Author Topic: Did Jay change his plans with Victor being hurt?  (Read 1609 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Did Jay change his plans with Victor being hurt?
« on: May 12, 2008, 07:34:07 AM »
It seems that Jay is staying leaner than ever in the offseason and I can only think it's because Victor is hurt.  Jay knows that he'll be the largest man onstage at his current weight and the key to beating Heath or Dex or even Wolf is to be shredded and dry.  I bet if Victor was still in the mix Jay would have worked hard to add some more pounds but now with him being the largest man out there the key for him to win will be stepping on shape dry and shredded.

It was obvious Jay was gifted the O last year but I can't see the weedahs giving it to him two years in a row and not being the best guy out there.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Did Jay change his plans with Victor being hurt?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 07:35:08 AM »
it's true... if he comes in blocky, lumpy, or holding a bucket of water ala 2007, there is a guy named Dexter who's now on the right team who could punch him in the mouth and take his sandow.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 07:41:28 AM »
It seems that Jay is staying leaner than ever in the offseason and I can only think it's because Victor is hurt.  Jay knows that he'll be the largest man onstage at his current weight and the key to beating Heath or Dex or even Wolf is to be shredded and dry.  I bet if Victor was still in the mix Jay would have worked hard to add some more pounds but now with him being the largest man out there the key for him to win will be stepping on shape dry and shredded.

It was obvious Jay was gifted the O last year but I can't see the weedahs giving it to him two years in a row and not being the best guy out there.

Any new news on Victor Martinez??? Haven't heard anything more since he tore his quads. Will ha be able to do the Olympia if he is still laid up with injuries at this point? I imagine with a torn quad it will be a while before it is healed and even longer before he gets back into working out...especially being able to squat and leg press. Any news if you or anyone reading this post knows.
C

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 09:17:13 AM »
it's true... if he comes in blocky, lumpy, or holding a bucket of water ala 2007, there is a guy named Dexter who's now on the right team who could punch him in the mouth and take his sandow.

Rob, you've seen the pics of Cutler this offseason. Dex is going to have a seriously hard time comparing to Jay this year.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 09:31:16 AM »
Rob, you've seen the pics of Cutler this offseason. Dex is going to have a seriously hard time comparing to Jay this year.

Dex should have won in 2007.  Vic and Jay were bigger, but Dex was more complete.

Again, look at last off-season.  Remember when jay was jacked all year, and we all wondered how he'd be able to 'step it up' for the show?  He's doing it again, staying near-contest shape all year long for guest posing $. 

Dexter KNOWS he can be awarded the title in 08, due to factors we all know and that only blind lapdogs in denial still deny on here.  Dexter is going to be ALL-OUT in 2008, and Jay jsut might be caught tired as he was last year. 

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 09:40:45 AM »
Dex should have won in 2007.  Vic and Jay were bigger, but Dex was more complete.

Again, look at last off-season.  Remember when jay was jacked all year, and we all wondered how he'd be able to 'step it up' for the show?  He's doing it again, staying near-contest shape all year long for guest posing $. 

Dexter KNOWS he can be awarded the title in 08, due to factors we all know and that only blind lapdogs in denial still deny on here.  Dexter is going to be ALL-OUT in 2008, and Jay jsut might be caught tired as he was last year. 

Yeah yeah, but are you LOOKING at the Cutler off season pics? He is markedly improved, easily 20% better than he's looked. If you don't agree, well, that's the end of the discussion I suppose. But from what I'm seeing, Jay is growing, improving and looking more balanced and complete than he has, ever.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 09:43:32 AM »
Yeah yeah, but are you LOOKING at the Cutler off season pics? He is markedly improved, easily 20% better than he's looked. If you don't agree, well, that's the end of the discussion I suppose. But from what I'm seeing, Jay is growing, improving and looking more balanced and complete than he has, ever.

I agree he looks better.  Which makes me think he's staying even CLOSER to contest shape than last year.  He is growing and improving, of course.  But there's a good reason why most guys take a break every year.  Cutler hasn't had one in 2 years, and the last time he competed after 12 months, he eke'd out a win that even he admits was iffy.  Add 12 more months of staying in peak shape... I dunno... my money says he mis-times it again.  maybe I'm wrong.  In 2007, there was nobody to take it from him when he was off.  This year, there is.

Bear

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 09:52:08 AM »

Jay always stays lean, hope this helps.

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2008, 09:57:04 AM »
I think he knows he has to be shredded to deal with Dexter, Dennis, Phil, and Kai, two of which I could have seen beating him last year. If Jay hits 2001 then he will win for sure but I don't think he has that symmetry anymore because of injuries.

Moosejay

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2008, 10:05:42 AM »
I have said this before...Vic will never win it.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2008, 11:30:02 AM »
I agree he looks better.  Which makes me think he's staying even CLOSER to contest shape than last year.  He is growing and improving, of course.  But there's a good reason why most guys take a break every year.  Cutler hasn't had one in 2 years, and the last time he competed after 12 months, he eke'd out a win that even he admits was iffy.  Add 12 more months of staying in peak shape... I dunno... my money says he mis-times it again.  maybe I'm wrong.  In 2007, there was nobody to take it from him when he was off.  This year, there is.

You're making a lot of assumptions. I don't think he's closer to contest shape this year than in previous years, I think he's markedly increased his muscle mass in the right areas which give that impression. I could probably illustrate it with pictures but that would take effort and time I don't have, meh.

I think there was a chemical mix-up last year that caused Jay his problems. One thing Jay does is try different approaches and try to get different looks. Remember the Arnold he came in all flat and depleted and should have lost to CC? If you watch the video leading up to it, he looks totally ridiculous. But he took it too far and missed the peak. I imagine if he had started to fill out a couple days before the show, we'd have seen something totally outlandish. I'm hoping he takes that approach this year. We'll see.

But I'll take bets that Jay wins with straight firsts this year. I don't see anyone in his league.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2008, 11:35:59 AM »
I think he knows he has to be shredded to deal with Dexter, Dennis, Phil, and Kai, two of which I could have seen beating him last year. If Jay hits 2001 then he will win for sure but I don't think he has that symmetry anymore because of injuries.
he'll never be able to look like he did in 01 again.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2008, 11:37:25 AM »
dex is too small.

vic will be ready olympia time.
Z

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2008, 12:03:09 PM »
Jay always stays lean, hope this helps.

Oh hell no.  There's some pics from last year and the year before in the offseason where his face was totally bloated and he looked like a balloon.  He's staying real lean this year.  He's showing more vascularity this offseason than he did at the O.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2008, 01:07:37 PM »
The people who are not fans of Jay's physique will not be pleased no matter how he looks. That's understandable. But any educated observer of bb can see that Cutler is waaaay ahead of years past. He has taken it to another level. I'd like to hear McFarland's thoughts on this.

I'm not really a fan of Kai Greene's look but I can appreciate his developement. I think Victor is nowhere near devoid of flaws, and Dex is too small. Wolf's frame is possibly the best in recent memory, but he has individual muscle traits that I find less than appealing.  I believe Phil Heath has the potential to be the next Mr. O and combines freaky muscle with aesthetically pleasing lines, but as most do, will appear far too small next to Jay.

Again, taking bets that Cutler will win with straight firsts.

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2008, 01:12:58 PM »
dex is too small.

vic will be ready olympia time.

I hope he can but only if he doesn't risk reinjuring himself.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2008, 01:24:02 PM »

the Olympia is not a show where the best physique on stage gets awarded.

if it were, guys like dexter, ronnie rockel one or two years ago and dennis wolf would all be in contention for the sandow.

jay cutler the best physique in the world?

please...
b

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2008, 01:30:50 PM »

the Olympia is not a show where the best physique on stage gets awarded.

if it were, guys like dexter, ronnie rockel one or two years ago and dennis wolf would all be in contention for the sandow.

jay cutler the best physique in the world?

please...

Even though he has a small waist and balance I find Rockel a little blocky. In terms of a complete Physique that can only get better I think Phil has the best physique.

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2008, 03:10:39 PM »
Even though he has a small waist and balance I find Rockel a little blocky. In terms of a complete Physique that can only get better I think Phil has the best physique.

Phil has a complete physique, but he has almost maxed out his frame due to his narrow clavicles. I don't see him getting "alot" better. He can refine his mass and nail his conditioning, but Wolf with his Gigantic frame has alot more room than Phil for future improvements.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2008, 03:19:30 PM »
Phil has a complete physique, but he has almost maxed out his frame due to his narrow clavicles. I don't see him getting "alot" better. He can refine his mass and nail his conditioning, but Wolf with his Gigantic frame has alot more room than Phil for future improvements.

That's what people said BEFORE this year. This kid is gonna grow, watch.