Author Topic: Bulking is a terrible idea  (Read 128198 times)

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
Re: Bulking is a terrible idea
« Reply #700 on: March 01, 2018, 12:51:43 PM »
why would you have burgers with pasta?

be back

« Reply #701 on: March 01, 2018, 01:12:51 PM »
why would you have burgers with pasta?

why would you have pasta bolognese . its almost the same thing isnt it?

protein carbs and fats...

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #702 on: March 01, 2018, 01:37:14 PM »
Best thing I ever did was give up trying to eat “clean” shit all the time, used to have fry ups and othe “shit” food at the weekend and try and eat decent through the week then thought fuck it I’m not eating another single thing I don’t enjoy and started eating fried foods and sausage rolls and loads of bags of crisps daily instead, noticed zero difference apart from enjoying food more.

I remember one day taking my family to the park then to the chip shop but not getting owt for myself and eating chicken and veg when I got home instead, looking back that’s fucking miserable existence and never do shit like that again

be back

« Reply #703 on: March 01, 2018, 01:43:00 PM »
Best thing I ever did was give up trying to eat “clean” shit all the time, used to have fry ups and othe “shit” food at the weekend and try and eat decent through the week then thought fuck it I’m not eating another single thing I don’t enjoy and started eating fried foods and sausage rolls and loads of bags of crisps daily instead, noticed zero difference apart from enjoying food more.

I remember one day taking my family to the park then to the chip shop but not getting owt for myself and eating chicken and veg when I got home instead, looking back that’s fucking miserable existence and never do shit like that again

this guy takes his kids to McDonald's and eats his prepped chicken and rice while they have burgers
Oh. and its not when hes cutting, he doesnt cut.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #704 on: March 01, 2018, 01:47:31 PM »
this guy takes his kids to McDonald's and eats his prepped chicken and rice while they have burgers

Haha what the fuck are people like him doing to eat clean and be on shitloads of gear and still be fucking fat?

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #705 on: March 01, 2018, 01:49:41 PM »
Health of peace

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #706 on: March 01, 2018, 01:55:54 PM »
Health of peace

Did he completely forgo training the torso?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #707 on: March 01, 2018, 04:56:43 PM »

Big, but still sad; the archetype of a biggorexic..

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #708 on: March 01, 2018, 06:52:21 PM »

I fear for your health  :-\

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #709 on: March 01, 2018, 08:14:32 PM »
Hulkster I'm Calling for a Truce! ;D

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #710 on: March 01, 2018, 10:46:59 PM »
You don't get to 200lbs at his height by having no appetite. He's just not in the habit of over eating.

Really, and what would you know about it? Have you ever "bulked"?  I have. From lbs 190-260 eating was misery. I joylessly stuffed food down to my disgust every day for several years.

Maybe I should have rephrased that "we" to "You" as you seem to lack the knowledge and basic principles of a proper diet evidence by many of your posts having to do with nutrition.

Such as ???

He doesn't have any special DNA or genes.

How would you know? Studied his DNA, have you? Maybe I should take a page from your book and say, "you don't get to look like go4it without good genes".

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #711 on: March 01, 2018, 11:58:18 PM »
check out my diet in my prep thread, heres is an average days food
3 poached eggs 1 toast
4 oatibix
basa fillet with noodles (not nice, wont be having that again, fish tastes like ditch water)
25gms whey shake
2 beef burgers with pasta and tomato
cottage cheese and pastrami wholemeal bread

Now, would I be better eating chicken and rice 5 times a day?
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=642239.0

I don't see how that is germane to the point I was making. You can just as easily ask, "Now, would I be better eating 3 poached eggs 1 toast 5 times a day?

The issue is not about eating the exact same food all day every day. It's about this notion that as long
as you meet your macro nutrient ratio in doesn't matter what those macros are. That if your carbs came from fruits and vegetables as oppose to pop tarts and ice cream. It's true that if you are at a caloric surplus or deficit you will gain or lose weight regardless where those calories come from. But it will make
a huge difference in body composition, health and athletic performance.

be back

« Reply #712 on: March 02, 2018, 12:02:29 AM »
I don't see how that is germane to the point I was making. You can just as easily ask, "Now, would I be better eating 3 poached eggs 1 toast 5 times a day?

The issue is not about eating the exact same food all day every day. It's about this notion that as long
as you meet your macro nutrient ratio in doesn't matter what those macros are. That if your carbs came from fruits and vegetables as oppose to pop tarts and ice cream. It's true that if you are at a caloric surplus or deficit you will gain or lose weight regardless where those calories come from. But it will make
a huge difference in body composition, health and athletic performance.

see, you are taking it to extremes again, I eat a balanced diet, lots of different combinations of proteins carbs and fats, sure I could eat some fruit and chocolate in place of potatoes, but Im not stupid enough to just eat chocolate all day.

Let me ask you this
If I ate my current diet yet in place of a small amount of noodles or bread I had a square of chocolate instead as long as it was the same calorific value would it alter my body composition?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #713 on: March 02, 2018, 12:04:32 AM »
LOL! Why would anyone believe him about his diet when he's openly deceitful about his sexuality and gear use? Whatever happened to the thread where he was outed?

You've never told a lie? If you use steroids would you also tell your mother and children? Even if you say "yes" can you understand why someone would lie? It's not hard to see why someone would lie about their sexuality and drug use (this is no way to imply anything about go4it's sexuality which is meaningless to me) as there is a stigma involving these issues. People will judge him on such issues but lying about that does not preclude his veracity on everything in his life. Lying about his sexuality and/or drug use doesn't automatically translate into lying about what he eats.

werewolf operative

« Reply #714 on: March 02, 2018, 12:05:13 AM »
He doesn't have any special DNA or genes.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #715 on: March 02, 2018, 12:08:09 AM »
Hulkster I'm Calling for a Truce! ;D

For your next video can you mess up your hair. You always look like you just got done doing
a professional modeling photo shoot.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #716 on: March 02, 2018, 12:21:11 AM »
Really, and what would you know about it? Have you ever "bulked"?  I have. From lbs 190-260 eating was misery. I joylessly stuffed food down to my disgust every day for several years.

Yes, I have. And I've mentioned numerous times that I found it much harder to try to eat when I wasn't
hungry than not eat when I was hungry. Being stuffed all the time I always felt shitty and nauseated. When
hungry I felt more like a predator always getting the urge to hunt, kill and consume.

Such as ???

I'm not going to search back through your post history.

How would you know? Studied his DANA, have you? Maybe I should take a page from your book and say, "you don't get to look like go4it without good genes".

I base this on a life long experience observing and reading about other human beings. You look at Arnold and Casey Viator at 19 years old and it wouldn't be a stretch that these were gifted human beings in regard to building muscle mass. Go4it is on a different level compared to the average Joe and in the top tier compared to gym rats that is more because of his work ethic and brains than his propensity for putting on muscle mass.
This is not to say he has bad genes, obviously he doesn't, but that doesn't make him gifted either.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #717 on: March 02, 2018, 12:34:03 AM »
see, you are taking it to extremes again, I eat a balanced diet, lots of different combinations of proteins carbs and fats, sure I could eat some fruit and chocolate in place of potatoes, but Im not stupid enough to just eat chocolate all day.

Let me ask you this
If I ate my current diet yet in place of a small amount of noodles or bread I had a square of chocolate instead as long as it was the same calorific value would it alter my body composition?

No, you are. You went from posting a relatively varied and balanced diet and then compare that to eating the same thing 5 times a day. That is not a fair comparison.

As far as your example; no, I doubt it would make a whit of difference but, again, that is not what I am talking about. I am referring the the notion that the sources of macros doesn't matter. Now if you start to substitute pizza and burgers, pancake and poptarts, bacon and sweet and sour chicken, milk shakes...
in other words, the typical American diet -- then it would matter if the caloric value was the same.

I think this belief stems from the fact that most people are fat. If you are a fatso and eat a pizza and ice cream for dinner you will wake up in the morning and look in the mirror and you will still be a fatso.
When I eat pizza and ice cream I will put on five pounds overnight and look a noticeably smoother and
bloated. When you are lean things show more readily. I can look noticeably different just as the day goes by
depending on how much I eat and how much water I drink. And I am nowhere near the condition of go4it, or evern you for that matter.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #718 on: March 02, 2018, 12:38:11 AM »

LOL! You made me legit LOL.

OK, if you are going to compare a very down to earth, level headed, good natured, fitness fanatic with
a congenital and delusional retard then, yes, you got me.

I concede.

Now I'm going to go through those pics again -- you have no idea how much you lifted my spirits.

be back

« Reply #719 on: March 02, 2018, 12:55:58 AM »
No, you are. You went from posting a relatively varied and balanced diet and then compare that to eating the same thing 5 times a day. That is not a fair comparison.

As far as your example; no, I doubt it would make a whit of difference but, again, that is not what I am talking about. I am referring the the notion that the sources of macros doesn't matter. Now if you start to substitute pizza and burgers, pancake and poptarts, bacon and sweet and sour chicken, milk shakes...
in other words, the typical American diet -- then it would matter if the caloric value was the same.

I think this belief stems from the fact that most people are fat. If you are a fatso and eat a pizza and ice cream for dinner you will wake up in the morning and look in the mirror and you will still be a fatso.
When I eat pizza and ice cream I will put on five pounds overnight and look a noticeably smoother and
bloated. When you are lean things show more readily. I can look noticeably different just as the day goes by
depending on how much I eat and how much water I drink. And I am nowhere near the condition of go4it, or evern you for that matter.

you are aware that eating the same couple of sources of food are what gurus advise clients to eat

I even posted one earlier from bodybuilding.com
https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/animalpak26.htm

eating pizza and ice cream that makes you bloated isnt changing your body composition permanently its just making you hold a bit of water, you can rectify that in 24 hours.

Increasing your body fat changes your body composition not a bit of water retention.
I am referring the the notion that the sources of macros doesn't matter. Now if you start to substitute pizza and burgers, pancake and poptarts, bacon and sweet and sour chicken, milk shakes...

You have evidence for this I suppose?

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #720 on: March 02, 2018, 02:12:25 AM »
i agree with foods affecting health and athletic performance.

not sure about the body composition part.

i would add another - how a certain food will make you feel, like afterwards feeling full or whatever and also affecting apetite

if one combination of foods makes you feel better, perform better and have long lasting health benefits then that would be a better choice IMO.

be back

« Reply #721 on: March 02, 2018, 02:21:59 AM »
i agree with foods affecting health and athletic performance.

not sure about the body composition part.

i would add another - how a certain food will make you feel, like afterwards feeling full or whatever and also affecting apetite

if one combination of foods makes you feel better, perform better and have long lasting health benefits then that would be a better choice IMO.

If I eat fish and chips from the chippie I am full all day...

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #722 on: March 02, 2018, 02:24:48 AM »

Chips are about the hardest thing to eat much of, I have to half a bag with our lass, doubt could finish a full bag

chuckles

« Reply #723 on: March 02, 2018, 02:57:29 AM »
you British people eat mostly junk food.

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #724 on: March 02, 2018, 04:42:16 AM »