Author Topic: Oldtimer1  (Read 421979 times)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: Oldtimer1
« Reply #1375 on: September 02, 2020, 01:37:17 PM »
Heading to South Carolina 9-11-2020.  Going to be body surfing for hours every day in the surf. Eat a great meal someplace. Then have cocktails on the beach or balcony. The place has three balconies facing the ocean. One in each bedroom and the living room. Really looking forward to it. This week is moving my son into his place. Tired of moving my kids. Well it's time to lift weights and go for a run.
Nice man,I still body surf too,,,this year waves were lame last year they were destructive when we were there u couldn’t ride them in it was violent one after another crashing on beach no less last July.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1376 on: September 02, 2020, 04:51:01 PM »
Nice man,I still body surf too,,,this year waves were lame last year they were destructive when we were there u couldn’t ride them in it was violent one after another crashing on beach no less last July.

My experience is that the waves and under tow in South Carolina are milder than Jersey.  A couple of major differences is the water is sick warm in South Carolina. Another think where I go is a little scary. One year I saw everyone go out of the water. I stayed in. Then I observed everyone was looking at the water at the same area. I thought a kid was missing and I came in as fast as I could. What slowed me were three big sharks that went past me in front of me in maybe four feet of water. I could have pet them. What all the people were looking at were all the sharks going by. It spooked me for about thirty minutes when I made it to shore but I figured I'm on vacation and what are the  odds of getting killed by a shark. I went back in but my heart rate was a little higher than usual.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1377 on: September 02, 2020, 05:04:55 PM »
I did chest and bicep today then ran two miles. Used one set to failure like Yates.

Flat dumbbell bench 1 x 8 ( shoulder was protesting)
Decline dumbbell bench 1 x 9
weighted dips 1 x 10 ( tenth rep was a little ragged)
Dumbbell flies 1 x 14 (shoulder didn't like this one either. I should know better.)

Barbell curls 1 x 14
Dumbbell curls 1 x 14
Narrow grip curls 1 x 15
Concentration curls 1 x 14

Wrist curls 1 x 30
Reverse wrist extensions 1 x 21

Incline sit ups 1 x 30

Took a break for about an hour then drove to a park. Ran two mile and I was disappointed with the time but considering I did it after lifting I guess I can't be disappointed. I run with a Garmin forerunner gps watch 235. My third gps watch and the best. Gps watches are in general really are finicky technology. They often fail and have glitches. I've been using this and so far it hasn't failed me yet.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1378 on: September 02, 2020, 06:56:27 PM »
Are u going to train home now or go back to gym ,,,my gym is open and doing all things needed,,,my dad is 77 and finished his home gym during this nice setup he’s never going to gym again.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1379 on: September 03, 2020, 05:22:11 AM »
Are u going to train home now or go back to gym ,,,my gym is open and doing all things needed,,,my dad is 77 and finished his home gym during this nice setup he’s never going to gym again.

I talked to my gym's owner. It's a mom and pop operation. Not a chain. He doesn't know how he going to manage having the equipment six feet apart. He also said who wants wear a mask while training?  He said he probably is going to an outside swipe lock on his door. When it hits capacity it won't let anymore in. All of his equipment is tight and right next to each other. He would have to get rid of half his equipment to comply with the Jersey order of six feet space. I feel bad for him. He is not a chain or a franchise that has the money to put up Plexiglas between the treadmills. I know he is pissed. It might destroy his business. What restaurant or gym could survive with 25% income?

I'm staying in my basement gym for now.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #1380 on: September 03, 2020, 05:37:45 AM »
I talked to my gym's owner. It's a mom and pop operation. Not a chain. He doesn't know how he going to manage having the equipment six feet apart. He also said who wants wear a mask while training?  He said he probably is going to an outside swipe lock on his door. When it hits capacity it won't let anymore in. All of his equipment is tight and right next to each other. He would have to get rid of half his equipment to comply with the Jersey order of six feet space. I feel bad for him. He is not a chain or a franchise that has the money to put up Plexiglas between the treadmills. I know he is pissed. It might destroy his business. What restaurant or gym could survive with 25% income?

He could rope off every other machine or something like that.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1381 on: September 03, 2020, 01:45:23 PM »
Trained legs today Yates style. One set to failure. 

Leg press 1 x 15 four plates a side with a low back board completely bending my legs like an ass to grass squat.
Dumbbell squats 1 x 13 85lbs dummbbells ( Ass all the way down with an upright back. Zane calls these dumbbell hack squats)
Stiff deads off a block 1 x 8 205lbs
leg extensions 1 x 25
Seated leg curls 1 x 18

One dumbbell side bend 1 x 18 90lbs dumbbell ( Everyone is against these. I think they are important for stabilization and torso strength.
Hanging straight leg raise 1 x 25
Hip ups 1 x 26

Standing calf 1 x 20
Seated calf 1 x 20
tibalis work 1 x 20

Neck work.

As soon as I came up the stairs from my basement gym my wife had our grand daughter toddler in her car seat coming from the car. The seat with her weighs about 40lbs is my guess. The wife has  spinal cord issues and has trouble so I grabbed the seat with her.  It felt like 500lbs after the workout.  ;D  After that I headed off to help my son move. Yes, my daughter bought a new house and it was moving days last week. Today it was my oldest son moving into his apartment. He got all Ikea funiture so the boxes were relatively light and we had five people putting the stuff together. Never seen furniture like this. Do the Swedes really use this stuff? 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1382 on: September 03, 2020, 04:53:34 PM »

I should have your dad send me some pointers. Setting up a home gym seems prudent....specially for folks who are your dad's and my age.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1383 on: September 03, 2020, 04:58:55 PM »

For now, 25% is better than no income. Either way there are bills to pay.

One has to make and appointment to workout at 24 Hour Fitness. You are allowed a 90 minute window. When I went by there recently, there was maybe three or four cars in the parking lot. Before COVID-19 the lot was full most of the day and early evening.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #1384 on: September 03, 2020, 05:31:32 PM »
I've finally finished my basement gym.  Been training here the past two weeks.  Michigan is opening gyms next week.  I'm going to train at home as well as my works gym since it's opening next week as well.  As far as I'm concerned, gym owners and other businesses should continue to get assistance until they are able to operate at full capacity. 

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1385 on: September 03, 2020, 06:06:16 PM »
I've finally finished my basement gym.  Been training here the past two weeks.  Michigan is opening gyms next week.  I'm going to train at home as well as my works gym since it's opening next week as well.  As far as I'm concerned, gym owners and other businesses should continue to get assistance until they are able to operate at full capacity.

I can almost do everything I do in a commercial gym at home. Wish I had a real pulley station so I could do more pulley stuff. The commercial gym has something like this. I find so many new things I can do with a station like this. Like low two hand pulley curls. Of course chest cross overs. Punching out with one hand is a favorite. The best is incline benching with two pulley handles crossing over at the end. Other stuff like torso twists is amazing too. I would love to have it in my basement but it's just a home gym. Truth be told the older I get the more I realize that no one is at a disadvantage with a minimalist gym. Sure it's nice to have many exercise options but it's not necessary.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #1386 on: September 03, 2020, 08:00:35 PM »
I can almost do everything I do in a commercial gym at home. Wish I had a real pulley station so I could do more pulley stuff. The commercial gym has something like this. I find so many new things I can do with a station like this. Like low two hand pulley curls. Of course chest cross overs. Punching out with one hand is a favorite. The best is incline benching with two pulley handles crossing over at the end. Other stuff like torso twists is amazing too. I would love to have it in my basement but it's just a home gym. Truth be told the older I get the more I realize that no one is at a disadvantage with a minimalist gym. Sure it's nice to have many exercise options but it's not necessary.

I don't have any pulleys.  What is your opinion of those portable ones?  I would mount it to the chin up bar on my rack.  I don't have any more room for additional equipment.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1387 on: September 04, 2020, 04:42:40 AM »
I don't have any pulleys.  What is your opinion of those portable ones?  I would mount it to the chin up bar on my rack.  I don't have any more room for additional equipment.

Portable ones? Can you put up a picture?  Wait, do you mean something like this pictured below?  I see no reason why it couldn't work. Just have to make sure the mounting bar is fully secure. I know the company that makes TRX suspension exercise straps sells a very sturdy looking mounting bracket. If you have a power rack that should be sturdy enough for it.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #1388 on: September 05, 2020, 10:10:00 AM »
Hilarious. That's the one I was looking at.  Thanks.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1389 on: September 05, 2020, 03:24:17 PM »
Back day: 

Pull ups 2 x max (did the reps all the way up and dead hang. Limited the reps but I really felt it.)
Pulldowns 1 x 14 (I keep an upright back. I know the majority lean back and heave but rightly or wrongly I believe it hits the lats better done strict. Willing to listen to other opinions on this.)
Low cable seated rows with a V handle 170lbs 1 x 15 (My back was pumped after this)
Dumbbell rows off a bench  1 x 14 85lbs
Deadlifts 1 x 6 (the usual 315lbs. Felt somewhat easy today. I guess because I didn't run yesterday
Weighted Hyper extensions 1 x 20 25lbs plate behind my head.

Weighted crunches 1 x 60 5lbs plate behind head (Seem this is the most corrupted exercise in history. People just bend their neck instead of raising their upper back off the floor.)
Pulley crunches 1 x 25 (increased the weight to lower the reps. I've been doing about 50 reps with this. Increasing the weights had me failing around the 25 rep range. )

After I hit the pool drinking Guinness. September in NJ is a wide range of weather. It was around 75 and sunny.  The water was cool but we had a great time. Tomorrow is delt and triceps.

A friend invited us to her beach house tomorrow  that's about 100 feet from the beach.  Excited about it. She is a hot tall 58 year year old or so that looks amazing in her bikini. Her two sons are giants that played division I football. Really enjoyed watching them play on tv. She was always in the stands and when the commentator would mention her sons on tv we would call her to let her know. She had high hopes they would make  the pros but anyone that seriously knows sports know only the best of the best get that call. Her one son was a starting linebacker at Boston for awhile but making it to the pros wasn't in the cards. He works on Wall street so he landed on his feet. Instead of making 10 million in three years to exit with injuries and no job, he surely will make ten million in 30 years. Her two sons are friendly giants that could pull my arms out of my sockets. They always call me sir making me feel old. Going to body surf with some alcohol in me tomorrow. Yahoo!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1390 on: September 05, 2020, 03:26:39 PM »
Back day: 

Pull ups 2 x max (did the reps all the way up and dead hang. Limited the reps but I really felt it.)
Pulldowns 1 x 14 (I keep an upright back. I know the majority lean back and heave but rightly or wrongly I believe it hits the lats better done strict)
Low cable seated rows with a V handle 170lbs 1 x 15 (My back was pumped after this)
Dumbbell rows off a bench  1 x 14 85lbs
Deadlifts 1 x 6 (the usual 315lbs. Felt somewhat easy today. I guess because I didn't run yesterday
Weighted Hyper extensions 1 x 20 25lbs plate behind my head.

Weighted crunches 1 x 60 5lbs plate behind head (Seem this is the most corrupted exercise in history. People just bend their neck instead of raising their upper back off the floor.)
Pulley crunches 1 x 25 (increased the weight to lower the reps. I've been doing about 50 reps with this. Increasing the weights had me failing around the 25 rep range. )

After I hit the pool drinking Guinness. September in NJ is a wide range of weather. It was around 75 and sunny.  The water was cool but we had a great time. Tomorrow is delt and triceps.

A friend invited us to her beach house that's about 100 feet from the beach.  Excited about it. She is a hot tall 58 year year old or so that looks amazing in her bikini. Her two sons are giants that played division I football. Really enjoyed watching them play on tv. She was always in the stands and when the commentator would mention her sons on tv we would call her to let her know. She had high hopes they would make  the pros but anyone that seriously knows sports know only the best of the best get that call. Her one son was a starting linebacker at Boston for awhile but making it to the pros wasn't in the cards. He works on Wall street so he landed on his feet. Instead of making 10 million in three years to exit with injuries and no job, he surely will make ten million in 30 years. Her two sons are friendly giants that could pull my arms out of my sockets. They always call me sir making me feel old. Going to body surf with some alcohol in me. Yahoo!!!

Body surfing and alcohol are a bad mix.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1391 on: September 05, 2020, 03:30:03 PM »
Body surfing and alcohol are a bad mix.

I disagree. It's the best mix.  9 out of 10 drunks agree.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1392 on: September 05, 2020, 03:52:57 PM »
I disagree. It's the best mix.  9 out 10 drunks agree.

Yes they agree, right up until the time they get caught in the undertow and drown.

There's a favorite swimming spot on the Clackamas river known as High Rocks. The name stems from the fact the there a cliff like bank where people can dive into the river. There's also a lot of recreational boating on the Clackamas river. Every years several people drown there. Maybe a few less this year because of the pandemic.

PORTLAND, Ore. — AMR announced Thursday popular swimming spots along area rivers will be without lifeguards this year because of the coronavirus.

Certain areas are more concerning than others. At High Rocks, along the Clackamas River in Oregon City and Gladstone, swimmers are at higher risk of drowning because of fast-moving water, and many people jump from the towering rocks there and into the river.

https://www.opb.org/news/article/woman-drowns-swimming-clackamas-river/

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1393 on: September 05, 2020, 06:16:41 PM »
Somebody tell a joke here. It's getting too dark.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1394 on: September 06, 2020, 06:49:57 PM »
Delt and triceps: Yates style of one set to failure.

Military press 1x9
Dumbbell laterals 1 x 15
Rear delt dumbbell laterals 1 x 14
Face pulls 1 x 21
barbell shrug 1 x 15

Rope tricep 1  x14
EZ curl bar tricep extensions seated 1 x 8
Reverse grip single arm pulley tricep extension 1  x 13
Single dumbbell behind the head using one arm 1 x 13

Weighted crunches 1 x 50
Pulley crunches 1 x 30

Went to the beach. Tried to body surf but the waves were small. I go to a family beach. Rarely see any true racy bathing suits. Today was not that day. Plenty of ass hanging out of thongs and semi thongs with cleavage to match. The women didn't disappoint. I fell asleep on a blanket and woke up feeling like I was baking. Prime would be happy to hear I didn't drink on the beach. I waited till I came home and drank pool side. Had a horrible late night snack. It comprised of ice cream, gummy bears and some potato chips. I don't know how I'm not a big soft fat guy.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1395 on: September 08, 2020, 04:09:53 PM »
Ran two miles and hit the heavy bag prior to work.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1396 on: September 09, 2020, 09:12:54 AM »
Did an abbreviated workout this morning.  I didn’t set the alarm correctly before work.

Power clean 4x3
Military press 1 x 9
Dumbbell delt lateral 1x15
Concentration curl 2x12
Two arm two dumbbells tricep extension 2x10

Decided to take off 10 days off from lifting.  Going on vacation starting Friday. If I break the self imposed lifting break on vacation it will be light pumping. A friend of mine that did really well in the Mr. America in 1976 trains at a gym a block away from my condo.  If he invites me to train with him then I will train hard.  I won’t mention his name.  I have a feeling he wants nothing to do with this site.   

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1397 on: September 09, 2020, 01:48:29 PM »
Did an abbreviated workout this morning.  I didn’t set the alarm correctly before work.

Power clean 4x3
Military press 1 x 9
Dumbbell delt lateral 1x15
Concentration curl 2x12
Two arm two dumbbells tricep extension 2x10

Decided to take off 10 days off from lifting.  Going on vacation starting Friday. If I break the self imposed lifting break on vacation it will be light pumping. A friend of mine that did really well in the Mr. America in 1976 trains at a gym a block away from my condo.  If he invites me to train with him then I will train hard.  I won’t mention his name.  I have a feeling he wants nothing to do with this site.   

Your friend is a smart man.

It is interesting that you are setting up reasons to workout during your short vacation. Why am I not surprised about this?

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1398 on: September 11, 2020, 05:06:23 PM »
I'm in North Carolina heading down to Myrtle. Still debating whether to workout or just enjoy myself. I bought my boxing gloves so I will probably end up working out. Nice gym about 2 blocks from my condo with a heavy bag. If I wasn't so much of a lunatic I would take a week off and do nothing but body surf.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #1399 on: September 11, 2020, 05:09:12 PM »
I'm in North Carolina heading down to Myrtle. Still debating whether to workout or just enjoy myself. I bought my boxing gloves so I will probably end up working out. Nice gym about 2 blocks from my condo with a heavy bag. If I wasn't so much of a lunatic I would take a week off and do nothing but body surf.

Are you an avid boxing fan?  Or just enjoy boxing training?