Author Topic: 2012 NFL  (Read 54692 times)

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
Re: 2011 NFL Free agency - The NFL has returned.
« Reply #100 on: August 11, 2011, 04:04:44 PM »
Will definitely hurt.  The o-line is pretty thin. 

I thought you guys got two top O-Lineman last year and they are pretty young, which is not that bad when it comes to protection. I did like the Goodwin pick up.  8)
D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #101 on: August 11, 2011, 04:23:58 PM »
I thought you guys got two top O-Lineman last year and they are pretty young, which is not that bad when it comes to protection. I did like the Goodwin pick up.  8)

Two good picks last year.  But we lack depth. 

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: August 12, 2011, 10:59:42 AM »
Ravens make the trade to Buffalo for Lee Evans.  8) A nice pick up for Baltimore to get past the Steelers.
D

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #103 on: August 12, 2011, 11:29:42 AM »
Ravens make the trade to Buffalo for Lee Evans.  8) A nice pick up for Baltimore to get past the Steelers.

I concur. I'm glad the Ravens passed on Jericho crotch rot. Always a bad sign when a skill position player is coming off of back surgery.

Evans' speed is going to help stretch the defense for Ray Rice.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: August 12, 2011, 11:37:23 AM »
I concur. I'm glad the Ravens passed on Jericho crotch rot. Always a bad sign when a skill position player is coming off of back surgery.

Evans' speed is going to help stretch the defense for Ray Rice.

Is there a way that Ray Rice and shut James Harrison up?  ??? Can he maybe run over his ass?  ???
D

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #105 on: August 12, 2011, 02:00:05 PM »
Is there a way that Ray Rice and shut James Harrison up?  ??? Can he maybe run over his ass?  ???

Would like to see it, but no way on this planet Rice runs over Harrison.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: August 12, 2011, 03:13:31 PM »
Would like to see it, but no way on this planet Rice runs over Harrison.

If he can run like a Bowling ball, it can happen.  8) I just wanna see someone shut his ass up.
D

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #107 on: August 18, 2011, 07:10:38 PM »
First time seeing the eagles tonight.

Their front 7 is smaller than ever. Even when patterson gets back, theyll still be small. Their lb's look like safetys. Pittsburg was pushing them all over the field. Didnt get a chance to see the 1st string offense play much because pitt methodically controlled the game on offense.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #108 on: August 18, 2011, 10:29:26 PM »
steelers dominated the "dream team"

bad news for all the steeler haters out there 8)

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: August 20, 2011, 12:07:13 PM »
Steelers did look pretty damn good in their last game.

The Ravens, on the other hand, haven't looked so great. Their O-line looks shaky. Hope Flacco can learn to keep plays alive like Big Ben when he's running for his life.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: August 22, 2011, 10:00:24 AM »
memo to the N.Y. Giants organization.....you fucked up passing on Plaxico Buress for a mere 3 million bargain. They might have been able to sign him for less with their leverage over him. He publicly said he wantd to come back to the Giants if they would have him.

If he stays healthy this year, he will score 8-10 TD's, easily. You can't teach size in the red zone.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: August 22, 2011, 12:07:48 PM »
Liked what I saw from the Niner offense.  Granted it was against the Raiders, but Braylon Edwards is a good addition and the RBs looked great.  When Crabtree comes back Alex Smith will have no excuses. 

Also impressed with the Miami offense.  Bush was a good pickup, along with Shockey.  They should be much better on O this year. 

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: August 22, 2011, 01:19:31 PM »
Liked what I saw from the Niner offense.  Granted it was against the Raiders, but Braylon Edwards is a good addition and the RBs looked great.  When Crabtree comes back Alex Smith will have no excuses. 

Also impressed with the Miami offense.  Bush was a good pickup, along with Shockey.  They should be much better on O this year. 

Not sure if you are serious?  :-\ Bush is not a every down back.
D

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: August 22, 2011, 01:38:51 PM »

Maybe not but he'll be a nice change of pace back, especially on 3rd downs. His real value is on punt returns. Talented player for sure but never should have been drafted in the top 5 out of college.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: August 22, 2011, 02:23:35 PM »

I don't think he's going to be an every down back in that offense.  Doesn't need to be.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: August 22, 2011, 02:33:01 PM »
I don't think he's going to be an every down back in that offense.  Doesn't need to be.

Who do they have now? I know Ronnie Brown is now with the Eagles and not sure if Ricky Williams is still with the Dolphins. I just want them to get rid of that damn Wild Cat shit and let Henne be a QB.
D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: August 22, 2011, 02:40:51 PM »
Who do they have now? I know Ronnie Brown is now with the Eagles and not sure if Ricky Williams is still with the Dolphins. I just want them to get rid of that damn Wild Cat shit and let Henne be a QB.

Some guy I've never heard of.  He looked pretty good.  

They didn't run the Wildcat at all (at least I didn't see it).  Henne looked really good.  Was on the money.  Good mobility.  Marshall, Bess, and Shockey give him some great targets.  

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: August 22, 2011, 02:53:26 PM »
Some guy I've never heard of.  He looked pretty good.  

They didn't run the Wildcat at all (at least I didn't see it).  Henne looked really good.  Was on the money.  Good mobility.  Marshall, Bess, and Shockey give him some great targets.  

::) ::) You are loosing creditably with that statement. I would think that Henne could least hit Bess in his hands and when it comes to Marshall.....just throw it up there and he will go get it. I had so much hope for Henne when he came into the league but he is looking like a 2nd round bust.  :-\ I think Chad's mental state is just going to get worse since the fan base has givin up on him. I remember seeing Steven Ross (Dolphins Owner) saying that Henne would be better than Dan Marino.  ::) ::) I also felt that the reason Ross drafted him was because they both went to Michigan. Henne has always had a gun slinger mentality.  :-\
D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: August 22, 2011, 03:11:28 PM »
::) ::) You are loosing creditably with that statement. I would think that Henne could least hit Bess in his hands and when it comes to Marshall.....just throw it up there and he will go get it. I had so much hope for Henne when he came into the league but he is looking like a 2nd round bust.  :-\ I think Chad's mental state is just going to get worse since the fan base has givin up on him. I remember seeing Steven Ross (Dolphins Owner) saying that Henne would be better than Dan Marino.  ::) ::) I also felt that the reason Ross drafted him was because they both went to Michigan. Henne has always had a gun slinger mentality.  :-\

I'm losing credibility because I think Henne looked good?   ::)  I watched an 1 hour and 10 minutes of the Miami v. Carolina game while I was on the treadmill this morning.  Say what you want about whether Henne is good, bad, gunslinger, or whatever, but he looked good in that game.  I don't have any opinion on the guy, because I don't see Miami play much, but as for his performance, it was fine.  Had a good command of the offense.  

And you can argue with his stats all you want:  15-24, 194 yards, 2 carries for 20 yards.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=310819015

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #119 on: August 22, 2011, 03:12:41 PM »
memo to the N.Y. Giants organization.....you fucked up passing on Plaxico Buress for a mere 3 million bargain. They might have been able to sign him for less with their leverage over him. He publicly said he wantd to come back to the Giants if they would have him.

If he stays healthy this year, he will score 8-10 TD's, easily. You can't teach size in the red zone.

Hell are you talking about? As far as i know nyj offered plax more money and he took it.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: August 22, 2011, 03:17:51 PM »
I'm losing credibility because I think Henne looked good?   ::)  I watched an 1 hour and 10 minutes of the Miami v. Carolina game while I was on the treadmill this morning.  Say what you want about whether Henne is good, bad, gunslinger, or whatever, but he looked good in that game.  I don't have any opinion on the guy, because I don't see Miami play much, but as for his performance, it was fine.  Had a good command of the offense.  

And you can argue with his stats all you want:  15-24, 194 yards, 2 carries for 20 yards.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=310819015

That is all i needed to know right there.  ;) I do not know much about San Fran and that is why i respect your opinion on them because i never get to see their games. I watched alot of Miami games last year and he looked lost.  :-\ I would respect your opinion more if you watched him for four years and then watched him at Miami, but for some reason Chad cannot live up to be what he was suppose to be coming out of college.  :-\ Chad was supposed to be the next Tom Brady.
D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: August 22, 2011, 03:34:43 PM »
That is all i needed to know right there.  ;) I do not know much about San Fran and that is why i respect your opinion on them because i never get to see their games. I watched alot of Miami games last year and he looked lost.  :-\ I would respect your opinion more if you watched him for four years and then watched him at Miami, but for some reason Chad cannot live up to be what he was suppose to be coming out of college.  :-\ Chad was supposed to be the next Tom Brady.

Dude you got it all twisted.  I don't need to watch someone play during the season to evaluate a one-game performance.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: August 22, 2011, 03:44:31 PM »
Dude you got it all twisted.  I don't need to watch someone play during the season to evaluate a one-game performance.

Hell, how can you evaluate a player with just watching one half of a game?  ??? I mean, i know you are not breaking down every throw he makes, but how can you say he is a good player by just watching one half of a pre-season game? If that is the case, then did you see him against Atlanta? Henne was making all the wrong reads and will always rely on his check downs. Henne is loosing confidence in himself.  :-\

D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: August 22, 2011, 04:01:12 PM »
Hell, how can you evaluate a player with just watching one half of a game?  ??? I mean, i know you are not breaking down every throw he makes, but how can you say he is a good player by just watching one half of a pre-season game? If that is the case, then did you see him against Atlanta? Henne was making all the wrong reads and will always rely on his check downs. Henne is loosing confidence in himself.  :-\

What??  How else do you evaluate a one-game performance without watching him play in one game? 

You're talking about his career/season-long performances.  I'm talking about what I saw in the preseason game against Carolina. 

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #124 on: August 22, 2011, 07:47:50 PM »
Terrelle Thomas done for the season.

unbelievable  ::)