Author Topic: TO Reality Series on VH1  (Read 996 times)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
TO Reality Series on VH1
« on: January 26, 2009, 04:22:42 PM »
Terrell Owens hopes to score with a new cable reality show.

The Dallas Cowboys' controversial wide receiver will star in his own show on VH1 this summer, giving fans a look into his life off the field.

VH1 announced Monday that the series takes place in the offseason, and T.O.'s best friends and publicists -- Monique Jackson and Kita Williams -- will help him re-examine his personal life. The two will work as "matchmakers and therapists" for Owens.

Owens, who caught 69 passes for 1,052 yards and 10 touchdowns this season, was prominently featured on HBO's "Hard Knocks" that tracked the Cowboys in training camp last year.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: TO Reality Series on VH!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 04:24:14 PM »
Former National Football League star Michael Irvin has created a Spike TV reality series in which NFL hopefuls compete for a chance to join the Dallas Cowboys.

The untitled series follows six wide receivers and six defensive backs as they vie for a place in the Cowboys' summer training camp, which could lead to a spot on the team.

The contestants will be overseen by guest judges, including former players, media personalities and Cowboys owner Jerry Jones. Irvin, a onetime broadcaster for ESPN, will be featured in the show, mentoring the players.

The project pairs the Hall of Fame receiver's Playmaker Prods. with reality veterans 3 Ball Prods. ("Beauty and the Geek").

"What's so special is Michael Irvin is one of the most famous iconic football legends, and he came to us with this notion that's about wish-fulfillment," Spike senior vice president original series Sharon Levy said.

Spike has ordered 10 one-hour episodes for a planned summer debut. The format is not dissimilar to the network's popular "Ultimate Fighter," in which contestants fight for a chance to join the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). Spike also has the sports reality series "Pros vs. Joes."

"This is a groundbreaking opportunity for football players and football fans," Irvin said. "There is so much great undiscovered football talent out there, guys that may have missed their shot for one reason or another. This is about hope and a shot at greatness."

body88

Re: TO Reality Series on VH1
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 06:09:37 PM »
The Cowboys wonder why they cant win anything.  Bunch of me-me-me guys on that team.  Can't imagine Kraft or Rooney letting that crap fly.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 07:36:47 AM »
I love it :)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 09:05:08 AM »
The Cowboys wonder why they cant win anything.  Bunch of me-me-me guys on that team.  Can't imagine Kraft or Rooney letting that crap fly.

or Steve Bischotti(Ravens).  ;)

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 09:27:16 AM »
Where's regmac regarding that turnaround?   ;D