Author Topic: Noahs Ark Found  (Read 63137 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Noahs Ark Found
« on: April 27, 2010, 09:18:15 AM »
THE remains of Noah's Ark have been discovered 13,000ft up a Turkish mountain, it has been claimed.

A group of Chinese and Turkish evangelical explorers say they have found wooden remains on Mount Ararat in eastern Turkey.

They claim carbon dating proves the relics are 4,800 years old — around the same time the ark was said to be afloat.

Noah's Ark
Biblical tale ... Noah filled the ark with two of each animal species

Yeung Wing-Cheung, from the Noah's Ark Ministries International research team, said: "It's not 100 per cent that it is Noah's Ark, but we think it is 99.9 per cent that this is it."

Dig

He said the structure contained several compartments, some with wooden beams, that they believe were used to house animals.

The group of evangelical archaeologists ruled out an established human settlement on the grounds none have ever been found above 11,000ft in the vicinity, Yeung said.

Advertisement
Quantcast

Local Turkish officials will ask the central government in Ankara to apply for UNESCO World Heritage status so the site can be protected while a major archaeological dig is conducted.

The biblical story says that God decided to flood the Earth after seeing how corrupt it was.

He then told Noah to build an ark and fill it with two of every animal species.

After the flood waters receded, the Bible says, the ark came to rest on a mountain.

Many believe that Mount Ararat, the highest point in the region, is where the ark and her inhabitants ran aground.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2949640/Noahs-Ark-found-in-Turkey.html#ixzz0mJmCVe00

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2949640/Noahs-Ark-found-in-Turkey.html

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
Re: Noahs Ark Found
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 09:23:58 AM »
The great flood myths are very common around the bigger parts of africa, europe and asia. The origins of those myths are usually attributed to the flooding of great rivers like Tigris and the Nile. There is no evidence for a world wide flood.
from incomplete data

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 09:24:14 AM »

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 09:34:39 AM »
mount ararat as the site of the ark has been a popular idea since the 70's, when the CIA took those famous photos. 

Since then, it's been shown they're nothing but rock formations and the guy who claimed he brought wood (that the ark was made from) down has been exposed as a hoax.

sorry man, i want to believe as i love that crap, but i don't think there's shit up there.
Deep Tissue Massage

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 09:35:35 AM »
also, the sun is the us equivalent of the national enquirer, so i wouldn't trust it too much.
Deep Tissue Massage

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 10:07:58 AM »
God wanted us to find the ark, 6000 years later...

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 10:22:44 AM »
LMAO...Joe will beleive anything...oh man this is good....

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 10:24:35 AM »
They claim carbon dating proves the relics are 4,800 years old — around the same time the ark was said to be afloat.

Haha this is just too funny. Last time I checked a lot of creationists have a big problem with carbon dating, but whenever it fits their purposes I guess it's all good.
from incomplete data

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 10:25:59 AM »
Ironeck made this find he deserves credit.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2010, 10:33:36 AM »
I wonder if I go to my local Home Depot if I can pick a load of gopher wood?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2010, 10:35:40 AM »
I wonder if I go to my local Home Depot if I can pick a load of gopher wood?
LMAO ;D

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2010, 10:37:00 AM »
ha ha...how old did this Noah live to be?
DAWG

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2010, 10:42:19 AM »
The real question is are there any dinosaur bones in it :o

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2010, 10:52:48 AM »
ha ha...how old did this Noah live to be?
It was like 900 years or something. And you can bet Coach would be moaning about how much old age pension and social security retirement benefits this Noah guy was soaking up.  ;D

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2010, 10:54:15 AM »
Noah's ark gets "found" about 3 times a decade.....

Someone finds something that looks like wood on a mountain and religious nuts around the world instantly start screaming "noah's ark!!"
Y

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2010, 10:54:44 AM »
As said before this claim of an 'Ark' on Mount Ararat have been going on for nearly a 100 years, almost yearly and they all get exposed as hoaxes/rock formations.The fact all the soil/rocks etc around the area prove that there has never been water at that height on the mountain makes all these discoveries completely ludicrous.

saopl

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2010, 10:57:00 AM »
 ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2010, 11:37:50 AM »
It was like 900 years or something. And you can bet Coach would be moaning about how much old age pension and social security retirement benefits this Noah guy was soaking up.  ;D

ha ha...so you have some cat living for 900 years building a boat so big that even with todays modern technology would be near impossible...then gathering two of however you want to word it into said boat.then it rains simultaneously all over the entire world...And people wonder why they get laughed at for believing such drivel...
DAWG

LurkyLurker

• Getbig III
  • Advices
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2010, 11:55:05 AM »
So global climate change due to transportation, factories and refineries spewing endless amounts of CO2 into the atmosphere for a century and a half is impossible, Coach, but the ark fairytale is entirely plausible to you?

heavyNbasic

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2010, 12:00:11 PM »
The real question is are there any dinosaur bones in it :o

Actually, God told Noah to leave the dinos behind because he knew they would eat all the other animals.  When the flood waters receded, the dinos became burried under many metres of mud and silt.  A few thousand years later, people are digging up these dino bones and falsely think they're millions of years old.  I thought that was common knowledge.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2010, 12:03:23 PM »
So global climate change due to transportation, factories and refineries spewing endless amounts of CO2 into the atmosphere for a century and a half is impossible, Coach, but the ark fairytale is entirely plausible to you?

This^^^^^

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2010, 12:11:38 PM »

It's also entirely plausible to Coach that Jesus was a coldblooded capitalist.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2010, 12:21:39 PM »
Actually, God told Noah to leave the dinos behind because he knew they would eat all the other animals.  When the flood waters receded, the dinos became burried under many metres of mud and silt.  A few thousand years later, people are digging up these dino bones and falsely think they're millions of years old.  I thought that was common knowledge.

this stuff is pure comedy gold^^^keep um comin...
DAWG

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2010, 12:36:08 PM »
If you think the Ark was real you are a complete dumbass with no sense of reality. All the animals in the world on one boat in a few days. LOL. Keep christianing it up. Their trick is working you silly fool.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2010, 12:38:45 PM »
the Torah has more spiritual truth than literal truth

it's foolish to dismiss Christianity because of the Jewish holy book