a toss pot.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #533 on: February 05, 2018, 01:06:43 PM »
I had muscular legs before I touched a weight, I was aways a good sprinter...

Why don't you answer the question directly?

I'm assuming you squatted early on, because you cited injuries. So how much did your legs grow from squatting? How much strength did you gain?

be back

« Reply #534 on: February 05, 2018, 01:17:57 PM »

I'm assuming you squatted early on, because you cited injuries. So how much did your legs grow from squatting? How much strength did you gain?

I have answered the question multiple times, I have only squatted for very short periods and never heavy, they always give me back problems.

FFS how many times do I have to say it

If anyone can provide me with scientific evidence why a squat can give you more muscle growth hwen you muscle has zero idea that you are squatting

If you squat and that is the best way for you to totally stress that muscle then thats fine, if you can use another exercise thats fine as well.

The low back will ALWAYS give out before your thigh's the heavier you go with a bar across your back

chuckles

« Reply #535 on: February 05, 2018, 01:51:37 PM »

none because he never squated or was a Sprinter.

be back

« Reply #536 on: February 05, 2018, 01:52:34 PM »
none because he never squated or was a Sprinter.

he has however posted a picture.  ;)

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #537 on: February 05, 2018, 02:14:26 PM »
I have answered the question multiple times, I have only squatted for very short periods and never heavy, they always give me back problems.

If anyone can provide me with scientific evidence why a squat can give you more muscle growth hwen you muscle has zero idea that you are squatting

[youtube]The low back will ALWAYS give out before your thigh's the heavier you go with a bar across your back

Then you arnt squatting properly. Not surprising coming from somebody who believes pushdowns are the only triceps exercise needed for maximum development

Ted SuperSet

• Getbig IV
  • America first!
« Reply #538 on: February 05, 2018, 02:45:02 PM »
I am relatively short (177 cm ,5'8 ish ). In business being tall helps. In my country most guys are 6.1 - 6.4. It gives you more presence and people take you more seriously. Makes life easier.I would definitely like to be taller.

Funny thing is that a small percentage of tall guys seem a bit intimidated by short guys. I dont understand why. Maybe because they ran in to some short fuckers with napoleon syndrome when they were just kids lol.

Wish I was a little bit taller, wish I was a baller....

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #539 on: February 05, 2018, 02:53:05 PM »
The low back will ALWAYS give out before your thigh's the heavier you go with a bar across your back

Thanks for answering the question.

I don't know about this however... It's hard to say what gives out first, but I never felt any muscle fatigue in my low back from squats, so I think it varies by person...

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #540 on: February 05, 2018, 03:00:27 PM »
maybe do something else before squat!!!

be back

« Reply #541 on: February 05, 2018, 03:10:45 PM »
Then you arnt squatting properly. Not surprising coming from somebody who believes pushdowns are the only triceps exercise needed for maximum development
Im trying to leave you alone, kindly return the favour.

be back

« Reply #542 on: February 05, 2018, 03:15:11 PM »
Thanks for answering the question.

I don't know about this however... It's hard to say what gives out first, but I never felt any muscle fatigue in my low back from squats, so I think it varies by person...
Im talking ruptured discs...

watch this video then ask yourself "why box squat" and then ask yourself just how much pressure is applied to the lumbar spine when you put 300lbs on your back when leaning forward while squatting.
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #543 on: February 05, 2018, 03:19:33 PM »

If you squat and that is the best way for you to totally stress that muscle then thats fine, if you can use another exercise thats fine as well.

With front squats yes. If your lower back gives out before your legs on a back squat you have something serious going on and shouldn’t be squatting at all...that’s why belt squats are a great excercise for guys with back problems. No load on the spine. The bones remodel themselves the same way muscles do but you don’t get this with machines. That is why everyone needs to use free weights.

To me training for purely cosmetics is a waste of time and leg presses and hack squats can make you grow they don’t really have any carryover to knee health, athletic ability, strengthening connective tissue, etc. I also believe a body built with heavy compound movements flows better than guys who train on machines, you just end up looking like a collection of body parts. If you wanna be that guy with a big back but can’t even deadlift 500  be my guest.

To clarify I’m not saying machines don’t work for hypertrophy.  They can be better from a pure growth perspective ....looking back my chest was fuller when I was strictly training on machines and gave up the 400lb plus benches and heavy dumbell work every week but I just didn’t like the look it gave me or how my body felt. My strength on free weight movements went down quite a bit.
l

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #544 on: February 05, 2018, 03:22:06 PM »
I am relatively short (177 cm ,5'8 ish ). In business being tall helps. In my country most guys are 6.1 - 6.4. It gives you more presence and people take you more seriously. Makes life easier.I would definitely like to be taller.

Funny thing is that a small percentage of tall guys seem a bit intimidated by short guys. I dont understand why. Maybe because they ran in to some short fuckers with napoleon syndrome when they were just kids lol.

Its because you sneak up on us and don't notice till we look down.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #545 on: February 05, 2018, 03:22:22 PM »

Yeah, but I've seen your pics and you are f**king jacked Bro.. 100+ kilos, right..?  5'8" with the kind of mass you carry gives you plenty of presence, trust me...  8)

Stating the uber-obvious - - -  the smaller guy has more to prove and less to lose.... he wins he's a hero, he loses he's a tiger for trying.... 
T

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #546 on: February 05, 2018, 03:37:33 PM »
how do you handle lazy and unreliable employees on your ship?  you never lose your cool?

E
Nah, you can't bro, this is corporate, you lose your cool and the employee runs to HR and you lose your job. I've seen hundreds get terminated here, it's no joke, they have a 3 strike policy, three infractions you're fired, and it's no big deal because they literally have hundreds that are already hired, trained, and certified just waiting for their assignment to come start work, as an employee you're absolutely expendable even at the senior management level, seen dudes in upper management working for the company 20 years get terminated with out hesitation and replaced immediately, the show goes on, real cutthroat shit bro's! Not to mention a real leader never loses his composure always keeps his cool ;)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #547 on: February 05, 2018, 03:56:00 PM »
Nah, you can't bro, this is corporate, you lose your cool and the employee runs to HR and you lose your job. I've seen hundreds get terminated here, it's no joke, they have a 3 strike policy, three infractions you're fired, and it's no big deal because they literally have hundreds that are already hired, trained, and certified just waiting for their assignment to come start work, as an employee you're absolutely expendable even at the senior management level, seen dudes in upper management working for the company 20 years get terminated with out hesitation and replaced immediately, the show goes on, real cutthroat shit bro's! Not to mention a real leader never loses his composure always keeps his cool ;)

HR siding with the employee instead of management ???

E
E

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #548 on: February 05, 2018, 04:07:10 PM »
HR siding with the employee instead of management ???

E
Oh yeah dude, they don't want any drama, sensitive times my friend, I've never worked in a corporate environment, completely different world then what I was used to bar and nightclub employment where there is no HR. Not to mention gotta be super cautious about getting a guest complaint, again they always side with the guest, and they don't take kindly to disrespect ;D

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #549 on: February 05, 2018, 09:10:47 PM »

Because at that height you can fill out your frame better and can look much more thicker and muscular.