Author Topic: Gym demographic  (Read 4488 times)

cephissus

• Getbig V
Gym demographic
« on: December 03, 2018, 01:27:34 PM »
Lately one thing has really stood out: at my gym, it's all <30 or >60 year olds.

I guess kids all want to impress each other and hide insecurities, while geriatrics want to stay alive. 30-60, everyone is raising a family or working on their career.

But today I noticed several guys maybe in their 40s, almost all of whom were gay. So I wonder if this is the predominant abnormality that compels those few of us who still go to the gym when so many give up.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Gym demographic
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 01:38:09 PM »
Lately one thing has really stood out: at my gym, it's all <30 or >60 year olds.

I guess kids all want to impress each other and hide insecurities, while geriatrics want to stay alive. 30-60, everyone is raising a family or working on their career.

But today I noticed several guys maybe in their 40s, almost all of whom were gay. So I wonder if this is the predominant abnormality that compels those few of us who still go to the gym when so many give up.

Do you actually know these guys? Otherwise, how would you know that they are gay?

I work out at several gyms, including L.A. Fitness and 24 Hour fitness. The clientèle are all ages from teens to geezers like me. I have no idea if any of them are gay, except the two fellows I saw kissing in the locker room awhile back. Maybe my gaydar is broken.   ;D

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 01:39:18 PM »
Many in their 30's and 40's have equipment and work out at home.  The young kids live with their parents or roommates in small apartments so they work out at the gym plus can be used to pick up women.  Old people I don't know why they still use the gym.

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 01:39:56 PM »

Very mixed at my gym a lot of 20 to 50 year olds some high school crowds they all seem to come in a group and wast time doing arms some chest
p

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 01:49:15 PM »
Many in their 30's and 40's have equipment and work out at home.  The young kids live with their parents or roommates in small apartments so they work out at the gym plus can be used to pick up women.  Old people I don't know why they still use the gym.

It's a social thing for them in addition to the exercise.

Make friends, get out of the house, etc.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2018, 02:16:20 PM »
Do you actually know these guys? Otherwise, how would you know that they are gay?

I work out at several gyms, including L.A. Fitness and 24 Hour fitness. The clientèle are all ages from teens to geezers like me. I have no idea if any of them are gay, except the two fellows I saw kissing in the locker room awhile back. Maybe my gaydar is broken.   ;D

X2.

That's like paying way too much attention on everyone around and not minding your business .

But On my next visit to the gym I'll try to stare at people and guess who's straight, gay  or trapped in a man's body but being a lesbian woman  ( no homo)  ;D

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  LE VRO NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2018, 02:52:50 PM »
I noticed that many big companies have fitness centers in the office buildings. The client my company has a contract with has one on site. Employees have the fees for gym, parking, etc. deducted from payroll.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2018, 04:18:09 PM »
To a big extent that's the hard core gym I lift at. Most 30 and under. Then it's the old people. Without a doubt the majority of them come for the social aspect. Look at most guys in their 30's, 40's and 50's. Almost all of them don't train. Sometimes making a living and taking care of a family is their priority. I always trained no matter what. Mainly at home. For the past 3 years at a commercial gym.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2018, 05:29:47 PM »

Of the three I recall, one wore tights and a "stonewall inn" sweatshirt, the back of which implored me to "stand up to gay bashing" in so many words.

The second was talking to a woman about his feelings.

As for the third, I assume he was a bear since a) that would balance the aforementioned twinks and b) his build sure fit the bill.

Take it how you will.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2018, 05:33:39 PM »
I noticed that many big companies have fitness centers in the office buildings. The client my company has a contract with has one on site. Employees have the fees for gym, parking, etc. deducted from payroll.

Like the old school coal mines where you worked, ate and lived at the mine. I can’t believe a company charges their employees for parking and a gym membership.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2018, 01:03:03 AM »
People of all ages and fitness levels at our gym, though we go at 5 AM so probably different crowds at different times...

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2018, 05:27:07 AM »
Although I don't belong to a gym and train at home, one of the reasons I would join a commercial gym is for social purposes.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2018, 05:46:34 AM »
It's a social thing for them in addition to the exercise.

Make friends, get out of the house, etc.

Although I don't belong to a gym and train at home, one of the reasons I would join a commercial gym is for social purposes.

Like my dad and his golf club...

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2018, 09:20:30 AM »
Of the three I recall, one wore tights and a "stonewall inn" sweatshirt, the back of which implored me to "stand up to gay bashing" in so many words.

As for the third, I assume he was a bear since a) that would balance the aforementioned twinks and b) his build sure fit the bill.

Take it how you will.

They are obviously rump rangers.  Total abomination.
K

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2018, 09:28:17 AM »

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2018, 10:10:26 AM »
Ha, ha.  Is Mr. Herbert a member of your gym?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2018, 01:57:41 PM »

Take it how you will.

Based on what you just posted, I take it you are either psychic or have a habit of jumping to conclusions. Which is perfectly alright as long as you treat people with respect, as you hopefully do.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2018, 06:57:57 PM »
Based on what you just posted, I take it you are either psychic or have a habit of jumping to conclusions. Which is perfectly alright as long treat people with respect, as you hopefully do.

it's called creativity, bud.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2018, 07:09:50 PM »

that's exactly what most of the gym crowd is everywhere, young people trying to look their best at the club, or old people trying to stay alive in retirement

true gym rats that stick around for life are rare

E
E

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2018, 12:34:39 AM »
it's called creativity, bud.

I see. It is like fake facts.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2018, 06:11:05 AM »

Ha, ha.  Is Mr. Herbert a member of your gym?

Mr. Herbert's type are members of every gym.  I bet Primemuscle is one of them, and one of the worse.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2018, 12:54:55 PM »
I doubt it.  Primemuscle is a good dude and probably the only liberal on the forum I like.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2018, 01:27:21 PM »
I doubt it.  Primemuscle is a good dude and probably the only liberal on the forum I like.

How would being a good dude and being the only liberal on the forum you like stop him from walking around naked with other old men in the gym locker room?

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2018, 01:30:45 PM »
It wouldn't but do you have evidence of this happening?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2018, 02:10:35 PM »
It wouldn't but do you have evidence of this happening?

Evidence?  LOL  

No, I have no evidence that Prime walks around naked with other old men in the locker room.  It's just a guess.  He's old, he's gay, and he goes to the gym.  But I don't even want to think about that.  I workout at home now, and not seeing that anymore is one of the benefits.