Author Topic: West Palm Beach Report & Photos / Results  (Read 23219 times)

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
West Palm Beach Report & Photos / Results
« on: October 07, 2006, 01:27:29 PM »
After prejudging it looks like Olympia Figure runner-up Amber Littlejohn will be crowned the champ. Amber looked every bit as good here as she did last week at the Olympia. Nipping at her heels is top 6 Olympian, Gina Aliotti. Gina looks to be in second followed by Tara Scotti in third. Tara looked much better at this show then she did last week at the Olympia. It will be a nice ending to her IFBB pro career as this is the last time she will put on the clear shoes and strut her stuff on stage. I did a bit of an interview with Tara last night and more to come on that later. In 4th it looks to be Danielle Hollenshade who was able to bring things together for her best pro showing to date. I'd have Christine Wan in 5th based on the callouts but getting there isn't a walk in the park for her at this show with a few others looking to slide into that spot.

One to watch in the upcoming shows is a BEAUTIFUL and stunning woman from Brazil, Juliana Malacarne. She was a bit hard for this show but if she were to bring a similar package to the Arnold stage (and I she gets my vote for an invite) she is a contender.

Fitness:
This is Julie Palmer's show. She brought her best physique to date and was much more polished then in her earlier shows of the year. She looked better here then she did at the Olympia and I thought she looked great at the O. Julie deserves to be called out next to Fitness Champ Adela Garcia at the Arnold if she brings this same look to the stage. She's improved on her routines and wins this show without question. Second looks to go to Angie Semsch based on callout and in the top three will also be Amy Haddad. They both look great and definitely deserve to be in the top 5. My fitness stand out has to go to Julie Lohre though. Julie looks the best I have seen her, very poised on stage, great physique, looks smaller and tighter then when I saw her in Dallas. Her 45 second routine was one of the best of the day. I'd personally have her in the top three and for her I hope she gets the O qualification here as she is worthy of it from what she brought to the stage. Mindi O'Brien should round out the top five. She didn't get the top 5 callouts in the first round but should have, they moved her up into the top five callouts in the second round. Mindi brought a much softer look this show and it looks great on her. The 45 second round should go to Jane Prado, this woman has mad hops and if she could streamline her physique she'd do some damage.

The venue is small and I've heard that the competitors don't have much room to get ready back stage. Only women are allowed backstage so I haven't seen it for myself. The stage is super small and I was impressed that the women were able to pull off their 45 second routines as well as they did this morning. I sincerely hope no one gets hurt doing their routines as the stage is far too small in my opinion. I'm not sure if there is an IFBB rule or not but I would suggest it to them to implement a stage requirement for promoters. If there is and this meets it then I am suprised as it's not big enough for some of the competitors to do their routines.

West Palm Beach is beautiful and the weather is perfect. Oh and Getbig's Dina looked great, had some of the best stage presence and has the tinest waist I've seen. Her callouts were less then stellar but she still held herself with class on stage.

Tonight things start at 7 and we should be out of there by 8:30 and then it's off to the after party at Blue Martini. Should be a festive time!

Isaac
Elevate Your Image.™

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
Re: West Palm Beach Report & Photos
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 01:31:32 PM »
Fitness photos...
Elevate Your Image.™

Dina

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006, 01:47:11 PM »
no shit backstage was small... it was a kitchen  I am dead serious... the equipment was all there too as well as plates and coffee makers.
I sure as heck am glad I dont have to do a routine..

thanks for the shout out

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2006, 02:23:13 PM »
no shit backstage was small... it was a kitchen  I am dead serious... the equipment was all there too as well as plates and coffee makers.
I sure as heck am glad I dont have to do a routine..

thanks for the shout out
Are you saying you can't stand the heat D?

Elevate Your Image.™

Alex

• Getbig IV
  • If bodybuilding was easy, everyone would be big!
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2006, 02:28:18 PM »
no shit backstage was small... it was a kitchen  I am dead serious... the equipment was all there too as well as plates and coffee makers. I sure as heck am glad I dont have to do a routine..

thanks for the shout out

Dina..............

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2006, 02:36:37 PM »
Dina..............
Some one call for Ms. Dina?
Elevate Your Image.™

Rick Lohre

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2006, 02:39:44 PM »
I'll be uploading my coverage as well this evening....
Good luck to all the women....
As for you Isaac...you beat me to it...good for you...now you better not avoid saying hello this evening... : )
Rick Lohre
www.LohreCreative.com

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2006, 03:38:13 PM »
we are leaving in a few mins to catch the evening show.....

will report back

mike n laura

1Fast400

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2006, 04:02:14 PM »
Is it me or does amber's delt look a little funny?

JKDMan

• Getbig IV
  • The G.O.A.T.
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2006, 04:10:50 PM »
A lot of these women have strange looking delts. I don't understand why having disproportionately large shoulders is the look being rewarded in figure. Why should that represent the ideal figure physique?
Lee

1Fast400

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2006, 04:12:29 PM »
Just don't understand how it can be that abnormally large vs the surrounding bodyparts. 

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • INBA Professional Competitor
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2006, 04:19:46 PM »
Lee, it's funny you asked that question.  I was just discussing that with one of my friends today of how the disproportionally large shoulders became the look to acquire when it didn't used to be that way.  I think that requirement or expectation makes it difficult for a girl who is smaller boned in the upper body or shorter.

I personally think Amber looks incredible in that photo...conditioning, proportions, etc.  She's 5'8", so the shoulders have to be large and wide to offset her lower body and the rest of her frame.
Jodi

1Fast400

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2006, 04:35:15 PM »
To me, figure isn't what it was supposed to be.  If you lined up all the figure/fitness girls together and put them in 2 piece suits, nobody would know the difference.  I don't think it should be that way.  It should be staggered.  Women's bb'ing the leanest, followed by fitness and then a considerable step down to figure. 

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2006, 04:54:03 PM »
Actually, figure was supposed to be fitness without the routine.  Originally, the idea--or the presented idea--was to provide women who had the fitness physique but didn't have the time, inclination, or skill level to do the choreographed strength routine that tends to include many gymnastics skills.

I would have liked to have seen it treated like NABBA does...where bodybuilding is more about the size of the muscle bellies and the drier look, and the figure physique is a smaller, scaled-down version without the extra, extra dry look.
Jodi

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2006, 05:13:45 PM »
... then a considerable step down to figure. 

Nah, that's 'bikini'. 

Don't worry, though - you'll get to see that onstage in the not-too-distant future.  There's plenty of money to be made on bikini-body contests, so it makes sense to add that division to the current program. 

1Fast400

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2006, 06:26:15 PM »
It has to be done at some point.  There are WAY to many girls lacking the genetics to be competitive in figure.  Although they don't realize that.  This only leads to massive drug use.  I'm not 100% against drug use, but SO many of these girls have no idea what they're doing.  Following the advice of people who have no clue what they're talking about.  It's just sickening to me, seeing a very attractive woman slowly get morphed into something "less feminine". 

There is a BIG difference between a bikini contest and what the figure girls should look like IMO.  Take these girls 3-4 weeks out and reward that look.    Reward something that is at least obtainable naturally.  If you don't think steroids are everywhere, look at some of the women who've made a big deal about NOT using them of late.  Notice how they just happen to be about 10lbs lighter than the other girls up there. 

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2006, 08:11:23 PM »
There is a BIG difference between a bikini contest and what the figure girls should look like IMO.  Take these girls 3-4 weeks out and reward that look.    Reward something that is at least obtainable naturally.  If you don't think steroids are everywhere, look at some of the women who've made a big deal about NOT using them of late.  Notice how they just happen to be about 10lbs lighter than the other girls up there. 

Can you clarify this portion of your post for me?  Are you saying the lighter girls are actually using and not telling the full story or that the lighter girls really aren't using?

By the way, it is completely possible to reach a level of conditioning and feminine muscularity without ever touching steroids, growth, or clen.  It's called time, patience, proper diet, and hardcore weight training.
Jodi

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
Re: West Palm Beach Report & Photos / Results
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2006, 08:28:20 PM »
I will get the score sheets and post full results later - unless my man Rick gets to it first.

Fitness they only announced the top three. I was STOKED to see Julie Lohre get third. It was very, very well deserved. She looked spot on and you could see the confidence in her on stage. She rocked the routines and her physique looked incredible. The judges got it right this show for sure! See ya at the O Julie! Angie Semsch took second and had a great routine. Julie Palmer was in high spirits and took top honors. Her physique has made great strides and her hair, make up and presentation have improved light years over the past year. Congrats JULIE!

Figure went as expected. Christine Wan tooke fifth and looked great. Danielle Hollenshade put it all together for the first time on the pro stage and looked fantastic and just missed an Olympia qualification by taking 4th. Tara Scotti went out with a bang, this was Tara's last figure show and placed third. She really streamlined her physique this year and looked great. Love ya T! Great Job! Gina Aliotti is definitely a super star in the making. She is a gorgeous girl and has a good head on her shoulders. Very bright when you speak with her and she has a long career ahead of her if she so chooses. Gina placed second to the Olympia runner up, Amber Littlejohn. Amber has an amazing physique and it was pretty clear she would take this show from day one. Her delts have always been a point of discussion but she has always had big delts even as an amateur. Amber took top honors and was a very gracious winner.

I will be photographing Amber and Gina tomorrow and both are very friendly women. Re-officially met out very own diva Dina at the Cheesecake Factory. Everyone is off to the Blue Martini to have some fun at the After party. Should be a great time. The show was small and had aroudn 250 people in attendance from my guess.

Val's routine was a bit anti-clamatic. It was interesting but didn't really flow as well as it could have. My personal favorite were the mountain climbers. I also met "johnt" at the show as well as Mike and Laura. They are an adorable couple and Mike looks like he is 25 years old. Great accent and very friendly people. All in all it was a fun show! Congrats to all the winners who have the pressure off for qualifying for next year's O!

Cheers!
Isaac
Elevate Your Image.™

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2006, 08:59:06 PM »
Thanks for the report Lift.

You catch alot of heat on this site, but you bring alot to it. Much appreciated.

I am very pleased to see Julie Lohre qualified for the O.

1Fast400

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2006, 09:03:17 PM »
Jodi, I'd be more than happy to go into all of this in another thread.  I've hijacked this one enough.  If you're interested. 

scribbler

• Getbig II
  • whatever
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2006, 11:19:39 PM »
Congrats all! Especially Julie Lohre for her Olympia qualification, I know how bad you wanted it this year, and I see you doing great next year...congrats to you and Rick.

Way to go with another great placing to Gina also...looking great as always!

C
CD
M&F & FLEX

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2006, 02:37:38 AM »

Congrats to all the top placers and thanks to Lift for a speedy, thorough report.

Fast - what you're talking about is definitely worthy of discussion and input from this forum should be instrumental in establishing the guidelines for the new division. 

Rick Lohre

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2006, 07:01:48 AM »
Lift...Scoresheets will be online at IFBB.com - Professional Division
http://www.ifbb.com/ifbbpro/results.htm

http://lohrecreative.com/ShowCoverage/10-07-06%20West%20Palm%20Beach/1/
http://lohrecreative.com/ShowCoverage/10-07-06%20West%20Palm%20Beach/2/

Rest of galleries will be up as soon as possible this week.  I will try to get my butt off the sand while I am in Boca Raton.

Rick Lohre
www.LohreCreative.com

PS - Trying a new gallery format out...let me know what you think as opposed to previous coverage galleries...

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2006, 08:30:36 AM »
PS - Trying a new gallery format out...let me know what you think as opposed to previous coverage galleries...

A little blue rectangle appears in the upper left and then the page doesn't load any further. 

Rick Lohre

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2006, 10:34:51 AM »
Running Flash based gallery...might be the prob...will check it out...
Thanks for feedback.
Rick Lohre
www.LohreCreative.com