Author Topic: Good BB is all about genetics...  (Read 1376 times)

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Good BB is all about genetics...
« on: September 18, 2011, 12:03:07 PM »
Without talking about steroids, being a decent size is all about genetics...

People say you have to eat 5000 calories, and 500g protein a day to get big, but I am at my biggest in my life (pretty lean 230, but yeah, i am 6'3).  I only eat 3 meals a day.   oatmeal in the AM, chicken sandwich at lunch, and dinner (steak and sweat potato, or something along those lines).

Lou Ferrigno was the same way, he only ate 3 meals a day, a far cry from 7000 calories, 400g of pretein etc...

also, look at the silverback gorilla, eats only grass and ants a day with little to no protein and they are huge.

just saying, genetics play a huge role.
you are gay.

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
Re: Good BB is all about genetics...
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 12:09:12 PM »
230 pounds and lean eating 100 grams of protein a day  ::) and who said anything about pro bodybuilders eating 7000 calories? Dante doesnt count :D

gh15 has said the biggest pros eat 4000-5000 roughly. Didnt you see that Zack kahn video of him calling out all the bullshitters about 6000 calories a day that Van posted?
l

MikMaq

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 12:09:51 PM »
Meh consistently working out is key. All the diet bullshit and protein timing, and even genetics is a bunch of bunk. It's real simple just be consistent that's all it takes.  Weather or not you look big has way more to do with body fat, and bodyframe, than anything trust me it's Fact.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 12:12:02 PM »

People say you have to eat 5000 calories, and 500g protein a day to get big, but I am at my biggest in my life (pretty lean 230, but yeah, i am 6'3).  I only eat 3 meals a day.   oatmeal in the AM, chicken sandwich at lunch, and dinner (steak and sweat potato, or something along those lines).

Lou Ferrigno was the same way, he only ate 3 meals a day, a far cry from 7000 calories, 400g of pretein etc...

also, look at the silverback gorilla, eats only grass and ants a day with little to no protein and they are huge.

:)

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 12:12:45 PM »
Meh consistently working out using enough drugs is key. All the diet bullshit and protein timing, and even genetics is a bunch of bunk. It's real simple just be consistent that's all it takes.  Weather or not you look big has way more to do with body fat, and bodyframe, than anything trust me it's Fact.

fixed ;)
l

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 12:13:57 PM »
:)

damn  Lou was a monster. Were his arms bigger than Arnold's?
l

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2011, 12:14:35 PM »
no, theres no reason to eat more than 2-3 meals per day, it has nothing to do with genetics, it has to do with the fact that eating every 3 hours is complete bullshit

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2011, 12:16:15 PM »
no, theres no reason to eat more than 2-3 meals per day, it has nothing to do with genetics, it has to do with the fact that eating every 3 hours is complete bullshit

your 240 pounds ? If you wanted to get to 250-260 how would you get in 4000-5000 calories eating 2-3 meals per day?
l

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2011, 12:20:31 PM »
your 240 pounds ? If you wanted to get to 250-260 how would you get in 4000-5000 calories eating 2-3 meals per day?
i wouldnt need that many calories to get there but i could very easily eat three meals of 1500 calories each on a daily basis if i wanted to

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2011, 12:21:35 PM »

In Rich Gaspari's Posing & Seminar DVD from GMV Productions he claimed to only eat around 3,500 calories per day while Dennis James claimed to eat closer to 10,000 per day in the 2002 Battle for the Olympia DVD.

I agree though, one way or another bodybuilding is all about genetics and even response to gear is genetic.  In that sense, it can both be all drugs and all genetics essentially at the same time.  Put most of this board on the same stack Phil Heath is on and I doubt most or any of us would look like him, so genetics obviously hugely matter.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

jedibrat

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2011, 01:35:12 PM »
For some people 5k calories and 500g protein a day is a lean cutting diet at natural levels without huge mass to maintain.

Hope this helps.