Author Topic: Educational Videos and Articles about Islam  (Read 228754 times)

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Re: Educational Videos about Islam
« Reply #575 on: January 01, 2013, 09:57:41 AM »

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #576 on: January 01, 2013, 10:10:06 AM »

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #577 on: January 01, 2013, 12:02:03 PM »

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #578 on: January 01, 2013, 04:17:03 PM »

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Re: People who have become Muslim
« Reply #579 on: January 01, 2013, 04:24:22 PM »

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #580 on: January 01, 2013, 04:33:20 PM »

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #581 on: January 02, 2013, 05:35:57 AM »

Why did super duper allah let millions of children starve to death last year?

That's not very merciful.

G

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #582 on: January 02, 2013, 05:35:58 AM »
“Religion is a system of wishful illusions together with a disavowal of reality, such as we find nowhere else but in a state of blissful hallucinatory confusion. ”  ― Sigmund Freud
V

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #583 on: January 02, 2013, 09:21:44 AM »

I'm not a Muslim, but I tend to question why God's empowered creation allows it's own millions to starve, suffer and die when we've all been given the tools and resources (by God) to prevent such tragedy?   Making God the scapegoat in order to ignore our own accountability doesn't seem right to me, but it sure is convenient!  

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #584 on: January 02, 2013, 09:41:43 AM »
"Do people think that they will be left alone because they say: "We believe," and will not be tested. And We indeed tested those who were before them. And Allâh will certainly make (it) known (the truth of) those who are true, and will certainly make (it) known (the falsehood of) those who are liars, (although Allâh knows all that before putting them to test)". (Al-Ankaboot : 2-3)

{We will certainly test you with something of fear and hunger, and loss of wealth and lives and fruits (earnings); but give glad tidings to the persevering and patient, those who, when a disaster befalls them, say, "Surely we belong to God (as His creatures and servants) and surely to Him we are bound to return" (And they act accordingly.)} (Al-Baqarah 2:155-7)

{And how many a Prophet has had to fight (for God’s cause), followed by numbers of godly, dedicated servants of God; and they did not become faint of heart for all that befell them in God’s cause, nor did they weaken, nor did they abase themselves (before the enemy). And God loves the patient and steadfast.} (Al Imran 3:146)

Verily, We created man from a drop of mingled sperm so that We may test him; and therefore We made him hearing and seeing. We have indeed showed him the way, now he be grateful or ungrateful. (Al-Insaan 76:2-3)

{And hasten, as if competing with one another, to forgiveness from your Lord, and to a Garden as spacious as the heavens and the earth, prepared for the God-revering, pious.} (Al Imran 3:133)

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #585 on: January 02, 2013, 09:46:59 AM »

it is indeed merciful, Allah tests people, sometime in extreme opposite ways. A very poor person and a very rich person, are both being tested. the rich bcome arrogant and greedy, not giving chairity or refusing to give up power(look at dicators of middle east) and rather kill people to stay on power...ect

poor people in ISLAM have a high status. the poor will enter paradise far before the rich and powerful(kings, politicans).

anytime a person struggles, even if its a headache or somthing as big as Hunger,starvation poverty,cancer ...ect erases sins

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #586 on: January 02, 2013, 09:49:08 AM »
“Religion is a system of wishful illusions together with a disavowal of reality, such as we find nowhere else but in a state of blissful hallucinatory confusion. ”  ― Sigmund Freud
Organized religion isn't a prerequisite for salvation through Christ...it's a free gift to all.  The Holy Spirit is made manifest in the lives of believers and tranforms lives even today!!  Sigmund Freud was just a simple man and no amount of psychoanalysis will allow one to esacpe the Lord's purview.  Saying something is illusory doesn't make it so, but experiencing a personal relationship with the Holy Spirit will easily refute Freud's casual dismissal of a transcendent God. 

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #587 on: January 02, 2013, 10:01:45 AM »
it is indeed merciful, Allah tests people, sometime in extreme opposite ways. A very poor person and a very rich person, are both being tested. the rich bcome arrogant and greedy, not giving chairity or refusing to give up power(look at dicators of middle east) and rather kill people to stay on power...ect

poor people in ISLAM have a high status. the poor will enter paradise far before the rich and powerful(kings, politicans).

anytime a person struggles, even if its a headache or somthing as big as Hunger,starvation poverty,cancer ...ect erases sins

See True, you had me right up until your last statement.  That simple statement contradicts the core and essence of Christ and salvation.  The idea that our human sufferings or human works erase our sin is not in biblical scripture (OT or NT) and is certainly not of our God, Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  It stands in opposition to Jesus and anything that stands opposed to Christ is not of God.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #588 on: January 02, 2013, 10:17:52 AM »
“Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. 22 On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ 23 But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’Matthew 7:21-23

For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also. James 2:26

What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. ...James 2:14-26

Islam also teaches that we enter heaven by God's mercy and not our deeds. However we will be judged by our deeds as well. Islam teaches responsibility and justice.

Also everyone will have a different status in heaven by what they earned in this life, but no one will have envy or jealousy of one another. By our efforts will we achieve a greater status in heaven. The highest status being the highest level of heaven called janatul firdous. Which is where all the prophets, messengers, martyrs and people of highest piety will be in the literal presence of God. The other places in heaven will be amazing as well and no one will feel envy of those who are in a greater status in heaven nor feel such but it is our goal to be in the presence of God almighty at all times, what an honor.

Two different things being treated as equal is a form of injustice.

A person who does good and a person who does evil are not equal. Although God is merciful to mankind, God is also just.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #589 on: January 02, 2013, 10:26:21 AM »
“Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. 22 On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ 23 But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’Matthew 7:21-23

For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also. James 2:26

What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. ...James 2:14-26

Islam also teaches that we enter heaven by God's mercy and not our deeds. However we will be judged by our deeds as well. Islam teaches responsibility and justice.

Also everyone will have a different status in heaven by what they earned in this life, but no one will have envy or jealousy of one another. By our efforts will we achieve a greater status in heaven. The highest status being the highest level of heaven called janatul firdous. Which is where all the prophets, messengers, martyrs and people of highest piety will be in the literal presence of God. The other places in heaven will be amazing as well and no one will feel envy of those who are in a greater status in heaven nor feel such but it is our goal to be in the presence of God almighty, what an honor.

Two different things being treated as equal is a form of injustice.

A person who does good and a person who does evil are not equal. Although God is merciful to mankind, God is also just.
I'll explain those verses to you later ahmed and I'll add the all important context to them!!

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #590 on: January 02, 2013, 10:27:46 AM »
lol...

The difference between what you believe and what we believe is that:

We believe: we enter heaven by God's mercy first and foremost nto our deeds. However that we are to compete for good works, we'll be judged by our good and evil deeds. God is merciful but also JUST, so those that are evil will be punished for their evil but depending on what it is God can forgive them as he is the most merciful and knows what's in everyone's hearts, their conditions and their situations. Certain people of faith will be thrown into hellfire to be cleansed for the evil they did but as they believed in God with no partners they will be eventually taken out of hellfire and be granted heaven. However people who do not believe in God, reject God, who worship the creation will be in the hellfire for eternity.

You believe: Accept Jesus as god, you are saved, live your life maybe do good things just because its good but don't worry you'll enter heaven just because you accept jesus as god. Those who reject Jesus as god they go to hell.

Inequity and injustice. To top it off, not following God's law, corruption ensues as can be seen in the christian world, misguidance ensues as can be seen in the christian world. Everyone does whatever they want and they believe they are 'saved'.

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #591 on: January 02, 2013, 11:05:28 AM »
lol...

The difference between what you believe and what we believe is that:

We believe: we enter heaven by God's mercy first and foremost nto our deeds. However that we are to compete for good works, we'll be judged by our good and evil deeds. God is merciful but also JUST, so those that are evil will be punished for their evil but depending on what it is God can forgive them as he is the most merciful and knows what's in everyone's hearts, their conditions and their situations. Certain people of faith will be thrown into hellfire to be cleansed for the evil they did but as they believed in God with no partners they will be eventually taken out of hellfire and be granted heaven. However people who do not believe in God, reject God, who worship the creation will be in the hellfire for eternity.

You believe: Accept Jesus as god, you are saved, live your life maybe do good things just because its good but don't worry you'll enter heaven just because you accept jesus as god. Those who reject Jesus as god they go to hell.

Inequity and injustice. To top it off, not following God's law, corruption ensues as can be seen in the christian world, misguidance ensues as can be seen in the christian world. Everyone does whatever they want and they believe they are 'saved'.

Right! this is the truth in the most simple and boiled down form.

God forgives ALL sins, except associating partners with him.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #592 on: January 02, 2013, 04:04:53 PM »

Published on 14 Apr 2012
*** Update: Young Bara'ah has passed away. May Allah SWTA join her with her mother and father in the highest levels of Jannah. Ameen.

This is the recitation of Bara'ah, a 10 year old girl diagnosed with Cancer. She is reciting from Surah Saffaat, Ayahs 83-102.

Here is her story:

Bara'ah is a 10 year old who finished memorizing the whole Qur'an with Tajweed. Her parents were doctors who moved to Saudi Arabia in search of better life. Bara'ah was very intelligent. Her teacher used to tell her that she should be in middle school not primary school.

Her family was small and committed to Islam and its teachings. One day, her mother began experiencing severe abdominal pain. After going to the hospital and diagnostics tests and imaging performed, it was discovered that she had cancer, but in its late stages.

The mother thought she should tell her daughter, especially if she wakes up one day and didn't find her mother beside her. Being at the young tender age of 10, her mother told her: "Bara`ah, I will go to paradise ahead of you, but I want you to read the Quran you memorized every day since it will protect you in this life."

The little girl didn't really understand what her mother was trying to tell her, but she began feeling the change in her mother's status. Soon, her mother was was transferred to stay in the hospital on a permanent basis. Bara'ah used to come to the hospital after school and recite the Quran for her mother until the evening when her father would take her home.

One day the hospital called the husband and informed him that the his wife's condition had deteriorated and that it would be advisable to come to the hospital immediately. The father picked up Bara`ah from school and headed to the hospital. When they arrived, he asked her to stay in the car so he could first see what the condition of his wife was.

The father got out of the car with tears filled in his eyes. While crossing the road to enter the hospital, he was hit by a speeding car and died in front of his daughter who came crying to her father.

The tragedy of Bar`ah is not over yet. The news of her father's death was hidden from the mother. Her condition steadily worsened, and 5 days later, she passed away leaving Bar`ah alone without her parents. Her parents' friends decided to find her relatives in Egypt so that they could take care of her.

Soon thereafter, Bara`ah began having severe pain, similar to what her mother experienced. At the hospital, she too was diagnosed with cancer. At the surprise of everyone she said, "Alhamdulillah, now I will meet my parents."

All of the family friends were shocked at her response. This little girl, being faced with calamity after calamity, yet she remained patient and satisfied with what Allah ordained for her!

The news of Bara'ah and her story spread. One Saudi heard of her story and decided to take care of her. He sent her to the UK to receive the appropriate treatment for her condition.

In the UK, her condition worsened and the cancer spread throughout her body with metastasis in multiple organs. The doctors had to amputate her legs, yet she still remained patient. Soon, the cancer spread to her brain the doctors had to do brain surgery. Bara'ah went into a full coma.

Before she went into coma, one of the Islamic channels (Al Hafiz - The protector) got in contact with this little girl and asked her to recite the Qur'an. This video is of her beautiful recitation of Surah Saffaat.

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #593 on: January 02, 2013, 04:41:38 PM »

Published on 14 Apr 2012
*** Update: Young Bara'ah has passed away. May Allah SWTA join her with her mother and father in the highest levels of Jannah. Ameen.

This is the recitation of Bara'ah, a 10 year old girl diagnosed with Cancer. She is reciting from Surah Saffaat, Ayahs 83-102.

Here is her story:

Bara'ah is a 10 year old who finished memorizing the whole Qur'an with Tajweed. Her parents were doctors who moved to Saudi Arabia in search of better life. Bara'ah was very intelligent. Her teacher used to tell her that she should be in middle school not primary school.

Her family was small and committed to Islam and its teachings. One day, her mother began experiencing severe abdominal pain. After going to the hospital and diagnostics tests and imaging performed, it was discovered that she had cancer, but in its late stages.

The mother thought she should tell her daughter, especially if she wakes up one day and didn't find her mother beside her. Being at the young tender age of 10, her mother told her: "Bara`ah, I will go to paradise ahead of you, but I want you to read the Quran you memorized every day since it will protect you in this life."

The little girl didn't really understand what her mother was trying to tell her, but she began feeling the change in her mother's status. Soon, her mother was was transferred to stay in the hospital on a permanent basis. Bara'ah used to come to the hospital after school and recite the Quran for her mother until the evening when her father would take her home.

One day the hospital called the husband and informed him that the his wife's condition had deteriorated and that it would be advisable to come to the hospital immediately. The father picked up Bara`ah from school and headed to the hospital. When they arrived, he asked her to stay in the car so he could first see what the condition of his wife was.

The father got out of the car with tears filled in his eyes. While crossing the road to enter the hospital, he was hit by a speeding car and died in front of his daughter who came crying to her father.

The tragedy of Bar`ah is not over yet. The news of her father's death was hidden from the mother. Her condition steadily worsened, and 5 days later, she passed away leaving Bar`ah alone without her parents. Her parents' friends decided to find her relatives in Egypt so that they could take care of her.

Soon thereafter, Bara`ah began having severe pain, similar to what her mother experienced. At the hospital, she too was diagnosed with cancer. At the surprise of everyone she said, "Alhamdulillah, now I will meet my parents."

All of the family friends were shocked at her response. This little girl, being faced with calamity after calamity, yet she remained patient and satisfied with what Allah ordained for her!

The news of Bara'ah and her story spread. One Saudi heard of her story and decided to take care of her. He sent her to the UK to receive the appropriate treatment for her condition.

In the UK, her condition worsened and the cancer spread throughout her body with metastasis in multiple organs. The doctors had to amputate her legs, yet she still remained patient. Soon, the cancer spread to her brain the doctors had to do brain surgery. Bara'ah went into a full coma.

Before she went into coma, one of the Islamic channels (Al Hafiz - The protector) got in contact with this little girl and asked her to recite the Qur'an. This video is of her beautiful recitation of Surah Saffaat.

wow! Allah willing she will be in paradise with her family! this shows you how short life is man.

may Allah guide us all to the straight path and may Allah guide our Christian,jewish and athiest brothers to the truth.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #594 on: January 02, 2013, 04:45:37 PM »
All children before puberty go to jannah and those strucken with disease and calamity while pious are also gauranteed jannah. May Allah (swt) reward them ameen.

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #595 on: January 02, 2013, 06:19:32 PM »

check this out, its amazing.

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #596 on: January 02, 2013, 06:21:44 PM »

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #597 on: January 02, 2013, 06:23:03 PM »

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #598 on: January 02, 2013, 08:47:06 PM »

Two words:  Penis.  Envy.

And people such as  yourself think those with faith in God are ridiculous.

I certainly don't envy  you and there are times  you can be quite the dick....errrrr... "penis".   ;)

Learn to be civil when you disagree with someone or you will be taught a lesson.  Like you just were.   ;D

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #599 on: January 02, 2013, 10:28:52 PM »