Author Topic: Obama's ex-pastor gives fiery speech to NAACP  (Read 4504 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: Obama's ex-pastor gives fiery speech to NAACP
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2008, 07:26:46 PM »
???
What points? This thread isn't about you kid.
You are clearly delusional. We have proof in this thread that you are a racist and white supremacist. As for me, when someone calls me a "spic" on this board I respond in a language they will understand. If I hated whites I would have no problem stating it, but I do not. Provide PROOF that I  "hate whites", little Nicky. Until then you are just just another racist seeking company.
Maybe I am the only person that has balls.  ;) If you read between the lines you can clearly deduce that there are those in this thread that don't see a big deal in Wright's comments. Besides, as an admitted racist it kind of makes your thoughts on this matter rather skewed.
LOL You've got to be kidding. You are the one that made this about me with your tear-filled rant. I bet you've been saving up all your bitterness for a long time.  ;D You even brought up an old post of mine that had nothing to do with you. S'up with that?  :-\

How so?

I read maybe 3 sentences of that every here and there. Talk about a meltdown. Love the irony littering that post. You claim to have balls, yet you talk more shit about other people's pics than 90% of the posters on here, all while not having the balls to post your own.

You're a hypocrite. You cry about racism and melt about it every time someone says something racist and here you are making racist comments and supporting a blatantly racist clown. Not that it matters, you're an idiot.

This pic sums up everything you and this "Reverend" are crying about.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2008, 03:15:33 AM »
I hate racism.  But the blacks are a very musical people.

Don't forget they're great dancers and awesome cooks.  ;D

LMAO at people who still define who they are (and others) by their skin color.

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2008, 06:29:34 AM »
Unless they are true racists, I don't think the majority of white people  dislike Blacks in general. In fact I'm sure they have no problem meeting a regular, decent black guy and even being friends with them. I think what most whites don't like and probably fear is your stereotypical, underwear showing, crack smoking, carjacking,illegitamate baby spawning, gangsta type who has no value for human life, neighborhood,or any form of societal structure. Unfortunately, a large contingent of these individuals exist and They are what white people do not like. I can't imagine even the Black Community as a whole would like or accept these predators.But it seems there's always a justification for these individuals like, "You don't understand their upbringing or It's socioeconomic" or other excuses. When these guys are out robbing and killing and they get arrested, it's blamed on a racist Law enforcement situation, like they should be cut slack from committing violent crime. Decent black people= No problem for most whites. Predatory Savage types=Problem for whites and all civilized people.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2008, 06:46:38 AM »
Unless they are true racists, I don't think the majority of white people  dislike Blacks in general. In fact I'm sure they have no problem meeting a regular, decent black guy and even being friends with them. I think what most whites don't like and probably fear is your stereotypical, underwear showing, crack smoking, carjacking,illegitamate baby spawning, gangsta type who has no value for human life, neighborhood,or any form of societal structure. Unfortunately, a large contingent of these individuals exist and They are what white people do not like. I can't imagine even the Black Community as a whole would like or accept these predators.But it seems there's always a justification for these individuals like, "You don't understand their upbringing or It's socioeconomic" or other excuses. When these guys are out robbing and killing and they get arrested, it's blamed on a racist Law enforcement situation, like they should be cut slack from committing violent crime. Decent black people= No problem for most whites. Predatory Savage types=Problem for whites and all civilized people.
???
What does this have to do with anything?
!

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2008, 06:57:43 AM »
Rev. Wright has a right to speak whenever he wants
His speech only affects racists who wouldn't vote for Obama anyway, this is just an excuse.
Race was going to become an issue sooner or later because America is a racist country...

If you're gonna go down anyway, go down swingin'

It has to do with the fact that you said America is a racist Country. Also, there were plenty of whites who would have voted for Obama that now will not because he first denied ever hearing his Pastor make any racist remarks. He comes across deceptive now. It's no different than if a presidential candidate was outed going to 20 years worth of David Duke speeches. Right or wrong, that guy would lose a lot of votes. Between The Wright association and his Pennsylvania remarks, Obama has seriously hurt his campaign.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2008, 07:06:10 AM »
It has to do with the fact that you said America is a racist Country. Also, there were plenty of whites who would have voted for Obama that now will not because he first denied ever hearing his Pastor make any racist remarks. He comes across deceptive now. It's no different than if a presidential candidate was outed going to 20 years worth of David Duke speeches. Right or wrong, that guy would lose a lot of votes. Between The Wright association and his Pennsylvania remarks, Obama has seriously hurt his campaign.
I think I understand where you are coming from now, even though I find it rather pointless.  :P You should have quoted me in the first place so that others would know the context of your response.

I don't see the "deceptive" angle you are portraying. I stand by me previous statement. This issue does not appreciably hurt Obama, as those who use this issue as a deciding factor in their decision making are looking for a public excuse not to vote for him anyway. These are the type that will say one thing to a pollster and do something else entirely in the voting booth.
!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2008, 08:40:50 AM »
I think I understand where you are coming from now, even though I find it rather pointless.  :P You should have quoted me in the first place so that others would know the context of your response.

I don't see the "deceptive" angle you are portraying. I stand by me previous statement. This issue does not appreciably hurt Obama, as those who use this issue as a deciding factor in their decision making are looking for a public excuse not to vote for him anyway. These are the type that will say one thing to a pollster and do something else entirely in the voting booth.

True.  This will hurt him in the general. 

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2008, 10:14:56 AM »
"Unless they are true racists, I don't think the majority of white people dislike Blacks". Absolutely man and where I am most people get along just fine.  You'll always have some percentage of ignorant assholes who make judgements based race, religion, etc.  Blanco, your just as bad as some of the white jerks who harbor racist feelings.  We don't have the benefit of seeing you or your expressions, but the words you use when you type are not just 'emotional', they are often insulting.  No reason for that shit man.

I've always gotten along well with most black dudes in the gym or with music, at school, wherever.  If your ghetto or a gang banger, I probably won't like you no matter what race you are and I've ran into some of those people too.  The point is that the more we come together, stop focusing on our ancestor's heritage/culture and start seeing us as Americans first (and race af ar 2nd), the better this country will be.  People like Wright keep us in the past and keep racial fires burning by providing the gas.  He's an asshole for continuing this stuff and right or wrong, he is hurting Obama.  I understand some of his points historically speaking but our generation of Americans are much different.  Understand but don't be stuck in the past.

Tre, your always a voice of reason.  Guess that comes to more people as they get into their middle age yrs.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2008, 05:19:42 PM »
True.  This will hurt him in the general. 
I don't know why you are quoting me, as this is not my opinion. You need to go back and re-read my statements. lol
!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2008, 06:13:11 PM »
"Unless they are true racists, I don't think the majority of white people dislike Blacks". Absolutely man and where I am most people get along just fine.  You'll always have some percentage of ignorant assholes who make judgements based race, religion, etc.  Blanco, your just as bad as some of the white jerks who harbor racist feelings. 
I suppose you may believe that I should apologize for my statements. I will not. The fact that blacks and whites "get along" where you are from is meaningless. People are more cordial nowadays and overt racism is frown upon. That does not negate institutional racism that is alive and well. Ask the blacks where you are from if they ever experience racism or if it has ever impacted their lives. Most [with a brain] will say yes, whether it be slights on the job, treated with disrespect in retail stores, housing discrimination known as redlining, difficulty in obtaining small business loans, etc.

You'll always have some percentage of ignorant assholes who make judgements based race, religion, etc.  Blanco, your just as bad as some of the white jerks who harbor racist feelings.
That percentage of "ignorant assholes" is precisely those who I am speaking of. I never said "all whites" are racist. I never felt that way, and if you knew my background and my life experiences you would laugh at how silly that sounds. I you feel I am a jerk I will readily admit to that side of my personality. If you feel I am racist...that is your problem, not mine. Nothing in this thread substantiates that statement.

I've always gotten along well with most black dudes in the gym or with music, at school, wherever.  If your ghetto or a gang banger, I probably won't like you no matter what race you are and I've ran into some of those people too.
Your personal experiences "getting along" with black people in passing means little regarding to institutional racism. Are you suggesting racism doesn't exist in America? If so, you are delusional at best, and lying at worst. Poll after poll suggest most white Americans acknowledge that racism exists in America. Of course, they themselves aren't racist, but some "other" whites out there are the cause of the problem.  ::)
I take offense to the term "ghetto". It seems to be a catchall phrase nowadays, but when you are referring to inner city blacks with that term, it is offensive. There are good people from urban areas, hardworking and trying to better themselves. I come from the inner city, but my parents instilled values in me and gave the environment at home for me to excel academically and in other areas. As far as gang-bangers...who likes them? LOL There are criminals of all ethnicities, bro.

The point is that the more we come together, stop focusing on our ancestor's heritage/culture and start seeing us as Americans first (and race af ar 2nd), the better this country will be.
I agree, however blacks and Latinos did not create this environment of dividing people on race. I hope you realize that, otherwise you may want to take an American History course. I don't see large swaths of blacks, Mexicans, Boriquas (that's Puerto Ricans for you), Cubans, etc. seeing themselves as not Americans. But you also don't have a right to tell people to deny their ethnic heritage or the cultural traditions they cherish. When Americans stop calling themselves "Irish" or "Italian" or "Hungarian" or whatever, then perhaps African-Americans will just call themselves "American". However, we are a long ways from that...we are still a country of diverse peoples come together in a unique experiment unprecedented in the history of the world. People still have ties to the Motherland, whether real or largely imaginary.

People like Wright keep us in the past and keep racial fires burning by providing the gas.  He's an asshole for continuing this stuff and right or wrong, he is hurting Obama.
That is your opinion, but African-Americans are entitled to reflect on past experiences amongst one another because it is a actually a source of strength, as well as an acknowledgement of the ancestors that paved the way for where we are today. Once again, when you start telling the Jews to get over the Holocaust with the same intensity you bring to the black community, then I will know you are serious. When you can call Wright an "asshole", you are reflecting your cultural ignorance and insulting many black ministers all over America.
Obama is his own man, and Wright is only hurting him if Obama cannot stand up as his 
own man and repudiate the statements he disagrees with. If Obama couldn't stand on his own two feet and speak separate himself from this man then I believe he would need a spinal infusion. I do believe Obama showed he had a spine and forcefully made his opinions known today.

I understand some of his points historically speaking but our generation of Americans are much different.  Understand but don't be stuck in the past.
Some Americans are different, yet some have not changed as much as we'd like. There are those who are still alive from the days of segregation in America. We also have some younger racists too, as evidenced in this very thread. Men who are my father's age can state that things are unquestionably better today for minorities than they were 40 or 50 years ago. We still have a ways to go to form a more perfect union.

Tre, your always a voice of reason.  Guess that comes to more people as they get into their middle age yrs.
Tre's fine, but he's a bit milk toast. :D I am more inclined to speak more forcefully to get my point across. Unless I am joking around and being a jerk, I say what I mean and mean what I say without apology. As far as age, I am likely older than Tre. Just so ya' know.  ;)

!

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2008, 08:07:24 PM »
The title of this thread should be changed. There was as much fire to his speech than a empty Zippo lighter...

If you have ever heard any of Malcolm X speeches, now that shit is Nuclear, especially when he said his famous "Chickens coming to Roost" line. Even young Farakhan at the time couldn't beat that speech...

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2008, 08:17:13 PM »
The title of this thread should be changed. There was as much fire to his speech than a empty Zippo lighter...

If you have ever heard any of Malcolm X speeches, now that shit is Nuclear, especially when he said his famous "Chickens coming to Roost" line. Even young Farakhan at the time couldn't beat that speech...
That is true. To the many unitiated to this type of ministry, it is "angry and full of hate".  ::)
A young Farrakhan was not making national speeches '63 when Malcolm used that phrase. But when Minister Farrakhan ressurected the NOI in the 70's her most certainly has made some very "fiery" speeches that in many ways surpassed Malcolm in tone.
!