Author Topic: Appeals Court Slashes Trump's Bond to $175 Million in $454 Million Civil Fraud J  (Read 2409 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
It really should be tried as a violation of the 8th amendment.

That and the fact there is no victim.  The "victims" testified in Trump's favor.  And the absurd valuation of Mar-a-Lago.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

Charlie Kirk
@charliekirk11
Michael Steele, a former RNC head turned left-wing pundit (lot of those to go around) says Donald Trump’s record-setting bond amount was only lowered due to “special treatment” from the courts.

Of course, the only reason Trump is forced to put up a $175 million bond in the first place is because of Letitia James' "special treatment" where she ran for AG to "get Trump."

New York state's "special treatment" involved temporarily changing the statute of limitations so E. Jean Carroll could sue Trump for a “rape” she thinks happened decades ago — “she thinks” because, actually, she admits not even knowing what year it supposedly happened.

Trump's "special treatment" has him facing 700 years in federal prison while Joe Biden got off the hook for being too senile to face a jury (but not too senile to be president).

Alvin Bragg's "special treatment" involved inventing a never-before-used legal theory charging Trump for covering up a federal crime — a crime he has never been convicted of or even charged with.

The only “special treatment” in this country is for protected classes and Democrats, and we all know it.

What an insane take.
Michael Steele
@MichaelSteele
·
Mar 25
Yet again, @realDonaldTrump gets special treatment with his own private system of justice. The NY Appeals Court has decided to give Trump more time to pay less money by reducing his bond from $454M to $175 and giving him 10 days to get the money. This makes absolutely no sense.

https://twitter.com/charliekirk11/status/1772313776416768185

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
https://newrepublic.com/post/180475/don-hankey-trump-bond-money

May not have the money to back the bond?

Basically,  this is a ploy for an additional 10-day delay. What will Trump and company produce next. Defrauding the same court that tried you for fraud and won does not seem wise. The judge and the prosecution is likely really pissed.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
A couple of things to think about :

Knight Insurance Group, doesn't even make the list of firms approved by the Treasury to issue such so-called surety bonds.

“It was an opportunity to step in and make a little bit of money and take very little risk, so we’re happy with the transaction and happy we could help” the former president, Mr. Hankey said.  (this will most likely be the epithet that goes on the tombstone for both him and his company.  El Orange-O doesn't have a stellar record for paying his bills, debts or money owed)

In recent years, several of his companies’ operations attracted the attention of the U.S. Justice Department, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and the California Department of Insurance. Since 2015, regulators have taken action against Hankey’s companies four times, public records show.  (Ripping off service members in the military is a big no-no)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan

Knight Insurance Group, doesn't even make the list of firms approved by the Treasury to issue such so-called surety bonds.

“It was an opportunity to step in and make a little bit of money and take very little risk, so we’re happy with the transaction and happy we could help” the former president, Mr. Hankey said.  (this will most likely be the epithet that goes on the tombstone for both him and his company.  El Orange-O doesn't have a stellar record for paying his bills, debts or money owed)

In recent years, several of his companies’ operations attracted the attention of the U.S. Justice Department, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and the California Department of Insurance. Since 2015, regulators have taken action against Hankey’s companies four times, public records show.  (Ripping off service members in the military is a big no-no)
You keep spouting stupid shit like this based off of a few bad interactions while neglections the thousands and thousands of interactions where contractors/employees/personal debt was paid. This is the kind of stuff that confirms that your TDS is out of control and that you're a fucking moron that should have his/her right to vote revoked. Weirdo.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
And the absurd valuation of Mar-a-Lago.

This seems to be lowest of all the low hanging fruit for the appeal.

Get a real evaluation, show the activist judge was just that, and go from there.
Y

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
You keep spouting stupid shit like this based off of a few bad interactions while neglections the thousands and thousands of interactions where contractors/employees/personal debt was paid. This is the kind of stuff that confirms that your TDS is out of control and that you're a fucking moron that should have his/her right to vote revoked. Weirdo.

You keep defending many, many interactions like this because your TDfS is out of control and you are an obese idiot that should have his/her right to vote revoked on your shitty decisions alone, fat boy.

chaos

• Getbig V
You keep defending many, many interactions like this because your TDfS is out of control and you are an obese idiot that should have his/her right to vote revoked on your shitty decisions alone, fat boy.
You're still a faggot weirdo with an obvious mental illness.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica

Indemnity agreements are pretty lock tight. I’d be surprised if he stiffs them and gets away with it.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V

Indemnity agreements are pretty lock tight. I’d be surprised if he stiffs them and gets away with it.

Really? Nothing surprises me anymore when I comes to anything having to do with Donald Trump... this master flim-flam man.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Really? Nothing surprises me anymore when I comes to anything having to do with Donald Trump... this master flim-flam man.

Is that what you’ve been told? lol

chaos

• Getbig V
Of course that's what he's been told, because of the hundreds of thousands of transactions in Trumps career a few people claim they weren't paid so now that's the focus of the negative driven media and chumps and weirdos eat it up.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
You're still a faggot weirdo with an obvious mental illness.

Trumpturds sure fantasize a lot about queerness and pedo shit all the time.  No other group constantly projects like that.  You know when they start projecting like that is when you have them to the point of having nothing else to say. 

Weak ass TDfS TV static fat boy.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V

It can be voted upon and amended.  With the majority of his cronies in charge, it would be a "yes" for sure. 

chaos

• Getbig V
Trumpturds sure fantasize a lot about queerness and pedo shit all the time.  No other group constantly projects like that.  You know when they start projecting like that is when you have them to the point of having nothing else to say. 

Weak ass TDfS TV static fat boy.
Interesting projection, weirdo.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V

No, this is what I believe. How can I be told what surprises me? The only way to know this is to be me. I think the label flim-flam man fits Donald Trump and it is less derogatory than what some people call him.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Of course that's what he's been told, because of the hundreds of thousands of transactions in Trumps career a few people claim they weren't paid so now that's the focus of the negative driven media and chumps and weirdos eat it up.

So, it appears you have lost the ability to think on your own so now you copy and paste what Coach posts?

Someone with Trump’s prolific business career has even less excuse for not paying his debts and employees.

His non-payment record is much more extensive than "a few people". Here is a list of his 4,095 lawsuits which clearly illustrates that he wins some and he loses others. Maybe this helps explain why he is litigation savvy. He has more experience in court than many of his attorneys have.

https://www.azcentral.com/pages/interactives/trump-lawsuits/

Not a few, but hundreds of workers and jobs

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/06/09/donald-trump-unpaid-bills-republican-president-laswuits/85297274/

"So, I reached out to a few law professors who specialize in complex litigation, and they couldn’t think of anyone who has been entangled in as many lawsuits, as both a plaintiff and a defendant, as Trump."

"Trump has a reputation for not paying his legal bills." A few complaints usually do not result in gaining a reputation.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2023/05/has-anyone-been-sued-more-than-trump.html

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
Interesting projection, weirdo.

No, just simple fact chubby.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
So, it appears you have lost the ability to think on your own so now you copy and paste what Coach posts?

Someone with Trump’s prolific business career has even less excuse for not paying his debts and employees.

His non-payment record is much more extensive than "a few people". Here is a list of his 4,095 lawsuits which clearly illustrates that he wins some and he loses others. Maybe this helps explain why he is litigation savvy. He has more experience in court than many of his attorneys have.

https://www.azcentral.com/pages/interactives/trump-lawsuits/

Not a few, but hundreds of workers and jobs

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/06/09/donald-trump-unpaid-bills-republican-president-laswuits/85297274/

"So, I reached out to a few law professors who specialize in complex litigation, and they couldn’t think of anyone who has been entangled in as many lawsuits, as both a plaintiff and a defendant, as Trump."

"Trump has a reputation for not paying his legal bills." A few complaints usually do not result in gaining a reputation.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2023/05/has-anyone-been-sued-more-than-trump.html

Now, now.....  watch him call you "projecting".   :D

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
It can be voted upon and amended.  With the majority of his cronies in charge, it would be a "yes" for sure.

I’m speaking of the piece of paper you sign when you have a bond from a surety. They’re going to get their pound of flesh. I have a bonding capacity, and once a quarter I have my agent come through requesting updated financials. My bank only does it once a year for my LOC. It also, at least in my mind, proves he has the money. No surety would put up the bond without knowing they would for sure get their money.

chaos

• Getbig V

Can you show me where Coach made that same post? You're old enough to know better, you choose to be a liar.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
No, this is what I believe. How can I be told what surprises me? The only way to know this is to be me. I think the label flim-flam man fits Donald Trump and it is less derogatory than what some people call him.

Yeah…how does it fit? Because the MSM tells you every minute of everyday and like the weak minded liberals you are, you, Agnostic and Lurker believe. You have people  ZERO absolutely to critically think so like good little minions, you believe it.

You know who doesn’t believe it? The banks that have lended him hundreds of millions that were all repaid on time and in some cases before the loans were called and said they would do business with him without question.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
Yeah…how does it fit? Because the MSM tells you every minute of everyday and like the weak minded liberals you are, you, Agnostic and Lurker believe. You have people  ZERO absolutely to critically think so like good little minions, you believe it.

You know who doesn’t believe it? The banks that have lended him hundreds of millions that were all repaid on time and in some cases before the loans were called and said they would do business with him without question.

Says the person parroting Gateway and Navarro and PillowGuy.   ::)

You have absolutely zero intellect.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
So the man that doesn't have enough is using a bonding company that doesn't have enough money?   And even then, they don't promise to pay it at all.    ???    Isn't that the point of being a bonding company?   ???

:D 

You can't make this shit up. 

---
The Shady Company Backing Trump’s Bond Somehow Just Got Even Shadier
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=The+Shady+Company+Backing+Trump%E2%80%99s+Bond+Somehow+Just+Got+Even+Shadier

An investigation revealed that Knight Specialty Insurance, the company backing Trump’s $175 million civil fraud penalty payment, is not licensed as a solvent surety firm by the New York Department of Financial Services, and has not been vetted by the state’s Excess Line Association, a board of insurers that provides voluntary audits of other insurer’s finances. The reason for that: The California-based Knight does not appear to have enough money in its coffers to post Trump’s bonds.

Trump’s bond accounts for a third of the company’s assets and more than its total surplus funds. Maria T. Vullo, a former New York financial regulator, has called the move to post Trump’s bond “incomprehensible for a carrier to underwrite.”

The company, for its part, seems aware of its predicament: The Beast reports that Knight has not legally promised to pay Trump’s penalty if the former president’s appeal is unsuccessful. Instead, the document Knight produced indicates, Trump would still be responsible for paying.

But now, what appeared to be a stroke of luck for Trump may actually be a case of two grifters looking to get one over on one another. If Hankey’s company in fact has not legally agreed to pay the penalty, Trump may ultimately be forced to forfeit assets if he cannot cover the disgorgement himself. New York Attorney General Letitia James has promised to seize Trump properties if he cannot pay.

In dealing with a shady businessman like Hankey, Trump, whose Department of Justice sued Hankey for illegally repossessing the cars of military veterans, might have heeded the words of one of his favorite poems: “You knew damn well I was a snake before you took me in.”
---