Author Topic: Paul De Mayo.... pretty sure he was highly underrated...  (Read 19146 times)

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Paul De Mayo.... pretty sure he was highly underrated...
« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2014, 09:30:59 AM »
few more

COOL PICS MIKE,THANKS MAN. PAUL SEEMED LIKE A REALLY GOOD GUY
R

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2014, 09:38:32 AM »
SHIT HAPPENS, I NEVER TOUCHED HERION TILL I WAS 48 YRS OLD AND SHIT ALMOST KILLED ME 2TWICE,NO ONE EVEN KNEW I WAS DOING IT EITHER

Thing I don't get is why make the move from oxy's or nubain to heroin? Synthetic versions of heroin just not powerful enough?

Getting high with needles in the bodybuilding world shouldn't come as a surprise though I suppose...

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2014, 09:41:23 AM »
Thing I don't get is why make the move from oxy's or nubain to heroin? Synthetic versions of heroin just not powerful enough?

Getting high with needles in the bodybuilding world shouldn't come as a surprise though I suppose...

never did needles with heroin,only snort it. ive never used oxy's or nubain really,i went straight to heroin from the jump.it was a bad move and i regret it,been 1 yr now ive been using it and its hell. i was never an angel and partied in my day but never was an addict till last yr
R

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2014, 09:45:22 AM »
yes back in 95 :D

They were comfortable for sure haha!

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2014, 09:48:49 AM »
never did needles with heroin,only snort it. ive never used oxy's or nubain really,i went straight to heroin from the jump.it was a bad move and i regret it,been 1 yr now ive been using it and its hell. i was never an angel and partied in my day but never was an addict till last yr

Hear you bro. Ive done nearly every street drug available at one time or another but NEVER had the urge to try heroin. Would never consider even going out looking for it. Not sure what state of mind i'd have to be in to go that direction.

Good luck with the fight man , addictions are a terrible animal.

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2014, 10:15:57 AM »
Hear you bro. Ive done nearly every street drug available at one time or another but NEVER had the urge to try heroin. Would never consider even going out looking for it. Not sure what state of mind i'd have to be in to go that direction.

Good luck with the fight man , addictions are a terrible animal.
Heroin is far less dangerous than shit like crack, meth and similar... Addiction is the problem, physical and especially psychological... Still, in my humble opinon, heroin gives you the best feeling a human being can experience in an entire lifetime... Really a love-hate relationship...

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2014, 10:50:36 AM »
COOL PICS MIKE,THANKS MAN. PAUL SEEMED LIKE A REALLY GOOD GUY
n/p!  (and he really was/he was very well liked in the Boston area) before I even knew him/he would bring in trash bags full of "Met-Rx" protein powder to the "Palace Niteclub" where I worked and give them all to me...simply for letting him in/not wait in line...I mean how cool was that for me!?!?...just a great guy)  
* let me just "edit" this for friends of his/mine that knew him/might be reading this....He was def not perfect (did some "shady" things to good friends regarding their girlfriends/fiancés whatever) but basically/esp in the beginning of his "fame" he was a good hardworking/humble "blue collar" Boston boy!) *

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #82 on: October 30, 2014, 11:29:44 AM »
n/p!  (and he really was/he was very well liked in the Boston area) before I even knew him/he would bring in trash bags full of "Met-Rx" protein powder to the "Palace Niteclub" where I worked and give them all to me...simply for letting him in/not wait in line...I mean how cool was that for me!?!?...just a great guy)  
* let me just "edit" this for friends of his/mine that knew him/might be reading this....He was def not perfect (did some "shady" things to good friends regarding their girlfriends/fiancés whatever) but basically/esp in the beginning of his "fame" he was a good hardworking/humble "blue collar" Boston boy!) *
mike that's awesome you were in that mix there,,jersey was same way local wise ..I used to see dente around he was huge and greek mentis ..

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #83 on: October 30, 2014, 11:44:58 AM »
mike that's awesome you were in that mix there,,jersey was same way local wise ..I used to see dente around he was huge and greek mentis ..
Mentis moved down to S.FL. and trained at Golds Gym in Sunrise around 96 or 97. Used to talk to him all the time. 

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #84 on: October 30, 2014, 11:54:16 AM »
Mentis moved down to S.FL. and trained at Golds Gym in Sunrise around 96 or 97. Used to talk to him all the time. 
DUDE WAS LARGE..

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #85 on: October 30, 2014, 12:15:55 PM »
I hung with Paul for a weekend in Toronto very shortly after he won his pro card. He WAS NOT short (but for some reason appeared as he might be in photos). I am an even six feet, and he was right around my height, give or take an inch.

He was also MASSIVE. His arm girth as a whole was possibly the freakiest I have ever seen. Just insane.

I enjoyed his company and found him to be mostly quiet and reserved. He wasn't some blowhard, that's for sure. One night we went to a local bar and he was not that muscle guy at the clubs who struts and pushes his weight around. Paul was polite and friendly with everyone.

It's incredibly sad what became of his young life.

I choose to remember Paul as the gigantic muscle man with a quick smile and friendly demeanor.  

He was 5'10".

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #86 on: October 30, 2014, 12:18:03 PM »
He's 5'10" well was , Platz is 5'7"

Platz was shy of 5'7". Read an old article of his where he said he used to have people try and stretch his legs in hopes that he would hit 5'7" but never was successful.

Demayo was 5'10".

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2014, 12:35:02 PM »
Platz was shy of 5'7". Read an old article of his where he said he used to have people try and stretch his legs in hopes that he would hit 5'7" but never was successful.

Demayo was 5'10".
who cares his quads were insane. His hard core training in squats was way above most pros at that time...i would say all time. No pro now has his strength and staminia .. Tell me or show me a pro now?

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #88 on: October 30, 2014, 12:41:20 PM »
who cares his quads were insane. His hard core training in squats was way above most pros at that time...i would say all time. No pro now has his strength and staminia .. Tell me or show me a pro now?

Where did I say otherwise? I'm just stating facts.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: October 30, 2014, 01:56:45 PM »
yup!....was a great time to be into Bodybuilding!  (as far as Jimmy Mentis he is here in south Florida/by me....still big and still active in the sport!) Started his own Supplement line called "Beauty Fit" seems to be doing great with it/see it in GNC and at all the shows
https://www.facebook.com/BeautyFitInc?fref=photo

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2014, 02:11:08 PM »
thats why i always try to be good to freinds cause u never know what they r battling,(drugs/depression ect)it might b last time u see them alive.we start realizing these things as we get older and see stuff like pauls unfortunate death, next time u see a good freind try to spend some time with them cause u never know if u will ever see them alive again
R

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #92 on: October 30, 2014, 02:12:45 PM »
For this that saw Paul, how big was he back in the day ? Size wise compared to today's Pros ?

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: October 30, 2014, 02:15:05 PM »
gym we all trained at...

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #94 on: October 30, 2014, 02:22:34 PM »
For this that saw Paul, how big was he back in the day ? Size wise compared to today's Pros ?

he was a huge dude,very thick from chest to back.his arms where very underated cause everyones always talking about his quads but paul had some of the sickest tris ever imo.i think he stacks up well against todays pros,maybe wont win olympia but prolly place in top 7 if he came in super shredded,he had great potential
R

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #95 on: October 30, 2014, 02:35:13 PM »

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #96 on: October 30, 2014, 03:17:12 PM »
Paul Demayo had some good bodyparts---triceps, quads, but he was put together kinda "oddly".
And I think his conditioning kinda suffered. He didn't come out with a "bang" like other bbers of that era, and he didn't do too well in contests.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #97 on: October 30, 2014, 03:18:53 PM »
SICK BUILD...

it was a good night of guest posers that night at the jersey state,i believe it was beau matlock,paul demayo,johnnie morant,derrick whitsett and carmela cureton for the women.i remember seeing titus back then also at the jersey state guest posing,he came out with a black robe on like the grim reaper with a big sword/staff type of thing
R

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: October 30, 2014, 03:41:44 PM »
Heroin is far less dangerous than shit like crack, meth and similar... Addiction is the problem, physical and especially psychological... Still, in my humble opinon, heroin gives you the best feeling a human being can experience in an entire lifetime... Really a love-hate relationship...

You've never tried good molly have you?  ;D

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #99 on: October 30, 2014, 06:01:35 PM »
Paul Demayo had some good bodyparts---triceps, quads, but he was put together kinda "oddly".
And I think his conditioning kinda suffered. He didn't come out with a "bang" like other bbers of that era, and he didn't do too well in contests.

He turned pro by the time he was 26-27 though. He only competed as a pro for 1 year. Then he had some sort of domestic dispute with his wife. He supposedly fired a gun in the air. And in California, there was a mandatory 1 year prison sentence for that particular offense. Then he was done.