Author Topic: Dexter's speech at the Arnold  (Read 2922 times)

GoneAway

• Getbig V
Dexter's speech at the Arnold
« on: March 16, 2008, 01:28:39 AM »

seems like a good guy. seems to tell it like it is and has a good laugh with everyone else about the 'hydroxycut' stuff. i can see y arnold would be upset, as dex shot down a chance to say how hard of a worker he is (even if he isn't, it still looks good on paper), and made arnold look a little stupid by saying he didn't pose at all, but one thing u never wanna hear from a champion is that theyre lazy. it kind of makes the whole process of competing look stupid, that a lazy person can win. anyway, just my thoughts.

Moosejay

Re: Dexter's speech at the Arnold
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 01:34:50 AM »
A simple ploy by dex to make people think he is so far superior to everyone else...that your supreme efforts do not allow you to come near his development, which allow him to be the best in the world, and with supposed minimal effort. Kicker is he does not have to spawn such falsehoods...they only take away from his integrity

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 01:42:20 AM »
moosejay, r u suggesting that dex trains for more than an hour a day and does practice his posing?

Moosejay

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 01:55:57 AM »
I believe he does.

However, if he does not, its disingenuous to come across to all in his dismissive, shoulder-shrugging, 'ain't no big thang' way that he does.

And, its disrespectful to Arnold.

Almost like when Zane, during 1979's post interview with Arnold on national tv, that Zane made it seem like he had beaten Arnie the week before.

Disrespectful.

Moosejay

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 01:58:18 AM »
Additionally, it must be agreed that at least, at one time, Dex had to work and pounish himself, and extremely hard, and have ever-lasting training sessions to build the best physique owned on the planet by him today. Maybe he should add that he does not train the same as he once did. That could defuse the disdain of Arnold and others...

aussiepro

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2008, 02:16:39 AM »
he does come across as arrogant... he should have said something a bit better than only 1 hour a day and dosen't do anything else... just proves that he is loaded full of ecery fucken drug out there...
BTW i do like dex so im not ripping on him, but he still should have said something a little better
there's no magic pills... just needles

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2008, 02:38:04 AM »
dexter sounds like/is a dick. But, i believe him, hour day of fine tuning and more drugs. I mean, at some point in the past, he must have work hard to get that built and posing down tho. BTW, hydrocut hardcore is great for a pickup. ;)
A

FreedomFighter

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2008, 03:41:35 AM »
Arnold said " what do you feel like winning three times in a ROW " ??? i think he missed his morning coffee or something lol

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2008, 03:51:25 AM »
Dexter was a fool in that clip - Arnold had every right to pop the "pills" question at him after his unbelieveable arrogance and corporate kiss-arseing.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2008, 03:59:43 AM »
I think the way Dex down played everything was stupid. He made it seem like prep for the show was easy, training was easy, and being a bb'er is easy. He may have only trained an hour a day, but he should have said something a little better than just that. We want to hear how hard it was training and getting ready, not that it was easy.
No doubt about it...

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2008, 04:20:03 AM »
"... I prayed to God"

Ha ha ha. Funniest part right here.

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2008, 05:06:05 AM »
I love how Arnold called out Dexter and said this was from taking "pills" and Dexter looking like a deer in headlights retorted by saying, 'Hydroxycut.' Yeah, OK.  ::)

Long live The King! And I don't mean Dexter.  ;D

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2008, 05:56:03 AM »
lol i think he was just having a little fun, made the seriousness of the moment dull slightly and Arnold was just as equally smartass to him

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2008, 08:21:17 PM »
I love how Arnold called out Dexter and said this was from taking "pills" and Dexter looking like a deer in headlights retorted by saying, 'Hydroxycut.' Yeah, OK.  ::)

Long live The King! And I don't mean Dexter.  ;D

if u were dexter, what would u say in response to arnold's 'pill' comment?

"yeah, i did take a few pills. a bit of d-bol, aswell as some hgh and test injections..."

i dont think so! :) bbing is alot about hiding the drug use and dexter is actually doing a good thing by promoting NATURAL products. hey, it likely won't get u anywhere as near as muscular as dexter, but it's safer than using drugs and it's better for the bbing/supplement industry.

Moosejay

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2008, 08:27:21 PM »
"... I prayed to God"

Ha ha ha. Funniest part right here.

Did he say that?

Oh, puh-leeze.

As if God were against all others that night, except for him (Aside from all the felonies committed by him and all other 'champs' on stage-sure God is not with him there...)

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2008, 08:45:34 PM »
from now on, Dex won't win anything in Columbus or anything that has Arnold involved
I am a mini beast

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2008, 08:49:12 PM »
if u were dexter, what would u say in response to arnold's 'pill' comment?

"yeah, i did take a few pills. a bit of d-bol, aswell as some hgh and test injections..."

i dont think so!

You're right, I wouldn't have. I would've said I was part of Muscle Asylum's Project.  :P

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2008, 08:49:54 PM »
Wonder what Arnie thinks of drugs?
I hate the State.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2008, 08:58:23 PM »
You're right, I wouldn't have. I would've said I was part of Muscle Asylum's Project.  :P

lol. thing is, dex didnt say he was taking hydroxycut. so if u want to get technical, there are other reasons as to why he could have brought the name up (in theory, anyway).

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2008, 12:33:10 AM »
Did he say that?

Oh, puh-leeze.

As if God were against all others that night, except for him (Aside from all the felonies committed by him and all other 'champs' on stage-sure God is not with him there...)
it works for ronnie coleman he is 8 time olympian he thanks god all the time.....for all the drug he can take without getting caught

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2008, 04:41:18 AM »
lol. thing is, dex didnt say he was taking hydroxycut. so if u want to get technical, there are other reasons as to why he could have brought the name up (in theory, anyway).

I think there's only one reason as to why he threw the name Hydroxycut out there - they're his sponsor.

Sumpa

• Getbig III
  • GetHUGE!
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2008, 05:23:33 AM »
Dexter was just telling it like it is. Why would you want him to lie?
@ssload of steroids + 1 h/day training = champion physique.
Team Nasser!

Moosejay

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2008, 05:25:13 AM »
Dexter was just telling it like it is. Why would you want him to lie?
@ssload of steroids + 1 h/day training = champion physique.

Dexter= VERY POOR SELF-MARKETER

Sumpa

• Getbig III
  • GetHUGE!
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2008, 05:28:24 AM »
Dexter= VERY POOR SELF-MARKETER

Yes, people prefer people who lie about "hard work" and cardio when in fact it's all drugs...
Team Nasser!

Moosejay

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2008, 05:31:14 AM »
Yes, people prefer people who lie about "hard work" and cardio when in fact it's all drugs...

Like it or not, true or false, anyone in business will tell you it's all marketing.