Author Topic: Want big triceps????????????????  (Read 6413 times)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Want big triceps????????????????
« on: January 26, 2007, 02:04:34 PM »
make a goal of close grip benching 315 for a couple of sets of 8-10 and overhead extensions with a plate and a quarter on each side for good sets of 8-10, discuss.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
Re: Want big triceps????????????????
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 02:10:51 PM »
make a goal of close grip benching 315 for a couple of sets of 8-10 and overhead extensions with a plate and a quarter on each side for good sets of 8-10, discuss.
why not 365 for close grip and 2 plates a side for extensions??  :)
bodybuildersreality.com

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 02:15:01 PM »

brutal wrist pain...That would be some very impressive weight on close grips in my opinion.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 02:35:58 PM »
Seeing as how numbers are being thrown around without caution; Skull crushers on an Olympic style EZ bar with 320 for 4-7 reps seems to do the trick for a couple of guy's I know. Really partials but who cares. Dips (also 320-325lbs), elbows to the sides...7-10 reps. Partial close grip (4-6") BP lockouts (3-4 inches to top position) with 460-480lbs...10-18 reps. All outstanding exercises for max tricep growth. Good luck.
F

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 02:40:24 PM »
Make that 560-580 for those partial short range bench lockouts. Good Luck.
F

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 06:19:29 PM »
why not 365 for close grip and 2 plates a side for extensions??  :)
hahahaha, i'd like to keep my elbows for another few years.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 06:50:50 PM »
hahahaha, of course good 'ol JPM has to chime in with all of his powerlifting buddies awesome feats of quarter rep strength. ::)
LOL

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2007, 07:16:56 PM »
LOL
how much you want to bet that by tomorrow morning it will be "wait, how about 900-1000 pound partial lockout and weighted dips with 500lbs., good luck"?

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2007, 08:12:30 PM »
wait, how about 900-1000 pound partial lockout and weighted dips with 500lbs., good luck  ;D

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2007, 10:20:02 PM »
I think that using huge weight on arms doesnt lead to bigger arms.. there's guys that can lift up huge weight for bb curls and skullcrunches but, have small arms. the guys that 'feel' the movement and uses 50'% less weight have bigger arms. thats what i think after years of training.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2007, 03:33:16 AM »
how much you want to bet that by tomorrow morning it will be "wait, how about 900-1000 pound partial lockout and weighted dips with 500lbs., good luck"?
1,200 lb. for 1/8th reps. ;D

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2007, 05:16:06 AM »
1,200 lb. for 1/8th reps. ;D

all drugs

Swole0565

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2007, 05:48:58 AM »

I've got the feeling, that anyone who could use the poundages, you suggest, should already have some pretty damn good triceps!

Personally, I'll give the routine a try (albeit starting w/ considerably less weight) because I do want big(ger) tri's.  I'll keep the poundages mentioned, in mind, as a goal.

Overall, a good post, IMO

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2007, 05:53:05 AM »
all drugs

Getbig's Sri Chimnoy. ;D

New York—International fitness champion and global harmony leader Sri Chinmoy achieved a most astounding and amazing feat of strength, irrespective of age, in the weightlifting world by pressing two huge dumbbells totalling 740 pounds (335.66 kg) overhead. The powerful senior citizen’s seated double dumbbell press is equal to the weight of a glider airplane or a large concert piano!

Sri Chinmoy Wrist Curls Mammoth Dumbbell
Sri Chinmoy, has curled a massive 256lb (116.1kg) dumbbell with each wrist - by far the heaviest dumbbell ever curled!

It has only been just over three weeks since 74 year old Sri Chinmoy broke his own record with a wrist curl of 203lbs (92kg) - a transcendence of 30lb (13.6kg) from his previous best of 170lb (77.1kg). Not content to rest on the laurels of that amazing feat of strength, he has leapt 53lb (24kg) to curl a monstrous dumbbell that even the toughest strength athlete would probably consider impossible to move for any type of arm exercise - let alone using the tiny isolated muscles of the wrist! On top of that, Sri Chinmoy's body weight at the time of his latest triumph was 76lb (34.4kg) less than that of the dumbbell.

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2007, 09:45:04 AM »
I've got the feeling, that anyone who could use the poundages, you suggest, should already have some pretty damn good triceps!

Personally, I'll give the routine a try (albeit starting w/ considerably less weight) because I do want big(ger) tri's.  I'll keep the poundages mentioned, in mind, as a goal.

Overall, a good post, IMO

thats the most basic and tried and true way to hit the tris.. with any new routine. start light and when you feel like you can push it. then go to town.

you guys most have an impressive bench press...

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2007, 12:16:25 PM »
An old football coach of mine use to yell all the time ,"If you want to bark with the big dog's you can't keep pissing with the puppy's". So if a tiny tyke like SquidFather is only use to those plastic weights and hollow DB/BB's, and not have that much experience with heavy training, he would not to exposed to real lifting. Can't really blame the poor guy. I forgive him for his lack of judgement and knowledge. Not his fault, really. Being critical of everyone is so much easier than actually hitting a gym to find out what it's all about.

Oh, by the way, partial 900lb lockouts are not that rare. As are those 300lb+ dips or 300lbs+ Skull crushers. Quite a few men do these in regular workouts. Hope this helps. I hope the SquidFather feels free to PM me, as he has in the past, about training programs . Will be happy to set some very productive workout plans for him. Good Luck.

PS: Also hope one of the mod's doesn't delete another one of my post...for what ever unseen reason.
F

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2007, 12:17:51 PM »
Good job JPM-no bitchy personal attacks in replies to serious posts = no deletions. ;D

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2007, 02:10:14 PM »
An old football coach of mine use to yell all the time ,"If you want to bark with the big dog's you can't keep pissing with the puppy's". So if a tiny tyke like SquidFather is only use to those plastic weights and hollow DB/BB's, and not have that much experience with heavy training, he would not to exposed to real lifting. Can't really blame the poor guy. I forgive him for his lack of judgement and knowledge. Not his fault, really. Being critical of everyone is so much easier than actually hitting a gym to find out what it's all about.

Oh, by the way, partial 900lb lockouts are not that rare. As are those 300lb+ dips or 300lbs+ Skull crushers. Quite a few men do these in regular workouts. Hope this helps. I hope the SquidFather feels free to PM me, as he has in the past, about training programs . Will be happy to set some very productive workout plans for him. Good Luck.

PS: Also hope one of the mod's doesn't delete another one of my post...for what ever unseen reason.
hahahahaha, i would pay money to see these 300lb. plus lying extensions and dips, i love the way "jpm" makes it sound as if you've obviously never been in a gym if you don't do 2 inch reps with 800 pounds, hahahaha, what a delusional clown.

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Failure is not an option, train hard, get big.
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2007, 10:47:03 PM »
SquatFeather,
I have to commend you on your obviously big numbrs on your lifts. But are you keeping good form on them my brother or are you resorting to the "Weider Cheating Techniques" to accomplish them? Now granted, I am not pulling the big numbers like you are since I'm just a girl, but dude if you're doing so well why don't you compete in a powerlifting meet or better yet try to diet down for an actual bodybuilding show? Just asking...

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2007, 04:27:39 PM »
SquatFeather,
I have to commend you on your obviously big numbrs on your lifts. But are you keeping good form on them my brother or are you resorting to the "Weider Cheating Techniques" to accomplish them? Now granted, I am not pulling the big numbers like you are since I'm just a girl, but dude if you're doing so well why don't you compete in a powerlifting meet or better yet try to diet down for an actual bodybuilding show? Just asking...

He said "set a goal" he never said he was using that much weight.Maybe he is Iduno.

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2007, 07:44:46 AM »

WOW!  What a great workout!  I just followed your advice to the T, same poundages and everything!  The bad news is, my elbows popped out of the skin and I have to have my arms amputated at mid-bicep.  Thanks for the tip though!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2007, 08:14:12 AM »
WOW!  What a great workout!  I just followed your advice to the T, same poundages and everything!  The bad news is, my elbows popped out of the skin and I have to have my arms amputated at mid-bicep.  Thanks for the tip though!
hahahaha, they shouldn't, that's really not all that much weight.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2007, 08:35:09 AM »
Hey close grip aint for everyone. I did them with 250 for reps in like oct and my right wrist is still fucked. On pushing/pressing movements they hurt but pulling movements are cool. Some people swear by them, but they fucked me all up.

EZ bar lying tricep ext (heavy)4x 8-10
TWeighted dips (heavy)4x 8-10
Cable pressdowns4x (heavy)

sometimes i do DB kickouts but.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2007, 11:09:37 AM »
Hey close grip aint for everyone. I did them with 250 for reps in like oct and my right wrist is still fucked. On pushing/pressing movements they hurt but pulling movements are cool. Some people swear by them, but they fucked me all up.

EZ bar lying tricep ext (heavy)4x 8-10
TWeighted dips (heavy)4x 8-10
Cable pressdowns4x (heavy)

sometimes i do DB kickouts but.

Agreed, i never liked CGs while some love em. Obviously it's better to use an E-Z curl bar for them if possible to alleviate wrist strain. I think bench dips or dips are comparable, will work better for some.

Best size builder is lying extensions-Coleman's favorite.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2007, 11:15:13 AM »
Agreed, i never liked CGs while some love em. Obviously it's better to use an E-Z curl bar for them if possible to alleviate wrist strain. I think bench dips or dips are comparable, will work better for some.

Best size builder is lying extensions-Coleman's favorite.

Thats what i think. Not because no one else said so but they seem to work best on me. When i didnt have a bench i did them while lying on the floor.

I did have a question about them. should i lock them out, like get a full extension because i fear for my elbows. OR does it matter?