Author Topic: Bulking is a terrible idea  (Read 128185 times)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Re: Bulking is a terrible idea
« Reply #650 on: February 26, 2018, 10:09:54 AM »
Been asking YOU for years why YOU won't leave.....
I know, 'cause you're a sissy  :D

Being a reactive person, you're always full of shit or in other words: you've never asked.
You can go back to your grave now, thanks.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #651 on: February 26, 2018, 10:43:38 AM »
a high school kid in the 60's bulked up to over 300 then cut down years later ala bruce randall.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #652 on: February 26, 2018, 10:45:36 AM »
you remember bruce who dropped from 415 lbs down to 220's and won nabba mr universe. :D
F

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #653 on: February 26, 2018, 10:50:21 AM »
Randall snapped back pretty good, but his belly was never the same -

Second half has a lot of footage.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #654 on: February 26, 2018, 11:03:51 AM »

Second half has a lot of footage.
:D :D :D :D :D :D
F

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #655 on: February 27, 2018, 04:16:36 PM »
go for it , your diet is ridiculous bro-logical magazine esq nonsense. Sorry man but if you ate 3 meals a day or even 6 but kept your calories the same with burgers and pasta, you would look the same. Why go thru that agony and OCD shit?

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #656 on: February 27, 2018, 04:22:42 PM »

I'm surprised it wasn't worse, honestly.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #657 on: February 27, 2018, 04:33:52 PM »
go for it , your diet is ridiculous bro-logical magazine esq nonsense. Sorry man but if you ate 3 meals a day or even 6 but kept your calories the same with burgers and pasta, you would look the same. Why go thru that agony and OCD shit?
For 198 pounds, I gotta say I'm in good condition, face is lean, lots of vascularity in the shoulders/arms/quads, I feel good/strong, my energy levels are really good. Not really broscience approach, honestly it's more of a emphasis on healthy foods approach: minimal processed foods, zero transfats, zero high fructose corn syrup, lots of easily digestable foods that allow me to eat high quantities, good amount of fiber, good amount of micronutrients, good amount of essential fatty acids.My elimination process is on point (2 solid dumps a day), minimal to zero bloat, minimal to zero gas.  A broscience diet is pretty much what you are stating: Ihop for breakfast (eggs, pancakes, and bacon), protein shake and muffins pre workout, post workout protein shake and poptarts, hit a Chinese buffet, and maybe a few 5 guys burgers for dinner, if you want a snack maybe a few Pb &J's. Would that approach get size on me faster? Probably, but for sure I would look like a meatball and feel like absolute shit.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #658 on: February 27, 2018, 06:24:57 PM »
For 198 pounds, I gotta say I'm in good condition, face is lean, lots of vascularity in the shoulders/arms/quads, I feel good/strong, my energy levels are really good. Not really broscience approach, honestly it's more of a emphasis on healthy foods approach: minimal processed foods, zero transfats, zero high fructose corn syrup, lots of easily digestable foods that allow me to eat high quantities, good amount of fiber, good amount of micronutrients, good amount of essential fatty acids.My elimination process is on point (2 solid dumps a day), minimal to zero bloat, minimal to zero gas.  A broscience diet is pretty much what you are stating: Ihop for breakfast (eggs, pancakes, and bacon), protein shake and muffins pre workout, post workout protein shake and poptarts, hit a Chinese buffet, and maybe a few 5 guys burgers for dinner, if you want a snack maybe a few Pb &J's. Would that approach get size on me faster? Probably, but for sure I would look like a meatball and feel like absolute shit.

You might feel worse, but if calories are the same, you would look exactly as lean as you are now

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #659 on: February 27, 2018, 06:30:08 PM »

Interesting.

When was the last time you were in shape?
Y

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #660 on: February 27, 2018, 08:26:52 PM »
You might feel worse, but if calories are the same, you would look exactly as lean as you are now
;D

be back

« Reply #661 on: February 27, 2018, 10:19:32 PM »

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #662 on: February 28, 2018, 06:58:29 AM »
hes not joking mate...its true...
I work on a cruiseship, 90% of the passengers and crew eat the way you guys describe, none of them have a physique I desire, however there is one common denominator I see amongst them, they all seem to have impressive gut development.

be back

« Reply #663 on: February 28, 2018, 07:00:14 AM »
I work on a cruiseship, 90% of the passengers and crew eat the way you guys describe, none of them have a physique I desire, however there is one common denominator I see amongst them, they all seem to have impressive gut development.
thats because they eat excessive calories, what is you dont get?

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
« Reply #664 on: February 28, 2018, 07:37:17 AM »
Steve Davis would bulk back in the day.  Not sure how heavy he would get but he looks pretty fat in this shot.  No reason to ever be this fat.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #665 on: February 28, 2018, 07:42:42 AM »

X-FUCKING-ACTLY

it is all gear and training

Diet....baglhahahhhahhha ha

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #666 on: February 28, 2018, 08:07:23 AM »
so your advice is that if one can pick between two diets - pick the one that is the most unhealthy?

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #667 on: February 28, 2018, 08:13:45 AM »
No, yours is the bro science diet. If you are ok/like it then that is perfectly fine but promoting it as being the only way/magical foods don't allow you to get fat that is complete bro science. Not saying you are doing that but your diet is not based on science, etc.

be back

« Reply #668 on: February 28, 2018, 10:29:04 AM »
so your advice is that if one can pick between two diets - pick the one that is the most unhealthy?

I would pick the one I liked eating the best....

be back

« Reply #669 on: February 28, 2018, 10:32:59 AM »
No, yours is the bro science diet. If you are ok/like it then that is perfectly fine but promoting it as being the only way/magical foods don't allow you to get fat that is complete bro science. Not saying you are doing that but your diet is not based on science, etc.

look at this fucking idiocy
https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/animalpak26.htm
Day 1: Monday

Protein: 340g meat per meal (4 meals with beef, 2 meals with chicken
Carbs: 113g per meal (steamed rice)
Steamed Vegetables: With 4/6 meals

Day 2: Tuesday

Protein: 453g meat per meal (4 meals with beef, 2 meals with chicken)
Carbs: 0g

Day 3: Wednesday

Protein: 453g meat per meal (4 meals with beef, 2 meals with chicken)
Day 4: Thursday

Protein: 453g of meat per meal (4 meals with beef, 2 meals with chicken)

Day 5: Friday

Protein: 340g of meat per meal (4 meals with beef, 2 meals with chicken)
Carbs: 113g per meal (steamed white rice)

Day 6: Saturday

Day 7: Sunday

Day 8: Monday

Day 9: Repeat

453 gms of meat.

because 455 is too much.... ::)

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #670 on: February 28, 2018, 11:15:39 AM »
Steve Davis would bulk back in the day.  Not sure how heavy he would get but he looks pretty fat in this shot.  No reason to ever be this fat.

I think I remember #265 - #285 being his heaviest range. Draper was another guy that was pretty big.

The old advice (20 years ago) was to say close to the 10-12% bodyfat range when bulking. The logic being that it allowed you to eat and lift well, but wasn't hard to diet off.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #671 on: February 28, 2018, 11:17:40 AM »
look at this fucking idiocy
https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/animalpak26.htm
453 gms of meat.

because 455 is too much.... ::)

453g is one lb.  Looks like the recipe was originally posted using with imperial measurements

be back

« Reply #672 on: February 28, 2018, 11:23:40 AM »
453g is one lb.  Looks like the recipe was originally posted using with imperial measurements

who fucking cares, its stupid

why feel the need to be so accurate,. you calorific expenditure is different every day, a change in the weather can effect how many cals you burn...

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
« Reply #673 on: February 28, 2018, 11:37:23 AM »
I think I remember #265 - #285 being his heaviest range. Draper was another guy that was pretty big.

The old advice (20 years ago) was to say close to the 10-12% bodyfat range when bulking. The logic being that it allowed you to eat and lift well, but was hard to diet off.
That's basically whay Ric Drasin says in his videos as well.  It makes sense.  I bet most people have optimal health and hormonal profile at somewhere around 12% bodyfat.  I have read that if bodyfat is too high or too low, test levels will drop significantly.  12% seems like the best to aim for if you want that "I lift bruh" physique.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #674 on: February 28, 2018, 11:42:00 AM »
only fat perma bulkers claim 12% is optimal !!

ahahahahahahah!