Author Topic: Angled Smith Machine is a good piece of equipment.  (Read 27059 times)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Re: Angled Smith Machine is a good piece of equipment.
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2011, 05:56:03 PM »

I really have no interest in designing gym equipment Vince, i don't see it as a particularly creative endeavour in any event.

If i want to do something creative i will paint or write, or a million other things that i would percieve as being of value.

Free weights are all that is needed in a gym, everything else is trivial.

Exactly, the human body movement is free moving and so should the type of resistance used.
A

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2011, 06:03:04 PM »
Jesus, what did I do to deserve advice from resident buffoon, Vince G CSN MFT PHD!

This joke knows very little, trains at home, and hasn't won even a third rate contest yet. Here he is knocking someone who has successfully installed excellent equipment in several Australian gyms.

According to Goodrum we should all we swinging from trees like apes. Maybe that is how he got his long arms!

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2011, 06:03:40 PM »
vince you ever see or think of designing a weighted push up machine or a bench machine where you faced down?

LOL know it sounds crazy but i think push ups are alot safer for the shoulders and actually can help shoulder injuries and i feel that they also allow for more focus on the pecs.

No need for it.  Here's what I use....

A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2011, 06:04:58 PM »
Jesus, what did I do to deserve advice from resident buffoon, Vince G CSN MFT PHD!

This joke knows very little, trains at home, and hasn't won even a third rate contest yet. Here he is knocking someone who has successfully installed excellent equipment in several Australian gyms.

According to Goodrum we should all we swinging from trees like apes. Maybe that is how he got his long arms!

Better to swing from trees in a jungle than hanging out with kids at a jungle gym playground
A

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2011, 06:09:18 PM »
You know, Melvin, after Keith died I stopped bagging you. However, here you are on my thread using the pedo card to discredit me. You should be ashamed of yourself to do such a despicable thing.

You, unfortunately, are a complete and nasty asshole. No doubt about it.

Now we find you are using pushup mechanisms with elastic bands. Good grief, what gimmick will you use next!

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2011, 06:12:05 PM »
You know, Melvin, after Keith died I stopped bagging you. However, here you are on my thread using the pedo card to discredit me. You should be ashamed of yourself to do such a despicable thing.

Now we find you are using pushup mechanisms with elastic bands. Good grief, what gimmick will you use next!

Your post was clearly racist, Goodrum's post was subsequent to your post.
Trans Milkshake.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2011, 06:15:12 PM »

No need for it.  Here's what I use....

what about for the ppl who can bench more than their body weight? lol

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2011, 06:19:28 PM »

Your post was clearly racist, Goodrum's post was subsequent to your post.

Racist? Nope. Goodrum has unusually long arms. It is a fact. I never put people down because of race, sex, or size.

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2011, 06:20:48 PM »

I think that's where the band comes in.

Resistance push ups are a funny movement, you put any ammount of weight on your back and it's hard to breathe, pushes down on lower back and so on.

I messed my shoulder a little with about 250lbs added on, i like a really wide grip on push ups and my shoulder tore a little. Only a small tear better now, but resistance push ups are a funny movement.

Trans Milkshake.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2011, 06:22:05 PM »

You are full of shit stating that.  After Keith passed away, you kept taking pot shots at me and keep posting up Keith's arguments with me so get real.  And quit playing innocent with the "swinging from tree's comment"..... ::)

The resistance band push up is a great exercise to build the chest and you can practically do it anywhere.  Great for folks who travel but can't get to a gym.  Don't knock it till you try it

A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #85 on: February 15, 2011, 06:25:21 PM »

Use more bands or do more reps.  I usually will have someone superset it with with tricep extensions with that same band. 
A

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #86 on: February 15, 2011, 06:28:11 PM »
How thick are you Melvin? Not the 131 IQ you boasted about having. Maybe 90 on a good day.

I put up a thread to honour Keith Jones' stories. You posted on it that there was already a thread dedicated him. Well, that pissed me and a few other people off so the gloves came off. I posted about the feud you had with Keith because that was something that consumed a lot of time between the two of you. I was the reporter. If you read the thread you will find I posted heaps of stories that were not at all about you. I haven't posted on your threads since. Besides, Keith was funny in those putdowns and that is what I was archiving.

You do have long arms. That prevents you from getting really big arms. Training with pushups and bands is not going to help you much, either. What a total tool and fool you are.

derek_the_natural

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #87 on: February 15, 2011, 06:28:48 PM »
Vince, it is like you are 'born again' since Keith's passing.

He obviously burdoned you greatly when he was alive and posting.

Vince keep your material coming...it is very entertaining.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: February 15, 2011, 06:31:01 PM »

I think that's where the band comes in.

Resistance push ups are a funny movement, you put any ammount of weight on your back and it's hard to breathe, pushes down on lower back and so on.

I messed my shoulder a little with about 250lbs added on, i like a really wide grip on push ups and my shoulder tore a little. Only a small tear better now, but resistance push ups are a funny movement.
how did you manage to add that much weight?

my shoulders are both in some what bad shape so hitting my chest is a tad difficult but i can do push ups and my shoulders actually feel a little better after but its just pointless even at the end of my work out its like a freaking marathon with push ups

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #89 on: February 15, 2011, 06:34:51 PM »
Vince, it is like you are 'born again' since Keith's passing.

He obviously burdoned you greatly when he was alive and posting.

Vince keep your material coming...it is very entertaining.

Keith running his mouth did make it difficult to explain to people how I train folks.  I usually blasted him out of the water but it still wasted valuable monitor space. 
A

derek_the_natural

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #90 on: February 15, 2011, 06:41:46 PM »

Keith running his mouth did make it difficult to explain to people how I train folks.  I usually blasted him out of the water but it still wasted valuable monitor space. 

I could never quite understand your on line relationship with Keith.  You certainly could hold your own against his constant taunts and belittling.  Keith was absolutely obsessed with you.  It was very unhealthy.

Yes, Keith's death is sad.  It is sad when anyone goes the way he did.  However, i don't think it helped his health by constantly attacking others, in particularly, YOU!

Becile, also seems to have a similar obsession. 

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: February 15, 2011, 06:44:01 PM »
how did you manage to add that much weight?

my shoulders are both in some what bad shape so hitting my chest is a tad difficult but i can do push ups and my shoulders actually feel a little better after but its just pointless even at the end of my work out its like a freaking marathon with push ups

Heavy bag plus some human dead weight lol.

I love push ups, i always feel my chest working through the whole range and get a good pump.

Sometimes i'll do explosive reps, such as clapping, sometimes really slow, sometimes rythmic where you do it fluidly without lock out. I hate doing hundreds of reps so i normally use added weight and focus on intensity.
Trans Milkshake.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #92 on: February 15, 2011, 06:46:08 PM »
I could never quite understand your on line relationship with Keith.  You certainly could hold your own against his constant taunts and belittling.  Keith was absolutely obsessed with you.  It was very unhealthy.

Yes, Keith's death is sad.  It is sad when anyone goes the way he did.  However, i don't think it helped his health by constantly attacking others, in particularly, YOU!

Keith at least died a legitimate arm wrestling champion.  Basile will die as a the winner of a show that he hand picked his own judges.  He also won't ever get any blue stars from Ron.  
A

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #93 on: February 15, 2011, 06:54:22 PM »
Melvin Goodrum tries hard but he is still a joke. One trophy for 2nd place in a hillbilly contest for intermediates. Come on, Goodrum, find some balls and enter an open division. You are over 30 and have been an expert for years. Show us what you know by placing in a decent show.

Who cares about those blue stars? At least I wasn't given them then had them taken away probably because people contacted Ron to protest.

My keyboard is all I need.

derek_the_natural

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #94 on: February 15, 2011, 07:00:50 PM »
Basile, at the end of the day, all the name calling and bitch slapping amounts to nothing.

History Vince is a cruel deciple.  And 'history' shows that you used d bol (translation: drug cheat) and won  Mr Canada under dubious circumstances.

What does this all mean for you Basile?  Well, zero credibility and hypocrisy and its finest...and that is just the beginning of the 'sad tale' that is Vincent Basile.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #95 on: February 15, 2011, 07:08:55 PM »
Melvin Goodrum tries hard but he is still a joke. One trophy for 2nd place in a hillbilly contest for intermediates. Come on, Goodrum, find some balls and enter an open division. You are over 30 and have been an expert for years. Show us what you know by placing in a decent show.

Who cares about those blue stars? At least I wasn't given them then had them taken away probably because people contacted Ron to protest.

Given and taken away...sorry Basile but I don't know what you're talking about.  My bodybuilding shows I did were legitimate as well as my placing.  Perhaps if I picked my own judges, then things would have been different but only a ratfink and coward would do something like that.  How can you claim your Mr Canada title is legit when YOU PICKED YOUR JUDGES???
A

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #96 on: February 15, 2011, 07:09:30 PM »

What a surprise. Navy coloured-poster Vince Basile has come out of nowhere to make yet another antagonistic post vis-a-vis Vince Goodrum. What a hypocrite.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #97 on: February 15, 2011, 07:10:44 PM »
Not many bodybuilders have been honest about using drugs. I don't exaggerate or distort the truth. Dianabol gave me a boost in 1970. Not much as I used 2 tablets a day for a few months. That was it. Perhaps I wouldn't have won without them. I will never know. It wasn't being a drug cheat then because it wasn't against the rules. It was cheating, though, in the absolute sense in that I regret having tried them. Just about every national champion since 1970 has used anabolic steroids. They were used long before then as well. Probably by many since 1960.

I  have integrity and that gives me credibility. I am definitely not a hypocrite. I don't encourage anyone to use drugs but ultimately that is up to each individual and users have to take all the consequences.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #98 on: February 15, 2011, 07:12:00 PM »

You don't get to pick and choose how you die.  It was Keith's time and everyone will have their time whether they like it or not. 
A

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #99 on: February 15, 2011, 07:12:20 PM »
What a surprise. Navy coloured-poster Vince Basile has come out of nowhere to make yet another antagonistic post vis-a-vis Vince Goodrum. What a hypocrite.

And dickhead Dr Chimps makes another antagonistic nasty post to me.