Author Topic: Noahs Ark Found  (Read 63136 times)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Noahs Ark Found
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2010, 12:39:10 PM »
i still believes in the easter rabbit toooo...
F

Lumberjack88

• Getbig III
  • "Big Dreamers Never Sleep" - David Lee Roth
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2010, 12:42:25 PM »

LurkyLurker

• Getbig III
  • Advices
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2010, 12:56:03 PM »
It is actually very believable there was a world wide flood.  Practically every culture recounts a story of it in some manner or other.  How could all these cultures be telling the same story even though they are separated by language barriers, regional barriers, etc. 

Also, the mountain, grand canyon, etc.  all point towards a flood.  The layers of the earths surface as well. 

Basic science...rapid moving water automatically "stratifies" earth...creating layers very quickly.  There is actually quite a bit of science and reasoning that points to a flood.  to blindly close your eyes and say "it isnt' true" just b/c its biblical seems a little illogical.

The grand canyon and mountains do not indicate floods. What they indicate is higher water levels in some areas due to tectonic shifts. Ebbs and flows as water eventually recedes creates the crevasses of the Grand Canyon. Look up "Pangea" and you'll see where it started.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2010, 01:03:37 PM »

Brilliant. If Johnny F sniffs paint every day for 30 years he will have the intellectual dimensions of "god".

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2010, 01:06:34 PM »
It is actually very believable there was a world wide flood.  Practically every culture recounts a story of it in some manner or other.  How could all these cultures be telling the same story even though they are separated by language barriers, regional barriers, etc. 

As I said previously, this is most likely due to the fact that the Tigris river and the Nile could flood over pretty badly. And myths like that have a tendency to spread.
from incomplete data

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2010, 01:08:10 PM »
 ::) ::)
S

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2010, 01:14:56 PM »
*just sitting back reading the responses*

Haha!

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2010, 01:21:41 PM »

Also, the mountain, grand canyon, etc.  all point towards a flood.  The layers of the earths surface as well. 

Basic science...rapid moving water automatically "stratifies" earth...creating layers very quickly.  There is actually quite a bit of science and reasoning that points to a flood.  to blindly close your eyes and say "it isnt' true" just b/c its biblical seems a little illogical.

ha ha every culture recounts the story lol...of what?a flood...these cultures had no idea how the earth or any weather phenomenon actually occurred(lightning,tornado's,earthquakes)...these "cultures"thought the earth was flat for crying out loud...I'm sure if there was a flood in there specific area they thought it was flooding everywhere...they did not know any better...the sad thing is in this modern day there are still people that don't know any better...

DAWG

AC Slater

• Getbig IV
  • The king of Bayside
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2010, 01:39:31 PM »
If you think the Ark was real you are a complete dumbass with no sense of reality. All the animals in the world on one boat in a few days. LOL. Keep christianing it up. Their trick is working you silly fool.

how large must this boat be in order to support elephants, alligators, giraffes, gorillas, polar bears, rhinoceros' and komodo dragons?
I dont like twinks.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2010, 02:02:37 PM »
how large must this boat be in order to support elephants, alligators, giraffes, gorillas, polar bears, rhinoceros' and komodo dragons?

exactly...Bigger than any boat ever made...bigger than an aircraft carrier...

But it's all moot...If you are delusional enough to think a guy lived for hundreds & hundreds and hundreds of years building said boat...well...There's no point in continuing any conversation on the subject because logic has already been thrown out the window...
DAWG

AC Slater

• Getbig IV
  • The king of Bayside
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2010, 02:28:23 PM »
exactly...Bigger than any boat ever made...bigger than an aircraft carrier...

But it's all moot...If you are delusional enough to think a guy lived for hundreds & hundreds and hundreds of years building said boat...well...There's no point in continuing any conversation on the subject because logic has already been thrown out the window...

how did noah stop the animals from fighting eachother?  how did noah gather two polar bears from the arctic, and still have time to go all the way to the pacific islands and get a komodo dragon?  he also had to stop in africa to get two gorillas.  how did he accomplish all of this before the world flooded?  how did a boat that is made of wood and rope support the weight of said animals?
I dont like twinks.

epic_alien

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2010, 02:29:50 PM »
The real question is are there any dinosaur bones in it :o

they didnt get the memo. one huge hole in Christianity in which its followers choose to ignore

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2010, 02:39:29 PM »
how did noah stop the animals from fighting eachother?  how did noah gather two polar bears from the arctic, and still have time to go all the way to the pacific islands and get a komodo dragon?  he also had to stop in africa to get two gorillas.  how did he accomplish all of this before the world flooded?  how did a boat that is made of wood and rope support the weight of said animals?

lmao...

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2010, 03:25:35 PM »

one can add to the argument for a deluge not just what is written in sumerian, egyptian, babylonian texts, the bible, mesoamerican indian lore, native american indian lore, east indian belief systems but physical evidence of fossilised sea urchins found in limestone formations in the middle of the sahara desert.

the evidence for a great flood is too overwhelming to ignore, whether you are an atheist or not.
b

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2010, 03:26:58 PM »
Oh   thank   I've been looking for that all day...now I can go home! :D
((-::

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2010, 03:29:45 PM »
What would Storm-trooper Jesus do?

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2010, 03:52:38 PM »
Funny coach clings to this when its carbon dating that supposedly proves the legitimacy of The 'Ark', the same carbon dating that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt the fact of evolution 

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2010, 03:54:27 PM »
ha ha...so you have some cat living for 900 years building a boat so big that even with todays modern technology would be near impossible...then gathering two of however you want to word it into said boat.then it rains simultaneously all over the entire world...And people wonder why they get laughed at for believing such drivel...

I always wondered, how can they say he lived for 900 years when they didn't even know what a year was then?

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2010, 05:30:32 PM »
If the Bible says the universe is 6,000 years old, how are we able to see galaxies billions of light years distant?

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2010, 05:34:22 PM »
If the Bible says the universe is 6,000 years old, how are we able to see galaxies billions of light years distant?

God put them there to test our faith

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2010, 05:37:28 PM »
God put them there to test our faith

Like there isn't enough world problems

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2010, 05:59:35 PM »

Estimated to be around 300 cubits long, 50 cubits wide and about three stories high or the equivalent of about 500 box cars.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2010, 06:04:14 PM »
Estimated to be around 300 cubits long, 50 cubits wide and about three stories high or the equivalent of about 500 box cars.
Do you really believe in Noah's ark ,Coach ?

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2010, 06:09:48 PM »
Actually, God told Noah to leave the dinos behind because he knew they would eat all the other animals.  When the flood waters receded, the dinos became burried under many metres of mud and silt.  A few thousand years later, people are digging up these dino bones and falsely think they're millions of years old.  I thought that was common knowledge.

You are wrong, heavyNbasic.  Satan put the dinosaur bones in the ground to deceive us!!!!

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2010, 06:11:50 PM »
I always wondered, how can they say he lived for 900 years when they didn't even know what a year was then?

that's the whole thing these people knew next to nothing in regards to time,weather,astrology,or the earth yet people take what these ancient people say to be the gospel...
DAWG