Author Topic: Noahs Ark Found  (Read 63228 times)

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Noahs Ark Found
« Reply #150 on: April 28, 2010, 10:06:49 AM »
how large must this boat be in order to support elephants, alligators, giraffes, gorillas, polar bears, rhinoceros' and komodo dragons?

I don't remember my bible stories to a T anymore but I'll give it my best shot ...haven't been to CCD class since I was in elementary school.

Take the Noah's ark for example. This boat in the Middle East somewhere had to have been bigger than the Titanic MADE OF WOOD and to take every set of animals in the world on it. How the fuck are you going to get polar bears from the north pole, kangaroos from Australia...or any animal from Australia. A moose from north America...etc. ????

Someone please try to convince me how this was possible?

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #151 on: April 28, 2010, 10:10:44 AM »
Great intelligent answer, bet you're a liberal as well?

Like Jesus?

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #152 on: April 28, 2010, 10:11:15 AM »
this post = /thread , why are you guys still arguing?

You serious? Are you saying that there was one giant flood that covered all of these cities on different continents in water?
Where would all of this water come from at once?

The rise in sea levels due to ice melting from the last ice age around 10K years ago is probably a better explanation.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #153 on: April 28, 2010, 10:13:25 AM »
this post = /thread , why are you guys still arguing?
I read a book by this clown about the Ark of the Covenant. All cobbled-together conjecture, some rough history and plenty of conspiracy. I remember at the end he said it was in a church in Ethiopia, but the guy who looked after the church wouldn't let anyone inside to see it. TA-DA! Case solved! Probably sold millions, to people like Coach and McWay.  

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #154 on: April 28, 2010, 10:17:53 AM »
The Bible gives no date for the age of the universe (or even the Earth). If I recall correctly, that "6,000" number came from a scholar who calculated the age of the planet by using Biblical geneaologies, starting (I think) from King Nebuchadnezzar and worked his way backwards.

Book of Genesis says everything was created in a week including man (heavens, earth, beasts, man). The New Testament lists the genealogies from Adam to Jesus. With this reasoning, it's approximated to be around 6 thousand years with most biblical scholars.

You can argue the semantics on what seven days actually means, but then what is to be taken figuratively and literally in the Bible? It's all arbitrary and no matter what stance you take (if you believe in the book) there will be an inevitable personal bias and interpretation.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #155 on: April 28, 2010, 10:22:27 AM »
Q: Biggest flaw of the bible? 

A: It was written by man.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #156 on: April 28, 2010, 10:30:33 AM »
LOL @ tiny brained religious nimwits trying to defend a fairy tale out of the #1 Book Of Contradictions to ever exist.

Is it any wonder why today's advancements are grounded in science and not religion?

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #157 on: April 28, 2010, 10:37:45 AM »
Is it any wonder why today's advancements are grounded in science and not religion?

One of my biggest gripes with organized religion is that some groups seek to reverse that statement.

double a ron

• Getbig II
« Reply #158 on: April 28, 2010, 10:38:15 AM »
A quote I like.........  "Faith is a weakness. Faith is the excuse we give ourselves to believe something when there is no good reason to. Faith actively stands in the way of looking for evidence and seeking further knowledge. Instead of faith, let us use reasonable expectation based on observation, and use hope for the things we cannot control."

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #159 on: April 28, 2010, 10:40:06 AM »
I read a book by this clown about the Ark of the Covenant. All cobbled-together conjecture, some rough history and plenty of conspiracy. I remember at the end he said it was in a church in Ethiopia, but the guy who looked after the church wouldn't let anyone inside to see it. TA-DA! Case solved! Probably sold millions, to people like Coach and McWay.  

Yeah, allegedly it's in Ethiopia. It has been said that the Ark of the Covenant is "powered" by white powered gold   :-\
well, anyway it has been said that the Ark produced radiation, and when it was used the description of the effects on the armies it was used on was that it made them "very, very sick" :-\
which is what happens when you come into contact with radiation. Now, when the Ark was brought out to be used, they had to wear special outfits as to not be affected by "the radiation".
Where it is supposed to be at, the caretakers wear "special outfits" to not be affected by it. The one outsider who did see it has allegedly "radiation" burns...
Believe what you want, but it also seems that Hercules was based on a real person...

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #160 on: April 28, 2010, 10:44:39 AM »
Not an assumption, it's evidence that proves although the Earth is still changing and at such a slow rate that early written history, especially since biological and geological science wasn't really intergraded as a study during biblical times, made the assumption since it had no real reference point. How can you deny that the probability of Earth being much older than 10,000
is not plausible when past history has shown that in the likelihood it is? And if the fluxuation that you speak of happened, then where's the recorded documentation from the bible for it? Um, according to the KING JAMES VERSION it does:

4For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth.

5And Noah did according unto all that the LORD commanded him.

6And Noah was six hundred years old when the flood of waters was upon the earth.  ::)

It also says (had you gone down a few more verses to number 11), In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.

Therefore, according to Scripture, The Flood was not causes SOLELY by rainfall, as I'd said earlier.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #161 on: April 28, 2010, 10:48:41 AM »
I don't remember my bible stories to a T anymore but I'll give it my best shot ...haven't been to CCD class since I was in elementary school.

Take the Noah's ark for example. This boat in the Middle East somewhere had to have been bigger than the Titanic MADE OF WOOD and to take every set of animals in the world on it. How the fuck are you going to get polar bears from the north pole, kangaroos from Australia...or any animal from Australia. A moose from north America...etc. ????

Someone please try to convince me how this was possible?

Bigger than the Titanic? Ummm.....I could have sworn that I'd posted earlier the dimensions of the Ark vs. that of the Titanic, namely (length, breadth, height):

Ark: 450 ft x 75 ft x 45 ft

Titanic: 883 ft x 93 ft x 175 ft

double a ron

• Getbig II
« Reply #162 on: April 28, 2010, 10:49:41 AM »
^^^I see what you did there......you are an apologetic, you use logical sounding arguments to rationalize your assertions all the while you are aware that the underlying assertion is irrational.  Your arguement I'm sure is completely beleiveable to the unaware and / or the gullible, so which are you?

double a ron

• Getbig II
« Reply #163 on: April 28, 2010, 10:51:18 AM »
If there is is a god, and he sent his son to start the kingdom of god, then how do we explain the millions of deaths caused by religion, how do you explain disease, cancer, etc.  Oh right, god is too busy accepting thanks from black sporting athletes to address any of those issues…….  Question:  How can evil exist with a good and omnipotent god?  And would said "omnipotent" creator make a mistake, and then REPENT for it. (that’s the whole Noah and the flood story in a nutshell)

double a ron

• Getbig II
« Reply #164 on: April 28, 2010, 10:52:19 AM »
Oh and I guess, why would he bother getting noah to do all this if he could just create it all over again?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: April 28, 2010, 10:52:27 AM »
^^^I see what you did there......you are an apologetic, you use logical sounding arguments to rationalize your assertions all the while you are aware that the underlying assertion is irrational.  Your arguement I'm sure is completely beleiveable to the unaware and / or the gullible, so which are you?

She is all of the above.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: April 28, 2010, 10:54:37 AM »
Oh and I guess, why would he bother getting noah to do all this if he could just create it all over again?

Because...  Well I mean....   You see, this is how you atheists try to......    And then he would......

The Bible says..... but......   so when it came to pass.......   

Which deflection and smoke screen excuse would you like to hear first? 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #167 on: April 28, 2010, 10:54:52 AM »
Isn't that the point MCWay... There's not enough room on the Titanic for 2 of every kind of animal, much less this supposed Ark.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #168 on: April 28, 2010, 10:57:51 AM »

Neither!! The claim has been made twice that somehow the Ark had to be bigger than any modern ship of recent memory. Yet, we have the dimensions of one mentioned modern ship, shown to actually be LARGER than the Ark.

If there is is a god, and he sent his son to start the kingdom of god, then how do we explain the millions of deaths caused by religion, how do you explain disease, cancer, etc.  Oh right, god is too busy accepting thanks from black sporting athletes to address any of those issues…….  Question:  How can evil exist with a good and omnipotent god?  And would said "omnipotent" creator make a mistake, and then REPENT for it. (that’s the whole Noah and the flood story in a nutshell)

The same reason we esplain millions MORE deaths, caused by godless regimes such as those of Stalin and Mao, whose empires each hacked up more bodies in year than the Crusaders did in a decade: Power, greed, and wanting to impose one's will onto another.

As for evil existing with a good and omnipotent God, that can be summed up in two words: FREE WILL.

double a ron

• Getbig II
« Reply #169 on: April 28, 2010, 10:59:10 AM »
I'm glad you brought up free will.  Question:  If God created me in his image, he gave me reasoning skills, questioning, and free will.  If I use these skills and my free will to not believe, not follow the church, and live my life in a moral fashion outside the confines of religion, why would he punish me for that, he made me this way?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: April 28, 2010, 11:00:02 AM »
Isn't that the point MCWay... There's not enough room on the Titanic for 2 of every kind of animal, much less this supposed Ark.

You can't use logic against zealots bro.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: April 28, 2010, 11:04:15 AM »
Like Homer said in a recent Simpsons episode, faith is for things that don't exist.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #172 on: April 28, 2010, 11:04:47 AM »
I'm glad you brought up free will.  Question:  If God created me in his image, he gave me reasoning skills, questioning, and free will.  If I use these skills and my free will to not believe, not follow the church, and live my life in a moral fashion outside the confines of religion, why would he punish me for that, he made me this way?
Because it's not free will, but an ultimatum. Free will is when you have an unconstrained condition to make a decision. In god's case, if you "decide" not to follow, you burn in hell for eternity. This means that there is a strained condition to the decision.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #173 on: April 28, 2010, 11:07:01 AM »
Well then if it's not the ark, they sure found something 13000ft on top of a mountain......

double a ron

• Getbig II
« Reply #174 on: April 28, 2010, 11:07:52 AM »
Because it's not free will, but an ultimatum. Free will is when you have an unconstrained condition to make a decision. In god's case, if you "decide" not to follow, you burn in hell for eternity. This means that there is a strained condition to the decision.

Exactly, so really god is a tyrant in a saviors clothing, I will give you free will, but if you don't follow me you will burn.  Sounds like a good method to use on kids, you can have whaterver you want to eat, but if you don't eat the brocolli I will beat you.............