Author Topic: Classic Physique and Men's Physique need to be dropped  (Read 2501 times)

Brian Poulos

• Getbig III
Classic Physique and Men's Physique need to be dropped
« on: September 20, 2018, 04:41:22 PM »
The only classes that matter are 212 class and the real Mr Olympia class. Those are the hot freaky mass monsters. These physique classes are for punks.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
Re: Classic Physique and Men's Physique need to be dropped
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 05:03:58 PM »
The only classes that matter are 212 class and the real Mr Olympia class. Those are the hot freaky mass monsters. These physique classes are for punks.

You lost the real men (myself included) here at "Those are the hot..."   :-X

Save yourself.  Delete this thread now. 

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 05:12:04 PM »

Classic Physique and Men's Physique = "Bikini Boys".  ;)

Brian Poulos

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 06:23:30 PM »
Exactly! None of us got into this sport to look at wimps.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 06:35:30 PM »
Exactly! None of us got into this sport to look at wimps.

:-*

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2018, 09:05:57 PM »
There should be mens bodybuilding and womens bikini.  Everything else is stupid and ghey.

Joe Pietaro

• Getbig III
  • Publisher, MuscleSport Magazine
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2018, 09:03:11 AM »
I agree. And throw in bikini, too, for good measure. Have MPD and bikini back to what they were originally - as part of a Beach Body competition for regular folks.

Classic physique is redundant since they should have been scoring the more aesthetic guys higher, anyway.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2018, 01:01:18 PM »
Classic physique is good imo..not everyone wants to take what is needed to look like big ramy..also i was 6ft going up against guys that were 5ft 6 and weighed the same that were built like fire hydrants.
irongearco.com

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2018, 01:13:23 PM »
Some people have the oddest notions.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2018, 01:25:48 PM »
JOE, You've been around long enough and damn well know enough to realize that the NPC/IFBB is a business ... And a damn profitable business now-a-days!

And it's good business for any successful business to retain and maintain those successful parts or endeavors of any business to maintain or increase the 'bottom line'!

The newest addition to his very successful organizaton  is this so called "AMATEUR OLYMPIA" ... a two day event which drew hundreds of amateur contenders, their coaches, their family, and their fans from 'around' all parts of this flat planet that we reside upon filling up those $56 - $112 seats in the Orleans Theater two days running even before any of the Olympia Pro events or the Expo got underway.

What events within today's NPC/IFBB  organization would you delete if you were to step into Jim Manion's moccasins? They all appear to be very profitable.

You appear to be a good businessman and my best bet is that you might even consider resurrecting the COUPLES COMPETITION .... ala the days of Jeff and Cory!

Whatz your "thinks" on this?

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2018, 02:17:05 PM »

Totally agree there .

At first I thought it was a bright idea to bring the Classic physique contest on stage .....   but

One thing is to consider Mike Christian, Bob Paris, Haney, Labrada  DeMEy, etc the ideal or the  CLASSIC Olympian physique ...

But a bunch of Narcissistics  youtubers ?   a complete joke that I thought it was reserved only for beauty pageants girls

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Brian Poulos

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2018, 04:30:31 PM »
Totally agree there .

At first I thought it was a bright idea to bring the Classic physique contest on stage .....   but

One thing is to consider Mike Christian, Bob Paris, Haney, Labrada  DeMEy, etc the ideal or the  CLASSIC Olympian physique ...

But a bunch of Narcissistics  youtubers ?   a complete joke that I thought it was reserved only for beauty pageants girls

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

What's needed and wanted is mass. Enormous, unbridled, throbbing, mass.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2018, 05:46:28 PM »

100% HOMO comment !.
Dwarfs love each other , don't they B.P.

:(

Joe Pietaro

• Getbig III
  • Publisher, MuscleSport Magazine
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2018, 01:38:42 PM »
JOE, You've been around long enough and damn well know enough to realize that the NPC/IFBB is a business ... And a damn profitable business now-a-days!

And it's good business for any successful business to retain and maintain those successful parts or endeavors of any business to maintain or increase the 'bottom line'!

The newest addition to his very successful organizaton  is this so called "AMATEUR OLYMPIA" ... a two day event which drew hundreds of amateur contenders, their coaches, their family, and their fans from 'around' all parts of this flat planet that we reside upon filling up those $56 - $112 seats in the Orleans Theater two days running even before any of the Olympia Pro events or the Expo got underway.

What events within today's NPC/IFBB  organization would you delete if you were to step into Jim Manion's moccasins? They all appear to be very profitable.

You appear to be a good businessman and my best bet is that you might even consider resurrecting the COUPLES COMPETITION .... ala the days of Jeff and Cory!

I totally agree with you that it is a business and those new/shit divisions are only there because they bring in more competitors and dollars. So from a business standpoint, it makes more sense to keep adding categories until there's a show every day of the year and every 'Joe and Jane' are up there showing off their wares.

But from a 'fan' and even journalist's standpoint, these divisions have watered down the industry so much that it has become unwatchable and that even has effected the 'real' divisions because some people have tapped out (folks who are only going to watch and have no vested interest such as a friend or family member competing.)

I despise the Amateur Olympia, Arnold Amateur, etc. and feel that those shows should carry their own title/weight regardless of where and when they are held.

I was unaware that Manion wore moccasins - LOL - but I would still keep the 'regular' people in their places with the beach body contests but have them pay to enter with incentives of a photo shoot for NPC News Online.

And perhaps I am in the minority, but I loved the couples' competitions. I would bring that back in a heartbeat, as well as a legit Masters Olympia where people can only enter if they have been inactive for at least 18 months. What they did in 2012 was stupid - you had Dexter and X-Man up against guys who hadn't taken the stage in a decade-plus.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2018, 01:58:14 PM »
classic is great

just like track and field there are more than just 100m, there is 200m 400m 800m 1500m etc

OP post a pic

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2018, 04:32:05 PM »

Stunt 'Olympia Amateur' exist since 2011 .  ;)

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2018, 04:34:01 PM »
classic is great

just like track and field there are more than just 100m, there is 200m 400m 800m 1500m etc

OP post a pic

Classic is the best !.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2018, 08:11:14 PM »
IRON, I honestly had no idea that there was an Amateur Olympia until ths year when I was looking for an NPC contest that would be open to NN US CITIZENS and I was surprised that there was one.

Ar hee any other NPC events open to foreigners that you may be aware of?

In the past you had to be a US Citizen to enter an NPC amateur event and a US Pro to enter an IFBB contest held in the US.

This could have been one of the many problems that caused the IFBB split.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2018, 08:17:19 PM »

Bikini boys? Look whose wearing the thongs!lol

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2018, 08:18:14 PM »
IRON, I honestly had no idea that there was an Amateur Olympia until ths year when I was looking for an NPC contest that would be open to NN US CITIZENS and I was surprised that there was one.

Ar hee any other NPC events open to foreigners that you may be aware of?

In the past you had to be a US Citizen to enter an NPC amateur event and a US Pro to enter an IFBB contest held in the US.

This could have been one of the many problems that caused the IFBB split.

Midget Olympia (aka: 212).  And there's more "Olympias" too.  They've diluted the importance of the title by overselling it.  

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2018, 12:31:33 AM »
Midget Olympia (aka: 212).  And there's more "Olympias" too.  They've diluted the importance of the title by overselling it.  

Actually '212' is not MR.Olympia contest  ;)

Kwon3

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2018, 12:32:57 AM »

Actually '212' is not MR.Olympia contest  ;)
Actually '212' IS MR.Olympia contest  ;)
http://mrolympia.com/2018/212-showdown

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2018, 12:48:34 AM »
Actually '212' IS MR.Olympia contest  ;)
http://mrolympia.com/2018/212-showdown

212 Olympia Showdown , NOT Mr.Olympia !.

+ NO Frederick W. Pomeroy statue  ;)

Kwon3

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2018, 12:53:21 AM »

212 Olympia Showdown , NOT Mr.Olympia !.

+ NO Frederick W. Pomeroy statue  ;)
Semantics. It's part of the Mr. Olympia show, which comprises multiple divisions, as Scott said. Stop being stupid.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2018, 12:55:29 AM »
Semantics. It's part of the Mr. Olympia show, which comprises multiple divisions, as Scott said. Stop being stupid.

Look for 212 trophy  ;D