Author Topic: Randy Coture v. Lyoto Machida  (Read 4815 times)

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
Re: Randy Coture v. Lyoto Machida
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2011, 07:33:44 PM »
Randy fucking blows. Overhyped old man who has won 2 big fights his entire career. His gameplan is to do the same exact thing every single time against every single opponent. Clinch and dirty boxing up against the cage and hope the guy falls down so he can gnp.

Lyoto is going to absolutely embarass him unless he is overly passive, which I doubt will happen based on the Rampage decision.

Randy being a "nice guy" is probably why Dana keeps giving him gifts like the one he got against Brandon Vera and why he keeps feeding him to top flight competitors like James Toney and Mark Coleman.

The thing your forgetting and Randy has even said it himself, he's just fighting the guys he wants to fight and interesting match-ups at this point.  Nobody is trying to claim that Randy has another title run left in him.

He's just fighting...give the guy a break and quit assuming anyone is claiming he should be the #1 ranked guy at LHW.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2011, 01:16:41 PM »
In 10 years, nobody will even remember who Fedor is.  You have to realize, Fedor blew his opportunity to make  a name for himself in the modern sport of MMA.

Today's MMA fan can't even say his name, let alone remember him.  He will forever be that 'fat Russian'

he will be remembered by all those respected in the industry, tuffers will always think griffin/bonnar was the best fight ever ::)

you will never forget him, a "fat russian" wouldn't be a persons avatar nor would he be the subject of 90% of his posts ;)

E
E

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2011, 02:03:40 PM »
Randy does pretty much the same thing because lets face it, it works. He wont be remembered as the best, i dont think he will come close TBH but in all fairness he has achieved more than just about anyone else in MMA regardless of his win / loss record. An inspiration and a worthy inductee into the HOF, his Indian summer is almost over and he himself knows that.

As for Fedor, he may have missed the chance for America to recognise him but i promise you, most of the pre-reality TV MMA world will forever remember him as the best of his generation and any generation before him. Just because he may be remembered as "the fat Russian" it doesnt mean that his excellence is lost.

Most people have never heard of Harry Greb but he is one of the greatest boxers to have ever lived, through any generation and any weight class. It is history that remembers these people and ultimately thats all that counts.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2011, 03:33:13 PM »
Granite -- great assessment

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2011, 07:20:29 PM »
In 10 years, nobody will even remember who Fedor is.  You have to realize, Fedor blew his opportunity to make  a name for himself in the modern sport of MMA.

Today's MMA fan can't even say his name, let alone remember him.  He will forever be that 'fat Russian'

Nobody will remember him where?? He is famous all around the world from Europe to Asia and beyond. I am 99% sure you are an American that doesn't think beyond your own small minded world in the US. Fedor hangs out with Vladimir Putin, JCVD and numerous famous athletes all around the globe. He has even carried THE Olympic torch!!

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2011, 06:37:44 AM »
Nobody will remember him where?? He is famous all around the world from Europe to Asia and beyond. I am 99% sure you are an American that doesn't think beyond your own small minded world in the US. Fedor hangs out with Vladimir Putin, JCVD and numerous famous athletes all around the globe. He has even carried THE Olympic torch!!

You could not be more wrong.  In general, the average MMA fan has no idea who Fedor is.  He carried the Olympic torch....Does this automatically make him well known?  I can think of hundreds of people who have carried the Olympic torch that are obscure athletes not known beyond their small circle of followers of their sport.

But hey, if Fedor wants to continue his career, he will be fighting for the UFC.  I am happy with that.  He'll no longer be able to hand pick cans.
I have a hunch that this buyout will hasten his retirement. Games up!

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2011, 08:57:24 AM »
You could not be more wrong.  In general, the average MMA fan has no idea who Fedor is.  He carried the Olympic torch....Does this automatically make him well known?  I can think of hundreds of people who have carried the Olympic torch that are obscure athletes not known beyond their small circle of followers of their sport.

But hey, if Fedor wants to continue his career, he will be fighting for the UFC.  I am happy with that.  He'll no longer be able to hand pick cans.
I have a hunch that this buyout will hasten his retirement. Games up!

He never picked his opponents, his scumbag manager did. YOU couldn't be more wrong, and you need to think OUTSIDE your your little country for once. Fedor is old news anyways and should retire.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2011, 09:18:07 AM »
He never picked his opponents, his scumbag manager did. YOU couldn't be more wrong, and you need to think OUTSIDE your your little country for once. Fedor is old news anyways and should retire.

Could you hate the USA any more?  I won't even report your multiple racist posts due to your very apparent ignorance.

Fedor chose his management, no excuses with his handpicking cans.

Now you're telling me Fedor is old news? What??

Have you been drinkng or something....I know in other parts of the world it's commonplace to be drunk 24/7. No offense. Nothing personal.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2011, 09:34:09 AM »
Could you hate the USA any more?  I won't even report your multiple racist posts due to your very apparent ignorance.

Fedor chose his management, no excuses with his handpicking cans.

Now you're telling me Fedor is old news? What??

Have you been drinkng or something....I know in other parts of the world it's commonplace to be drunk 24/7. No offense. Nothing personal.

Again, how can I be racist against my own people? Where are these direct racist comments? And which race was I being racist towards? (blacks, whites, browns ect?)

Quit going off topic with that shit and talk about the task at hand. I remember watching Fedor back in what 2003?? Its 2011 now and times are changing. He is old news.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2011, 09:40:41 AM »
Again, how can I be racist against my own people? Where are these direct racist comments? And which race was I being racist towards? (blacks, whites, browns ect?)

Quit going off topic with that shit and talk about the task at hand. I remember watching Fedor back in what 2003?? Its 2011 now and times are changing. He is old news.

We will just agree that it's 2011 and Fedor is irrelevant.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2011, 10:09:15 AM »

We will just agree that it's 2011 and Fedor is irrelevant.

He has already made his impact on the sport and like I said its 2011 now, not 2003. People need to move on with the sport. Its like the delusional CroCop fans that claim he's gonna make a dramatic comeback and take the heavyweight belt lol.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2011, 11:38:08 AM »
He has already made his impact on the sport and like I said its 2011 now, not 2003. People need to move on with the sport. Its like the delusional CroCop fans that claim he's gonna make a dramatic comeback and take the heavyweight belt lol.

Wait, but he said he was hungrier than ever and has no injuries!
w

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2011, 11:38:27 AM »

Did someone hack your account or something :)

I 100% agree. AGAIN.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2011, 06:04:00 PM »
Did someone hack your account or something :)

I 100% agree. AGAIN.

Im not saying Fedor isn't one of the sports greats, I am saying he's way past his prime and people who just recently found out about him should stop acting like he is going to have another career all over again. Its over and his management has successfully made him virtually irrelevant. People need to move on and look forward to new fights and fighters building NEW legacies. All of the greats from the mid 2000's are fading away now.